Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Anyone else find it annoying that Scott Snyder doesn't write other DC character?

He's the kid who won't get out of the pool. Would want to see him on Aquaman or Wonder Woman.

He's done with Batman soon and I imagine DC will want to put him on something soon. Given Rucka's upcoming departure, I could see him snagging Wonder Woman. I'd really like to see him write more Superman though.

What I want to see him on is ....

American Vampire Third Cycle!

Let's finish the bloodsucking saga that STARTED Scott Snyder's tenure at DC!
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

He wrote Flashpoint: Project Superman #1–3 for Flashpoint (alongside Lowell Francis with art by Gene Ha) and Superman Unchained for the New 52, but otherwise I'm pretty sure he writes mostly Batman.

91JWqoiinqL.jpg
    Last edited by Netherman14; 06-15-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Incredible Member

He wrote Superman and he didn't do a bad job. Maybe the story was a bit longer than it needed to be. He wrote a really good Swamp Thing run. He said he wants to write Hawkman. And he is doing it. He's making Hawkman a central character of Dark Nights: Metal. I suspect he will possibly write a Hawkman ongoing after the event.

He's going to write New Challengers after Metal ends.

Just because he likes Batman and wrote a really long run on the character doesn't mean he doesn't like or wants to write other characters. He also said he wants to write Wonder Woman and JSA. He's done with Batman after two or three All-Star arcs anyway.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

He has said he wants to write other heroes, even Captain America of Marvel. He's written for Superman. So this is false talk.

Also, no writer should have to write for character they don't want to write for (unless contract says differently). OP's post smells of bullying Snyder to certain characters.

Sorry, but he doesn't HAVE TO do a WW run. Johns doesn't have to do a Batman run on a main title. Garth Ennis didn't have to do a Flash run.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-15-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

He's written for Marvel before. He wrote Iron Man Noir. Actually, I'd like to see him on an Iron Man book.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Whole point of dark days and metal is so he can start writing other D.C. Characters. Like someone else said, he is writing a challengers book soon. He's interested in a Hawkman book since all star batman is likely ending after his future arc with Sean Murphy. He'll have time to do something else.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Whole point of dark days and metal is so he can start writing other D.C. Characters. Like someone else said, he is writing a challengers book soon. He's interested in a Hawkman book since all star batman is likely ending after his future arc with Sean Murphy. He'll have time to do something else.
    It's definitely ending after the future arc. He already confirmed it. Then he's off Batman for quite some time. He'll write New Challengers and maybe a new unnanounced series. I suspect it's a Hawkman relaunch after Metal, since he said he wants to write the character.

After his abysmally slow New52 Swamp Thing run (grass grows faster than his story did), keeping him away from other DC properties wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing . . .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    After his abysmally slow New52 Swamp Thing run (grass grows faster than his story did), keeping him away from other DC properties wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing . . .
    To be honest that's a problem he has with everything he writes. Zero Year was annoyingly long, so was Superman Unchained. To be honest I found his Swamp Thing run faster than those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    To be honest that's a problem he has with everything he writes. Zero Year was annoyingly long, so was Superman Unchained. To be honest I found his Swamp Thing run faster than those stories.
    I had bought Swamp Thing in single issues before giving up after issue #6.
    I didn't buy "Zero Year" until that showed up in collected editions, so that sort of made it easier to deal with the pacing.

Amazing Member

I don't have a problem with a writer taking a character that they know extremely well & putting eveything they can into it. What I find more annoying is a writer taking on too many projects at once or bouncing from character to character without really having much of an accomplished run.

For example: I love everything Jeff Lemire does, but I'm disappointed that some of the recent stuff he's done at Marvel didn't last for very long before his departure. Thanos is awesome, but you have to wonder if his run on that will ultimately get lost in the endless piles of comic stories due to its not being long enough to really become something special.
    MARVEL - All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men Gold, Thanos, Hawkeye (trade)
    DC - Doom Patrol, Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye, Shade the Changing Girl, Mother Panic, Bug!: The Adventures of Forager, Mister Miracle
    Non-Big Two - Forever waiting on another arc of The Umbrella Academy, I Hate Fairyland (trade)

I'm not as gaga over Snyder as a whole as a lot of others are in the first place, so I'm not really all that bummed he's all about Batman. I thought Superman Unchained was really bad so I'm in no rush to see him test those waters again (though I'm not above giving him another chance should it happen), and I haven't seen him do anything of substance with Wonder Woman to really have any feeling one way or another yet about any ideas he might have.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm not as gaga over Snyder as a whole as a lot of others are in the first place, so I'm not really all that bummed he's all about Batman. I thought Superman Unchained was really bad so I'm in no rush to see him test those waters again...
    Gotta be honest, I thought Unchained was bad too. Snyder can stay away from the DCU beyond Gotham as far as I'm concerned. Then again, I haven't read American Vampire so maybe that's a niche he can stick to as well.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."