Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default What do you think the Dark Multiverse is?

Any theories on what it actually is?

BANNED

My personal views:

Worst case: A thinly disguised Earth-3

Most innovative case: An entirely new multiverse where nothing is like it is in the main multiverse.

Best case: A multiverse thats very different from the normal one, but still has ties and connections to the main multiverse... like finding out someone like Trigon is from this place.

Snyder has said in interviews its not the easy answer- an evil Multiverse. it seems to be based on actual Dark matter, so I think it's a separate Multiverse hidden in between the cracks of Multiverse-1. It seems filled with exotic energy as well.

My theory, rather rough still, is that the Dark Multiverse is a reactive "sea of possibilities" which can shape some elements of the normal Multiverse (namely the Metals) which resonate with it. It also strongly react to anyone touching it, hence why the Gotham Resistance will have to face seven different Batmen. I think that when Batman will reach the Dark Multiverse, he will "echo" somehow through it and will create a chain reaction of "mini-universes" or "places" taking shape in his wakes, with the Dark Multiverse reacting to his emotions, memories and fears to create things and peoples. I don't think that there is a Dark-Multiverse Earth-X or something, really i think it's more like temporary (or semi-permanent) "islands" of stability created by those delving into the Dark Multiverse more than anything else.

DC Comics Historian

From what I gather by from the latest news is it is basically what if Qward/The Anti-Matter Universe had 52 universes or unlimited possibilities like that if the Positive Matter Universe. Here is an excerpt from a new look at the storyline.

"Invaders from the Dark Multiverse attack Earth, giving rise to the ‘Gotham Resistance’," is how DC deccribes a series of seven one-shot comics that tie into the August-launching Dark Nights: Metal event. Each one-shot will spotlight a "different, corrupted version of Batman spawned from the Dark Multiverse."

https://www.newsarama.com/34949-7-ev...-specials.html

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Snyder has said in interviews its not the easy answer- an evil Multiverse. it seems to be based on actual Dark matter, so I think it's a separate Multiverse hidden in between the cracks of Multiverse-1. It seems filled with exotic energy as well.
    That's Snyder making it out to be more profound and/or more difficult that it need be. We are basically going to Qward and finding the Multiverse that resonates within the anti-matter frequency IMO.

Until we see it on panel, we can't really tell what it is beforehand.

For some reason, when I read about it I got the image of Spock from the mirror universe into my head.

Astonishing Member

I think the Dark Universe is a summer event that will be forgotten...like most events.

Qward got it's name from 'backward'; a backward 52 sounds interesting, I must admit.

Dark Multiverse is another multiverse filled with different universes/earth inside, so a dark or different counterpart from Multiverse-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    My personal views:

Worst case: A thinly disguised Earth-3

Most innovative case: An entirely new multiverse where nothing is like it is in the main multiverse.

Best case: A multiverse thats very different from the normal one, but still has ties and connections to the main multiverse... like finding out someone like Trigon is from this place.
    Maybe, I have a theory that there is one Darksied, Trigon or any other divine/demonic entities from the vibrational realms in every multiverses.

An anti-Rebirth cash-grab.

Well, I wasn't too far oof, I guess : http://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-reve...-days-casting/

"The way the Dark Multiverse works is that your fears and your fantasies exist there. There are 52 known universes in the Multiverse as we know it, right? But the ocean of the Dark Multiverse is roiling, fluid place, where anything you fear or think becomes material and then bubbles back back. But, if something down there decided they pluck the things from your nightmares and bring them here, to our universe, they could."

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

A big gimmick is what I suspect.

Spectacular Member

Probably the Marvel Universe

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nitake92 View Post
    Probably the Marvel Universe
    It HAS to be the Marvel Universe. Eternity is chained. First Firmament is in charge with Logos and his cronies remaking the multiverse in their image. The Spectre is called to the Marvel Universe to seek divine retribution for the death of the Living Tribunal...and all hell breaks loose. Let the company-wide crossover begin...!