Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Besides the obvious likelihood of messy continuity, I'm really worried that Soule will focus too much on interactions we have already gotten a ton of, particularly the exes. I'm not saying Remy/Rogue and Psylocke/Fanto/Warren shouldn't interact but I'm really hoping against hope that those groupings don't dominate the book. Let's have a healthy balance of everyone playing off everyone.
    Agreed 100 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Agreed 100 percent.
    I know, right. Did you also groan inwardly when you saw those covers with Betts/Fanto and Romy?

When Soule confirmed that Psylocke would interact with Rogue and Bishop, part of me was like, "Ugh, what if it's just for a couple issues and then it's back to the same old same old?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    He wants to give up long-term continuity for "accessibility" as if those two are mutually exclusive.
    There's no reason we can't have both. Though not necessarily the easy route, it'd be nice if we could enter a book without having read all previous content for all involved characters, and yet still have callbacks to past events that have transpired. It will be interesting to see what Soule acknowledges and what he ignores

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    Well he killed wolverine, right? Maybe this is where Logan comes back.
    I still feel like it's too early for that. But if so, it would certainly explain why it's such a big deal and why nobody is talking about it just yet.

Maybe he kills off someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    OML: I heard you committed genocide.
    Bishop: I heard you wiped out the X-Men.

Fantastic! Well played...LOL.

Oh, and #3 is a Wolverine...er, Logan...centric issue drawn by Ed McGuinness!? Hells yeah! All over that.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-15-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Does this interview make the book feel more like a contained series/mini than an ongoing..its not a team bit a series of characters being written like a novel not a serial. They are pulled together in a quick fashion responding to a psylock sos. And the cast is in effect first responders with the events happening in a short time space.... Maybe that is why continuity is being brushed because everything happens in a short space of time and doesn't need to be explored or chase character growth. Thoughts?

I wonder how Soule's gonna deal with all these bisexual X-Men all on one team.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    There's no reason we can't have both. Though not necessarily the easy route, it'd be nice if we could enter a book without having read all previous content for all involved characters, and yet still have callbacks to past events that have transpired. It will be interesting to see what Soule acknowledges and what he ignores
    Thats why I miss the Editor's boxes. But Al Ewing manages to do this all in one, with any callbacks being referenced at the end of the issue. Plus, it shouldn't be much of a find if Soule is referencing things that literally just happened months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Does this interview make the book feel more like a contained series/mini than an ongoing..its not a team bit a series of characters being written like a novel not a serial. They are pulled together in a quick fashion responding to a psylock sos. And the cast is in effect first responders with the events happening in a short time space.... Maybe that is why continuity is being brushed because everything happens in a short space of time and doesn't need to be explored or chase character growth. Thoughts?
    Yup.

Spectacular Member

After Death of X and Inhumans vs. X-Men I'm not sure if I still like Charles Soule or not, so many hands in the kitchen there I'm not sure what he is responsible for.

At least he confirmed no romance in one of his tweets. All those Psylocke/Angel and Romy shippers will have to get their fix elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wonder how Soule's gonna deal with all these bisexual X-Men all on one team.
    Like all writers do: Putting them on straight relationships only.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    After Death of X and Inhumans vs. X-Men I'm not sure if I still like Charles Soule or not, so many hands in the kitchen there I'm not sure what he is responsible for.
    He's defended those monstrosities on twitter, so that probably means something.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    At least he confirmed no romance in one of his tweets. All those Psylocke/Angel and Romy shippers will have to get their fix elsewhere.
    That's a relief if it's true. I'm still worried we'll get too much post breakup drama, but if this is true, that's great.

Obviously Im picking this up for Psylocke and Rogue. But theres something he said that was off. Didn't Warren get over the dark persona and just keep the aggressive powers?

"Angel has a dark alter ego that he’s trying to work to deal with, the Archangel."

Also has Astonishing always been safe contained since the Whedon arcs and the Ellis arcs?

It being self contained shouldn't really hamper it IMO

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Its a lot of drama for sure. Kinda over who Psylocke is sleeping with these days in comics since I need characterization from her, but if we wanna put her ex boyfriends on and have them fight over her...cool. Mystique and Rogue on the team is different.

And to have Bishop on the team in a psychic arc with no Sage whatsoever. annoying.
    agreed. Bishop and Sage together we're an amazing team. time for a reunion