Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Why does everybody blame Soule for the Death of X, and IvX stuff?

You had 2 writers on those plus whatever editorial meddling, Soule was responsible for the Inhumans; Lemire was the one responsible X-men, he was the one who created the extinction plot, and he killed off cyclops long before Soule ever touched the story (and the dialog he wrote suggested in involved baby eating.).

Soule was the one with the plot thrust on him who just had to roll with the punches; his job was to try to not have the Inhumans come off as baby eating monsters.
    I was just trying to make a joke about an observation that Soule's name is on both death of wolverine and death of X.

Ultimate Member

I doubt that there'll be no romance at all though it'll probably be more like that he's not going to spend all his time dwelling on it with the characters, a small comment here and there could have two characters together without shoving any pairing down our throats or having the characters pine after each other the entire time...as for bi characters with just Mystique and Fantomex it's not really that many of them...and don't most writers just pick and choose what bits of continuity that they want to use to one point or another anyway...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I doubt that there'll be no romance at all though it'll probably be more like that he's not going to spend all his time dwelling on it with the characters, a small comment here and there could have two characters together without shoving any pairing down our throats or having the characters pine after each other the entire time...as for bi characters with just Mystique and Fantomex it's not really that many of them...and don't most writers just pick and choose what bits of continuity that they want to use to one point or another anyway...
    Psylocke is also bisexual.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Not last I checked she wasn't, she slept with one woman and hasn't looked at another since, a woman that was mostly a guy that she already loved before it happened...

Not last I checked she wasn't, she slept with one woman and hasn't looked at another since, a woman that was mostly a guy that she already loved before it happened...
    And? She was sexually attracted to a woman. It happened. On panel.

Even if you wanted to argue that she only slept with the female Fantomex because she used to be Fantomex that still makes her LGBTQIA+ so whatever helps you sleep better at night. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Where did I say that it didn't happen or that she wasn't attracted to Cluster, who was basically Fantomex...I'd guess that there'd be plenty of people around the world that have slept with someone of the same gender once that don't consider themselves bi, like how people got all upset when they thought that Willow was going to sleep with Oz on Angel after she split with Tara...so it doesn't automatically make her bi, whatever helps you sleep at night...

Where did I say that it didn't happen or that she wasn't attracted to Cluster, who was basically Fantomex...I'd guess that there'd be plenty of people around the world that have slept with someone of the same gender once that don't consider themselves bi, like how people got all upset when they thought that Willow was going to sleep with Oz on Angel after she split with Tara...so it doesn't automatically make her bi, whatever helps you sleep at night...
    I mean, yes, it does make her bisexual though? She sleeps with men and women. That makes her bisexual. I don't really understand why this has to be an argument, it's something that makes the character more interesting. And even if she slept with Cluster just because she was in love with her as she was the part of Fantomex that Betsy was in love with, that still makes her queer.

http://demisexuality.org/articles/wh...demisexuality/

Ultimate Member

Why would it make her more interesting, and it's not women it was one woman who used to be the guy that she liked and the writer at the time wanted a gay/bi character so that the team could be more diverse, and since Cluster the writers have basically dropped it entirely, I'd say that to be bi Betsy would still have to be interested in women and there's been no sign of that since, that's like when Buffy slept with that other slayer everyone declared her bi despite the writer of that issue and others stating otherwise, it's an argument because it was done simply for the sake of it, like making Jubilee a vampire because they were all the rage at the time...

Why would it make her more interesting, and it's not women it was one woman who used to be the guy that she liked and the writer at the time wanted a gay/bi character so that the team could be more diverse, and since Cluster the writers have basically dropped it entirely, I'd say that to be bi Betsy would still have to be interested in women and there's been no sign of that since, that's like when Buffy slept with that other slayer everyone declared her bi despite the writer of that issue and others stating otherwise, it's an argument because it was done simply for the sake of it, like making Jubilee a vampire because they were all the rage at the time...
    This is literally the same idea behind people arguing about Iceman being outed as gay, the only difference is that's been paid more attention to. Erasing Betsy as being a bi woman is bad form, but it literally isn't what's happened with her in the books; she's been too wrapped up in either not having a love interest at all or being involved with Warren/Archangel, which is her classic relationship and will be the one that we always go back to. It makes her more interesting because it effectively makes her a more diverse and interesting character, and she had been problematic before now to begin with. Plus, there's that whole argument that most women created or primarily written by Chris Claremont are some kind of queer.

Storm is probably bi too, after all.

Perhaps they should just make Angel transgender. Then Psylocke could be in a bisexual romance with Archangel. Endsong would have a bisexual Psylocke and LoganAlpha could have his Betsy/Warren relationship at the same time. You guys could both be happy.

Psylocke likes men, women and silverdaddy clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That's more like it!

On different days of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I forgot about Psylocke's love for cable clones.

But to be serious Marvel needs to be a little more careful with how they out a character as LGBTQ and put more thought into it before they make the decision. They shouldn't out someone if they are not going to commit to staying the course with their decision. As Endsong said erasing some one you have outed looks like bad form. At this point I think you would at least have to consider Betsy as questioning her orientation.

I know what LGBTQ means but could some one tell me what LGBTQIA+ means. This straight white guy doesn't want to offend any of our LGBTQIA+ forum members with his ignorance.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-16-2017 at 03:07 PM.

I wonder if she ever activated more than one Cable clone at the same time. Kinky girl...