Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by jddoyle View Post
    That is not him being bi. That is normal brah banter. Reny is super comfortable in his sexuality. Most men who are comfortable with theirs and others play around like this. There is no evidence he is bi. I wouldn't care. But as of right now he isn't.
    my guy Remy literally wears the bi pride flag u can no longer argue with me

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    my guy Remy literally wears the bi pride flag u can no longer argue with me
    All the X-Men are gay...so its not hard for me to think that Gambit is bi
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Just like Claremont intended. Well, all the X-Women. Gods bless Chris, at least he was consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That is not him being bi. That is normal brah banter. Reny is super comfortable in his sexuality. Most men who are comfortable with theirs and others play around like this. There is no evidence he is bi. I wouldn't care. But as of right now he isn't.
    I mean there's as much evidence that Remy might be interested in man as there was that Iceman was, all the way down to writers (including at least one of the same writers I think) interpreting him as being lgbt.

But I mean nothing is canon unless it's explicit, I suppose.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Thank you, Lord Claremont.

Incredible Member

Agreed all instance are brah banter. The Courier thing being one of the biggest ones. Remy has always been very comfy in his sexuality, Hawkeye does this type of thing sometimes too.

Personally I don't think comic superheroes should get labels and probably could care less about them. These are men and women that are incredibly fit and probably bang off panel a lot of times. Even if they're same sex.

I have wondered why someone's sexuality matters though? Is it something that needs to be said to ease the mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Agreed all instance are brah banter. The Courier thing being one of the biggest ones. Remy has always been very comfy in his sexuality, Hawkeye does this type of thing sometimes too.

Personally I don't think comic superheroes should get labels and probably could care less about them. These are men and women that are incredibly fit and probably bang off panel a lot of times. Even if they're same sex.

I have wondered why someone's sexuality matters though? Is it something that needs to be said to ease the mind?
    It matters just as much as someone's gender and race. I want representation and diversity in the comics I have to pay $3.99 for.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It matters just as much as someone's gender and race. I want representation and diversity in the comics I have to pay $3.99 for.
    I think the comics should be about as diverse and representative as the general population how about you? I mean then are we talking USA pop or the world pop? I mean at a certain point don't you think that Marvel does some kind of surveys or research on the demo's of their customer base? What would you speculate the demo's of the comic buying population are?

I don't actually know for a fact but my gut tells me based on pure anecdotes and a lifetime of my experiences that it is still overwhelmingly whites and males and heterosexuals. I could be wrong certainly there are a lot more AfricanAmerican comic buyers over time which is a great thing. I think the gender piece is still massively imbalanced though but to a degree that is understandable since comic books generally are about fighting and using violence to prove your "good side" is morally superior I don't know how many females can get into that as a concept isn't cooperation more their thing? And yeah I am sure as the population of non-heterosexuals in general is apparently rising rapidly recently (or at least people are a LOT more vocal about how they identify recently) the % of heterosexuals is probably going from like 90% in the 80s to like maybe 60% now? Honestly that's probably too low but I just don't really know. I think at a certain point you have to factor in there is such a thing as "too fast social change" which can cause backlashes, see the USA with rise of Trump for a CLEAR example of this or even further back in history, why did Nixon get elected in 1968? Backlash among the majority white population over Democrats embrace of civil rights is an obvious answer.... now I'm not saying that means we totally abandon all efforts at anti discrimination but let's not be naive and pretend backlash or reactions won't happen, I think a more gradual approach is wiser if you are in the BUSINESS of appealing to your customers tastes. "You have to reach people where they are" to a large degree, and then subtly bring them forward. Claremont with Uncanny XMen did this wonderfully, most straight white male readers of XMen don't even think about as "SJW propaganda" even though you can clearly think in many ways, it was precisely that
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 06-18-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY