Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'd say jack reacher. and that's only because he was massively nerfed from his book version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Let's focus on settings without anything sci-fi or supernatural in it. And focus more on settings that are far closer to the real world.
    As an aside, assuming something is not blatantly sci fi or fantasy, one of the things that makes me kind of put a work into the category of fantasy is the abilities of the characters. There's a point where the abilities of the characters are so unrealistic and superhuman that I think of the story as fantasy. But, then again, that's most action movies. I would put Rambo and John Matrix far more into the unrealitsic category than, say, Snake Pliskon even though Pliskon's setting is intentionally sci fi/ fantasy.
    Power with Girl is better.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Seems he's specifically looking for the straight-line mundane soldier/cop/street vigilante style of movie.

Interestingly, the more I think on it, the more the weak-end action heroes are more in the fantastical settings, probably because its easier to get away with having a weaker hero, when the enemy they are fighting is blatantly beyond peak human anyway. (Stallon and Arnold ain't taking a xenomorph in hand-to-hand.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Although I agree that Riggs and Murtaugh are not exactly among the weakest action heroes, I still think they're relatively low-tier, they're just at the top of low-tier.
    That sounds reasonable to me. I feel like if they were combined into a composite hero, this character would have roughly the same feats as your more typical action hero and thus not the weakest, almost like a McClane.