Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Batman Crossed With Doomsday In November [Metal Tie-In]

November 1st: Batman: The Devastator #1 (twisted with Doomsday). Creative team TBA – but could Dan Jurgens be involved?
    Source: Bleeding Cool

Of the sevent Twisted Batmen, this one is truly the one which makes the less sense, IMHO. If the twisted versions where those of the other Leaguer's nemesis, I could understand it, but it doesn't seem to be the case. While The Batman Who Laughs is understandable (seven founders, seven twisted Batmen so they use Joker for Batman's Batman's twist). But Doomsday ? What ties can he have to the Metal and the Dark Multiverse...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Of the sevent Twisted Batmen, this one is truly the one which makes the less sense, IMHO. If the twisted versions where those of the other Leaguer's nemesis, I could understand it, but it doesn't seem to be the case. While The Batman Who Laughs is understandable (seven founders, seven twisted Batmen so they use Joker for Batman's Batman's twist). But Doomsday ? What ties can he have to the Metal and the Dark Multiverse...
    It is Doomsday though, right?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    The silloute certainly looks like Doomsday, unless it's a fake out and it's Bane or a weird Bane/Doomsday hybrid for some reason. It's possible though. Both popped up in the comics around the same time and both took out their respective Superheroes within a few months of each other. In a strange way they are sorta kinda linked.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

From what I can understand from the solicits, it's truly a Batman-Doomsday hybrid. My guess is that he is some the result of the Dark Multiverse's reaction to Batman's touch. But what I can't understand is why the Multiverse would fuse Batman and Doomsday. Four of the other "fusions" have been in contact with the Dark Multiverse through Metals (Joker, Diana, Arthur and Hal), two may have connections to it (Vic and Barry), Batman is the one willing to enter the Dark Multiverse proper, but what about Doomsday ?

Perhaps D.C. will explains his ability to return from the dead stronger as linked to the Dark Multiverse ? (If the later is what I think it is).

Of course the Dark Multiverse is full of Batman fusions. Bat-Doomsday, Bat-Wonder Woman, Bat-Flash, because we all know how important Batman is in the DC Universe. Kinda dampens my hype about Metal.

This is all still so incredibly blah to me. I don't know where its going and I still don't really care. At this point I'm just praying this whole thing isn't a harbinger of the good 2017 DC has had thus far being flushed down the toilet.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

If they explained HOW the dark.multiverse or atleast HOW batman could morph into all these generic mixes of JL and villian beings,I think ppl would be onboard for this more,cause right now this still looks more meh,than wow.

Maybe they could have Kon comeback as a prisoner over in that dark realm,that would make it 1000% better right away lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This is all still so incredibly blah to me. I don't know where its going and I still don't really care. At this point I'm just praying this whole thing isn't a harbinger of the good 2017 DC has had thus far being flushed down the toilet.
    If there's anything more over-the-top than the power of Lois and Clark overwriting the universe, it's surely Bat-Saturation

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I honestly don't care. I'm not interested in the event or the tie-ins myself and so long as they keep the Superman line away from any tie-in nonsense I'll be a very happy camper.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Bat-Flash, Bat-Aquaman... Is it the first step to re-branding all DC characters with the next relaunch to make them more profitable?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And is it any wonder whose writing it, lol?

Incredible Member

Dan Jurgens said some weeks ago he was working with Jon Bogdanove on something that would be announced very soon. This could be it and it would make sense given that' it involves some version of Doomsday.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The silloute certainly looks like Doomsday, unless it's a fake out and it's Bane or a weird Bane/Doomsday hybrid for some reason. It's possible though. Both popped up in the comics around the same time and both took out their respective Superheroes within a few months of each other. In a strange way they are sorta kinda linked.
    I'd say definitely Doomsday. That same logo has been used in Smallville.

Spectacular Member

Honestly, this is a great time to be a Superman's fan (If only they bring Conner and The Kents back...).
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, the same CAN'T be said about Batman.

This looks like another Zack Snyder nonsense. I know I'll have to read the issues before judging them completely, but... you know... this whole concept looks idiotic.
    So Snyder's idea (the one he's been sponsoring all over the place for a couple of years) was: ok, let Batman touch the dark matter... and let the dark matter take shape of 7 twisted Batmen mirroring every guy in the Justice League.

I mean... SERIOUSLY?????

The earlier DC gets rid of Snyder and his crew the better for Batman and the entire DC Comics itself.

Oh, and in the meanwhile, please, get rid of that ZERO YEAR crap too...