Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Default Spider-Men 2

How is this even going to work? What are Miles and Peter's memory of the original event? Do they even remember the Ultimate universe?

Yeah, I know I have a lot of questions but seeing as Miles is suddenly a part of the main universe and is treated as if 'he's always been there', the original story doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of this new reality. Or does it? I'm confused.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    How is this even going to work? What are Miles and Peter's memory of the original event? Do they even remember the Ultimate universe?

Yeah, I know I have a lot of questions but seeing as Miles is suddenly a part of the main universe and is treated as if 'he's always been there', the original story doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of this new reality. Or does it? I'm confused.
    Peter and Miles should remember, as they were among the survivors of the "old" Multiverse during Secret Wars. As for why that hasn't been addressed before now, I can't really tell you. Wish I could, but it'd have to be someone who actually works there or is otherwise privy to the creative mechanics in Marvel.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...spidermen1.htm
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 07-07-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Preview for Spider-Men II #1.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Default Spidermen II: Thoughts

Brian Michael Bendis' has said Miles remembers his life in the Ultimate Universe and hopefully I'm assuming that means we'll finally see him address his old reality in the events opening issue tomorrow but there are other questions it's raised for me. Such as why did his mother not remember his secret when she learned before her death, why doesn't anyone else seem to bring up the Morales' and their associates move when characters like Old Man Logan and Jimmy Hudson are openly discussed, and most importantly is there a 616 Ganke? I loved the Ultimate Universe and Miles but the coyness of this takes away some of the joy from the series (Never quite understood Secret Wars). Anybody else with me or have similar questions and thoughts?

iMan 42s

It's part of the problem when you have a new status quo and have no time to set it up without spoiling the event or you want to do something but events keep getting in the way. Both cases apply to Miles Morales. With all that Bendis wanted to do with the character and how it was attempted to set Miles and friends up as the big names of the then current Ultimate universe, it could be assumed that Bendis just threw up his hands and just had Miles in 616 and started over just with another continuity being the lead-in. Unfortunately that doesn't answer any burning questions like what happens to 616 Miles if he exists, does his mom remember herself dying, if everything that happened is in continuity is it adapted to fit 616 or is it the same Miles but the universe just accommodating his existence?

It's a lot of questions that Bendis probably should answer but I wouldn't blame him for not bothering as it creates plotlines down the road and it probably wasn't the thing to answer immediately. He got a clean slate and it might have deterred readers from watching the setup if one was just going to get a do-over anyways. Honestly it's all inconsistent coming out of Secret War 2015 anyways with even the event itself being like Schrodinger's cat in regards to whether it happened or not.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Can't wait!