Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Marvel Legacy Press Release

Marvel has released a new press release related to Marvel Legacy.

n Asgardian titan. A Wakandan warrior bred to be a king. The very first Sorcerer Supreme.

Since its inception, Marvel has been delivering groundbreaking heroes and explosive stories. Now, prepare to return to the dawn of time, as Marvel introduces you to the first Avengers from 1,000,000 BC – when iconic torch-bearers such as Odin, Iron Fist, Star Brand, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, Agamotto, and Black Panther come together for the startling origin of the Marvel Universe, in MARVEL LEGACY #1!

The acclaimed team of writer Jason Aaron (Mighty Thor) and artist Esad Ribic (Secret Wars) reunite for an all-new 50-page blockbuster one-shot that will take you through time to the current Marvel Universe, showing you how it’s truly “all connected.” A true homage to Marvel’s groundbreaking stories, MARVEL LEGACY brings your favorite characters together for exciting and epic new stories that will culminate in returning to original series numbering for long-running titles.

“MARVEL LEGACY #1 isn’t simply a history lesson,” says SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “Rather, it’s the starting gun to a bevy of mysteries and secrets and revelations that will reverberate across the Marvel Universe in the weeks and months to come! No character, no franchise will be untouched by the game-changing events that play out across its pages. Jason and Esad pulled out all the stops to fat-pack this colossal issue with as much intrigue, action, surprise, mystery, shock and adventure as possible!”

“MARVEL LEGACY #1 will present all fans – new readers and current readers – the very best jumping on point in the history of comics,” says Marvel Editor in Chief Axel Alonso. “What Jason and Esad have crafted is more grand and more gargantuan than anything we have ever seen before and introduces concepts and characters the Marvel Universe has never encountered. Fans are going to witness an all-new look at the Marvel Universe starting at one of the earliest moments in time carried all the way into present day. Not only will this be the catalyst for Marvel evolving and moving forward, but expect it to be the spark that will ignite the industry as a whole.”

This September, prepare to MAKE MINE MARVEL with the most surprising, suspenseful, mysterious, astonishing tale ever told, featuring appearances from almost every beloved Marvel hero! It all leads to the return of a major Marvel icon in a shocking reveal that will leave fans speechless!

True believers: this book has it all! Dive into all the excitement when MARVEL LEGACY #1 comes to comic shops everywhere this September!

Extraordinary Member

"Marvel 'Not Rebirth, Really, Honestly, It's Completely Different.'"

Still, this sounds like a fun idea. I always like stories that show the secret history of the Marvel universe, like the stories about the secret Avengers from the 1950s. I enjoy that more than stories about the multiverse (though this might turn out to be that eventually).

Also, it's been pointed out before, but Quesada's style makes all the men look really old and wrinkled. It's not new, either.

The 1,000,000 BC Avengers thing could really good or wack very easily
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The 1,000,000 BC Avengers thing could really good or wack very easily
    Well it's very fitting, this company often feels like it's run by cavemen

The 1,000,000 BC Avengers thing definitely sounds like something Aaron would do.

I mean, it could be fun, but I really don't think we need more Avengers or the reveal of yet another secret Avengers group or Avengers-esque team operating long before Janet Van Dyne coined the name "Avengers" and featuring past versions of certain Marvel heroes.

Nothing they're saying here really interests me that much. Just sounds like the same ol' same ol' from Marvel.

Does the 1,000,000 BC team have to be another Avengers team? Couldn't they have been something else entirely? Not everything has to be Avenger related. Whatever....

You know what I want from this Marvel...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The whole Ancient Avengers thing sounds so crazy... AND I LOVE IT! I mean, I love Jason Aaron as a writer, so I'm definitely looking forward to this story. I'm surprised Starbrand was included among the ''Pantheon Of Legacies''; it's not exactly a very recognizable title as the others. Hopefully this means they plan on doing something with Starbrand & Nightmask.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it could be fun, but I really don't think we need more Avengers or the reveal of yet another secret Avengers group or Avengers-esque team operating long before Janet Van Dyne coined the name "Avengers" and featuring past versions of certain Marvel heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Does the 1,000,000 BC team have to be another Avengers team? Couldn't they have been something else entirely? Not everything has to be Avenger related. Whatever....
    I don't even think this is going to be specifically related to the actual current Avengers. It sounds like a generic editorial title for a team because of the Avengers status as Marvel's flaghship title. It's just easier for them to market it that way. Earth's Mighiest Heroes is their slogan, so they're probably gonna call this team Avengers because they were the mighiest of their time or something cheesy like that. I really wouldn't worry too much about it. It sounds like the story itself it's about much more than just the Avengers.

Astonishing Member

I need to see how generstions plays out first. I'm still worryed all the legacy character's are going to be replaced and the'll just pander on nostalgia for the classics. its hopfully going to be good and bring back thr FF but theres just somting a little off-putting.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Jason Aaron is involved so the Phoenix story is going to be about Fongji.

I thought we had seen the last her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I need to see how generstions plays out first. I'm still worryed all the legacy character's are going to be replaced and the'll just pander on nostalgia for the classics. its hopfully going to be good and bring back thr FF but theres just somting a little off-putting.
    Replaced how? It would be a little hard to replace Jean Grey as she is herself and I think Carol Danvers and Kamala Khan are here to stay as their respective identities.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't even think this is going to be specifically related to the actual current Avengers. It sounds like a generic editorial title for a team because of the Avengers status as Marvel's flaghship title. It's just easier for them to market it that way. Earth's Mighiest Heroes is their slogan, so they're probably gonna call this team Avengers because they were the mighiest of their time or something cheesy like that. I really wouldn't worry too much about it. It sounds like the story itself it's about much more than just the Avengers.
    This sounds more like a mini then a story to drive a relaunch or a new line of books, if I'm honest.

And I'm too hot and cold on Aaron and his handling of Marvel's mythology and continuity to really want him to be the architect of this. It almost seems like he's trying to top himself after Original Sin or his Thor run.

This feels like something Ewing would probably excel at by comparison.

Niffleheim

According to Marvel, the Avengers B.C. (consisting of Odin and Agamotto alongside ancient versions of Iron Fist, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, and Star Brand) are just the tip of the iceberg for Marvel Legacy #1.
    I'm bingeing a lot of Jason Aaron's books at the moment and now i learn he will be writing this, i'm all in. Interested to see on how of a douchebag Odin will be in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    I'm bingeing a lot of Jason Aaron's books at the moment and now i learn he will be writing this, i'm all in. Interested to see on how of a douchebag Odin will be in the past.
    Yay, more Aaron Odin. That'll be fun .

...so there won't be any humans on the 1,000,000 BC 'Avengers'...
    I wonder if the Eternals and Deviants will make an appearance. This is around the time of their creation by the Celestials.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This sounds more like a mini then a story to drive a relaunch or a new line of books, if I'm honest.

And I'm too hot and cold on Aaron and his handling of Marvel's mythology and continuity to really want him to be the architect of this. It almost seems like he's trying to top himself after Original Sin or his Thor run.

This feels like something Ewing would probably excel at by comparison.
    Completely agree. I think Aaron is part of that group of Marvel creators that seems to think making their mark on the MU is making huge, sweeping changes to the existing canon without consideration on how it fits in with existing continuity or can be handled by the vastness of the entirety of the MU once their specific story has been told. His recent run on Dr. Strange is a perfect example. It may be an interesting story to tell, but it doesn't make sense with how magic has been portrayed in the past and makes no attempt to explain those differences. Nor does it fit with other concurrent stories, it acts as if it's being told in a vacuum.

Ewing would be great at telling this type of story, Slott, Spencer, Waid, Soule, Hopeless, even Zub is showing that he has the chops. Anyone of these writers knows and respects the MU enough to expand it in this capacity, Aaron is one of the few remaining early/mid 2000s types whose ideas editorial doesn't reign in enough.