Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm also wondering, if the "Avengers B.C." is the big deal of Legacy, what the "big return" is going to be?

I'm starting to not think the return of the FF is going to happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm also wondering, if the "Avengers B.C." is the big deal of Legacy, what the "big return" is going to be?

why? the FF could be exploring that time period.

Fantastic Member

We already knew about the prehistoric Avengers and the big return is supposed to be “the return of a central piece of the Marvel mythos that readers have been mourning in recent months.”

Spectacular Member

The press release says a beloved Marvel icon is returning...not icons...
    I know a team can be an icon but I'm still worried...
    There's usually a disconnect between what the fans want and what Marvel thinks the fans want, so what if it's not the FF but Mar-vell or OG Wolverine or someone? That would definitely be a waste, but I guess 'break the Internet' can also mean in outrage?

Incredible Member

So the post Secret Empire Avengers are probably gonna be Jane Foster, Jean Grey, Robbie Reyes, Iron Fist, Starbrand, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange,

My interest in Marvel Legacy continues to drop drop drop.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    So the post Secret Empire Avengers are probably gonna be Jane Foster, Jean Grey, Robbie Reyes, Iron Fist, Starbrand, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange,

That's a pretty big leap on your part. I wouldn't expect them to become Avengers just because of the prehistoric Avengers.

So... How does the cover ties into that? And that doesn't have anything to do with Generations I guess?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    There's usually a disconnect between what the fans want and what Marvel thinks the fans want, so what if it's not the FF but Mar-vell or OG Wolverine or someone? That would definitely be a waste, but I guess 'break the Internet' can also mean in outrage?
    But there ARE fans who want original Logan and Mar-Vell back, so they WOULD be giving those fans what they want. That's the thing about fanservice: there isn't really one universal fan wish. We have dozens and dozens of different segments of fandom and each one of them want different things. So giving fans what they want is a tricky thing, because there is ALWAYS going to be someone who would've liked to be given something else. Even if they give people FF, you can BET there will be people who are still not going to be satisfied.

Anyway, if we're supposed to take the ''someone who fans have been mourning in recent months'' thing seriously, then it wouldn't be FF, Mar-Vell or Logan, since all of them have been ''mourned'' for longer than that, haven't they? Sounds like it could be Bruce Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post

That line-up sounds amazing and I would read the hell out of that. Not that I think it's actually going to happen.

And it's not like there won't be 2 or 3 other Avengers titles for you to choose from.

If the "return of a beloved icon" gets a book, will that be revealed with the September solicitations?

The way it's worded is making me doubt it's the FF and Marvel seems to love disappointing me recently.

It's likely Hulk as he's been gone for only months not nearly 2 years like the FF, and he's gonna be in the new Thor film so they can bank on movie synergy.

If it's not the FF then Legacy seems like a perfect chance for me to take an indefinite break from Marvel. I can live off manga.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Could it simply be the return of the "good" Captain America, Steve Rogers once de-hydra-ed?

Bruce Banner would be another possibility.

I'm already prepared to be underwhelmed. Nothing I have read in this article makes me go "OMG! OMG! Can't wait till September!!". I admit it's intriguing, but... yeah, underwhelming so far.

I think it could be Logan. There was that Bleeding Cool "leak" saying that, Charles Soule was teasing that something huge would be happening on Astonishing(and he was the one who wrote his death), Alonso said someone could be coming back from Generations... That honestly seems completely redundant as OML fills the role perfectly and we also have Laura and Jimmy, but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it could be Logan. There was that Bleeding Cool "leak" saying that, Charles Soule was teasing that something huge would be happening on Astonishing(and he was the one who wrote his death), Alonso said someone could be coming back from Generations... That honestly seems completely redundant as OML fills the role perfectly and we also have Laura and Jimmy, but who knows...
    Well, at this point you could just switch out 616 Logan for Old Man Logan anyways and there probably wouldn't be much difference, especially with all the books he's popping up in.

The only reason I could see them bringing back 616 Logan is to make him Wolverine again, alongside the other Wolverines.

Well, at this point you could just switch out 616 Logan for Old Man Logan anyways and there probably wouldn't be much difference, especially with all the books he's popping up in.

The only reason I could see them bringing back 616 Logan is to make him Wolverine again, alongside the other Wolverines.
    Yeah, I don't personally approve of the idea, I just think it's likely to happen lol. Logan is already Wolverine in everything but name, and after the movie it makes even more sense to use him instead of the dead one. Besides, unlike the O5, he isn't a blank state, he actually has most of Wolverine Logan's background and story, going all the way to Morrison's run if I'm not mistaken...

Basically, he's pretty much the same, except that he killed the X-Men and has PTSD about it lol. It feels pointless to bring back the old one, specially with him in so many books. It's really like the worst moment to to do it.

The Richards family seems big but I doubt it, it's Banner or Xavier.

Oh man that Avengers B.C. idea sounds so crazy and cool. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

As for Legacy as a whole, it's always seemed to me like this isn't a complete reboot but instead a change in tone or direction, while bringing back focus to certain characters. Which I think is the best way to do it, don't completely change and redo everything.