Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I think this one shot story may be interesting. I hope what they do here is good, that being said I am not getting over excited as Marvel has disappointed me to often over the last few years.

Again I am hopeful for what this brings. The only thing I know it will bring and I don't want it is another $10 book or worse more expensive.

Anyway I will hold out till I read it to pass judgement.

BANNED

I'm drooling at the thought of what Ribic's designs for the 1,000,000 B.C. versions of Iron Fist, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Phoenix and Star Brand will look like. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm still somewhat confused on what Marvel Legacy actually is, but the intent seems clear. Marvel can say anything it wants. It's seeing the success DC is having with Rebirth. It wants to mimic that success. That's what Marvel Legacy is going to do. That's the why. The how is still a mystery.
    While I'm sure Marvel was influenced somewhat by Rebirth, I expect something like this was always planned for the post-SE MU anyway - just as the brighter "Heroic Age" followed the bleak "Dark Reign" era. The pendulum always eventually swings from one side to the other.

And given that Marvel continues to handily beat DC on the Diamond charts, it's not as though they're forced to play catch-up with DC. If anything, I think they're just out to prove that they can get "back to basics" themselves but do it bigger and better than DC.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Also, two Hawkeyes, three Iron Mans, two Novas, several Hulks, several Thors, etc.
    To be fair I was only using Spider-Man and Captain America as examples. But thanks for putting the exclamation point on my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    It does sound like an intriguing concept. I've posted in the Iron Fist boards a lot how I've always wanted to have stories that explore this legacy more. Additionally, I've always wanted to see these legacy characters, like Iron Fist and Black Panther interact with one another. It just seems like Aaron is including some of the bigger known characters with legacies. I'm a little thrown off with the "1,000,000 B.C" label though. I believe the first Iron Fist started came around 200 B.C. (and is currently in the 8th Immortal City of Heaven as it's crazy ruler.) The Black Panther legacy isn't millions of years old either. So how will this work out?

As for me, well, I'll keep my eye on this title. I'm kinda going through comic fatigue. There are some great stories out there, but nothing that really grabs my attention. Indeed, this seems like a great story, but perhaps not enough for a glance. Aaron can be hit or miss with me. Loved his Thor run, but Original Sin really disappointed me.
    I feel essentially the same exact way, Tien. I haven't read as much Jason Aaron work as some others, and I've absolutely loved some of it - Weirdworld was so amazing! - but he can be a little hit-or-miss when it comes to continuity. That being said, the premise here intrigues me; I've wanted to see the IF and BP mythos intertwined too, so it's exciting to potentially see them interacting from the very start.

I'm historically not a huge Moon Knight fan, but that character's book has been on a roll since the Ellis issues, and the current volume is blowing my mind as I read it through Marvel Unlimited. Count me as someone who'd like to see Khonshu show up if we get more than the one-shot.

Mostly, I just want to know who will be the Iron Fist!

-Pav, who looks forward to hearing more...
    Last edited by Pav; 06-17-2017 at 09:21 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Those stories with forgotten past versions of certain teams are always cringe and never matter in the end.
    Anybody else remember all those original X-Men teams? Or that past Avengers team Bendis established ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Good opportunity for Aaron to prove he can write Odin as powerful, wise and not evil. Something sorely missing from his lengthy Thor run so far.
    Or an opportunity to actually write a Sorcerer Supreme that actually feels like the Sorcerer Supreme.

At least since he won't be writing Strange we can hope for a better characterization then Stark-lite.

I wonder if this team will meet the Celestials or Eternals...

And I'm really hoping for a badass Agamotto. I always remember that story in Strange where he took the form of the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland and fought Galactus.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Extraordinary Member

I think some members of this team are Eternals, maybe the host of Phoenix can be one since Thane, a Eternal/Deviant/Inhuman hybrid, just got Phoenix Force.
    Also I wonder who the villains will be. Deviants? Or Great Old Ones led by Shuma-Gorath?
    Also excited for Agamotto, whether it's humanoid form or a bug form.