Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Me and my friends are finally getting around to watching the Deathnote anime. Yeah, it took up this long to get to it. But so far, it's pretty darn awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Me and my friends are finally getting around to watching the Deathnote anime. Yeah, it took up this long to get to it. But so far, it's pretty darn awesome.
    Good luck with that I never seen the anime and still wasn't a fan. The actor who plays L is good but i can't stand the main character

Slasher season two is pretty good.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hap and Leonard.. I don't know how I've never heard if this, the leads are two of of my favorite actors. Though Purfoy southern accent in this is questionable. Still 3 episodes in and it's interesting. Seemed like a normal enough show untill Jimi Simpson and She Ra pop up and now iono wtf this show is but I'm intrigued
    I really like Hap and Leonard. The show is perfect with its very short 6 episode seasons. I am so glad season 3 is starting next week.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Started watching the British show The Frankenstein Chronicles the other night, and so far I am liking it. It has a pretty good cast headed up by Sean Bean as a police officer in early 1800's London.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Started watching the British show The Frankenstein Chronicles the other night, and so far I am liking it. It has a pretty good cast headed up by Sean Bean as a police officer in early 1800's London.
    Thought about watching that. Maybe after hap and Leonard. Let me know how it is.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Four episodes into Altered Carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Four episodes into Altered Carbon.
    I really enjoyed it. It weird how engaging Kinnerman can be in long format. When on film he's Meh thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I really enjoyed it. It weird how engaging Kinnerman can be in long format. When on film he's Meh thus far.
    He is also more of a character actor, so the longer the role ... the better.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Watched the last season of How to Train Your Dragon: Race to the Edge. Pretty good, though it never explained why Fishlegs started going for Ruffnut over Heather. It just kind of happened. Otherwise, a pretty solid wrap up of the series leading to the second film.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I watched Gerald's Game, a S.King adaptation...it was quite good, though I never read the book.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He is also more of a character actor, so the longer the role ... the better.
    Yea because he's great in altered Carbon and the Killing. Robocop,Sucide Squad he's just kinda there. On film he reminds me of Sam Worthington and Jai Courtney.. Not bad but not good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Slasher season two is pretty good.
    I liked it. but I haven't heard anything about a season 3.

Astonishing Member

I watched all the first season of Attack on Titan.Good story and animations but some epoisodes took forever to progress.But when it is good,this series is really good.
    And Richard Pryor live in concert for the comedy and did not disapoint.

Just finished up Everything Sucks. It's a teen show that's very reminiscent of Freaks and Geeks. Started kind of shaky, but ended up being VERY good. Really strong performances from a cast of mostly unknown young actors. There were some tone issues. It seems like the creators wanted an hour drama while the suits at Netflix approved a 1/2 hour comedy. I certainly fall on the side of the creators. The 10 1/2 hour episodes left many characters undeveloped, preventing many from being anything but tropes. Hoping it gets the second season that Freaks and Geeks didn't get.