Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Cursed. Average at best so far. 6 episodes in, hoping it will improve.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I started Dark. Best German TV show at the moment, or all time I have to say (that doesn't mean a lot

Good acting, a bit spooky and a mystery story. I am at episode 5 and my heads already spinning in a good way...
    Get ready for it to spin right off as you keep going, haha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Get ready for it to spin right off as you keep going, haha.
    I was really exhausted one day from work and couldn't concentrate anymore, but my wife and me we decided to watch an episode before going to bed. I couldn't keep up and was always asking questions like. why did he do that, he meant who, who was that character again...? Wife was looking at me stopping the episode and asking if I was brain damaged or something, its no fun to watch the show with temporarily stupid husband

We decided to only watch when we are awake and good.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I tried the new Transformers thing, but the different voices just killed it for me, I got so used to the old voices from the old animation version that any new ones just don't sound right imho...
    I am a G1 guy through and through so whenever I don't here Cullen as Prime it's annoying for me, lol. I think the voice work was an issue i had with it. Not because it wasn't the G1 voices but I just thought they were just weak.

Ultimate Member

Well the old cast had so much better and more recognized actors doing the voices for the characters, so they did a much better job...

As for me...Heartland, Republic of Doyle, Legacies-fun to see 20 something's play teens with one even being 29 playing a 17 year old, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, and others...

Finished Daredevil season 3. RIP Marvel Netflix

I'm watching Avatar the Last Airbender for the first time. It's really good!

Interesting mythology and action sequences. Great visuals too. Still in early season 1. Hope it continues with the quality. Most shows don't.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

Interesting mythology and action sequences. Great visuals too. Still in early season 1. Hope it continues with the quality. Most shows don't.
    It actually gets even better in the last two seasons.

So, caught up with Supernatural. Will be interesting to see how that ends. Also binged Stranger Things. Will be interesting to see where it goes from the end of the last season.

Marco Polo. I'm really late to the party but I like the show so far.

Watching it though, the main guy looks an awful lot like the guy who played Iron Fist.... except this guy can act.... I know he woulda been busy filming Marco polo when they were casting but can't help but wonder if he woulda been better suited.

Anyway i hope once the hold is off the characters they make a Heroes for Hire movie or Disney+ show with new actors. Both Danny and Luke's powers deserve a real budget and the Disney+ shows probaly spend more on one episode then an entire season of the Netflix shows. If they don't go the Asian American route for Danny, this guy from Marco Polo might be an option. Maybe Benedict Wong could put in a good word.

Also did Benedict Wong use to be alot heavier or did the beard and big clothes as Kublai just give the illusion Wong was bigger? Cause he seems pretty large. Also a great actor hope Wong gets more to do in Doctor Strange 2.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Currently watching Dark and Seis Manos (Six Hands). First one is a German sci-fi thriller about time travel (probably the best exploration of that concept in a while), and the second is a Mexican/American martial arts animated series that feels like the best combination of 70s kung-fu cinema and the Mexican Western. Dark is great and Seis Manos is pretty good.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

Get ready to become obsessed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Marco Polo. I'm really late to the party but I like the show so far.

Watching it though, the main guy looks an awful lot like the guy who played Iron Fist.... except this guy can act.... I know he woulda been busy filming Marco polo when they were casting but can't help but wonder if he woulda been better suited.
    I don't think Lorenzo Richelmy is necessarily a better actor than Finn Jones. I just think Marco Polo had a much better production value (that thing was Game of Thrones expensive) and Richelmy had a lot better material to work with. Even with the little fight scenes he had, the show was able to portray Polo doing kung-fu better than Danny, who's supposed to be a master of it.

So, getting into She-Ra: Princesses of Power. Its pretty good. It has ongoing plot, overarching storylines, and characters that have some depth. Plus, comedy and action.

Though the only thing I'm saddened about (and I learned this before watching the series), it never introduced Adora's biological family. Notably; Prince Adam/He-Man. Though, the show creator has expressed a lot of interest with making a crossover with Kevin Smith's upcoming He-Man series.

And, no. I don't want He-Man to overshadow Adora or anything. I just want the "family reunited" thing is all. Ah, well. Still a good series so far.

Dark is great, but I kind of lost interest during Season 3. I won't get in to why.

Enjoyed Umbrella Academy Season 2.

Doing a casual rewatch of Parks and Recs as background noise. I don't think I ever finished the series, so in Season 5-6 it's basically all new to me. I definitely didn't watch the last season.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Another go round on Person of Interest. i imagine the wife and I will get to finishing Shooter once we are done with Lucifer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Get ready to become obsessed with it.

I don't think Lorenzo Richelmy is necessarily a better actor than Finn Jones. I just think Marco Polo had a much better production value (that thing was Game of Thrones expensive) and Richelmy had a lot better material to work with. Even with the little fight scenes he had, the show was able to portray Polo doing kung-fu better than Danny, who's supposed to be a master of it.
    True about the production quality but Finn Jones had laughably bad acting moments. He got better in the role as time went on, but to me never was able to sell any real physicality. And yea that scene where he storms out of the Cafe on his two white friends(brother and sister i dont remember they're names atm) during season 1 had me laughing. It felt like a notch below Soap acting. I dont think he is totally to blame. I'm sure he can be fine with good material. But given the rush and lack of polish on the show. I think they needed an actor who can elevate material and atleast sell physicality, even if the choreography was bad. But yea iono haven't seen him be good in anything. GoT he was kinda just there, haven't seen him in anything else. If I saw him be good in something maybe ill put the blame solely on the script. Like for example no one coulda mae Hayden Christensens dialogue from The prequels work. And I dont think even an all time great actor coulda sold the Martha scene better then Afflek tried. But other actors were good in Iron fist so iono. I feel like he has to shoulder alot of that blame.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-14-2020 at 12:32 AM.