Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

I am now moved on to the Spanish thriller Money Heist, it's amazing. Has one I love the most plenty of strategy.
    Just finished this. It was absolutely awesome, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's a wold wide phenomenon. Just brilliant. I'll be watching it again. How GOT ever got attention when there's shows like this is beyond me.

Ultimate Member

Let's see...Fairy Tail, Heartland, Agents of Shield, Bleach, Shawshank Redemption, old Power Rangers episodes...

Decided to give Supergirl a try.
    It's ok. I'm still on the first season and hope the writers find their groove. I'm coming around to Melissa Benoist as Supergirl too.
    Not sure of the episode number but I just watched her have a bad day and beat the piss out of Red Tornado.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Currently working my way through series 4 of The Last Kingdom.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Watched the new Chris Hemsworth movie Extraction the other night. Not bad for an action flick. A lot of good fight scenes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If you haven't already done so, you should watch the original Ringu which The Ring had been adapted from. It'll deliver genuine chills without gore or blood.
    ringu is a slow burn of a movie ,the first of a resurgent of j-horror in the late 90s-early 2000s with the likes of ju-on , Chakushin Ari , dark water , kairo , uzumaki etc following ringu.ringu and ju-on had plenty of sequels and american remakes , they even had a freddy vs jason style matchup where both franchises were pitted against one another in one movie.

"goodfellas"

Season 3 of Medici.

Ragnarok, better than I thought it would be and loved the location.

Also watched Ghost in the Shell 2043, really enjoyed it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraction. I was shocked by how good the action was. There's some cgi the shows the lack of budget. But I thought Hemsworth and the guy who played the Indian version of him were great. Also a huge chunk of the movie appeared to be one shot(Clearly they hid cuts and used CGI but still impressive.)

I realized anymore all I am watching is Supergirl reruns. Usually watch one around every three or four days, sometimes more often, sometime less.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Decided to give Supergirl a try.
    It's ok. I'm still on the first season and hope the writers find their groove. I'm coming around to Melissa Benoist as Supergirl too.
    Not sure of the episode number but I just watched her have a bad day and beat the piss out of Red Tornado.
    Episode, 18 I think, is a pretty interesting one (and kind of breaks a 4th wall or two).

I will say, after season 1, Supergirl switched from ABC (I think it was) to CW, and there is quite the shift in certain dynamics. Good? Bad? Eh, depends on how you see certain things.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Episode, 18 I think, is a pretty interesting one (and kind of breaks a 4th wall or two).

I will say, after season 1, Supergirl switched from ABC (I think it was) to CW, and there is quite the shift in certain dynamics. Good? Bad? Eh, depends on how you see certain things.
    tt was cbs and it was historic when flash guest starred in supergirl since cw shows were generally lower budget and different network filming at different location.when cbs dropped the seres , it was expected that cw would pick it up and they did.

All-New Member

The Platform.Nice movie!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

While CBS and to a lesser point CW are kinfolks, moving from one network to another can and in this case DID cause changes.

Stuff that would be acceptable at CBS due to who they reach in terms of audience versus CW is night and day. For those wanting to see Jimmy & Kara probably would have gotten that on CBS. You probably wouldn't have Superman in season 2 maybe.