Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

I've started rewatching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It's the one I remember most as a kid and I'd forgotten just how much I enjoy it. I think overall it's my favourite Star Trek series, I'd even put it ahead of Next Gen. It's just a shame there's so many Quark-centric episodes lol

BANNED

I lost my mind and resubscribed to Netflix. First thing I started watching is The Defenders. I'm very surprised at how good it is. Elektra being in it is a bummer, but so far through episode 4 it's the best Netflix Marvel series of the bunch (haven't watched anything after Jessica Jones though, and not the final 30 minutes of that one.)

Didn't expect Danny to be a better fighter than actor either.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 10-16-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Finally got around to The Witch, I never seen any of the cast in anything else but they acted their Puritanical asses off. Can't remember the last time I felt for characters in a horror movie so tough. Specially the Dad, I mean what the **** was he supposed to even do, lol? I guess find another spot of forest to live with less witches.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Creeped Out - kind of reminds me of Are You Afraid of the Dark
    That's a good one.

Right now I'm watching Hilda. It's a cartoon about a little girl who moves from the wilderness to the city and along with her friends has adventures where she meets a lot of magical creatures. Mostly ones from Scandinavian folklore.

Daredevil was a prime motivator for getting back with Netflix, back when they mailed DVDs out to you. I feel this is the last gas for the Marvel Netflix shows before Disney pulls them. I've been watching television for 40 years and Daredevil has been one of my favorite things to watch ever. I don't buy much physical media these days but sooner or later I plan to purchase Daredevil and Like Cage. I never skip the intro either.

Between DD's, season 2 of Hip-Hop Evolution dropped and it's just as dope as the first season. The Oakland part is great, I grew up on all that.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Daredevil was a prime motivator for getting back with Netflix, back when they mailed DVDs out to you. I feel this is the last gas for the Marvel Netflix shows before Disney pulls them.
    Disney doesn't have the authority to pull them. That's up to Netflix

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Daredevil was a prime motivator for getting back with Netflix, back when they mailed DVDs out to you. I feel this is the last gas for the Marvel Netflix shows before Disney pulls them. I've been watching television for 40 years and Daredevil has been one of my favorite things to watch ever. I don't buy much physical media these days but sooner or later I plan to purchase Daredevil and Like Cage. I never skip the intro either.

Between DD's, season 2 of Hip-Hop Evolution dropped and it's just as dope as the first season. The Oakland part is great, I grew up on all that.
    Yeah Disney has no say about the Netflix Marvel shows that are already on. Those belong to Netlfix. They do have say on letting them do new shows about any other characters not already covered by deals though which means we will never get that Netflix Moon Knight show I really wanted. I think if they want to star their own Daredevil show on the Disney streaming service when that gets up and going they might be able too though.

The night comes for us: indonesian actioner with joe taslim and iko uwais. It's one of the bloodiest action movie ever. It has so much energy. I'vve not been blown away like that since I watched the raid in theater.

Ultimate Member

Watched the Apostle.

It wasn't what I expected at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Watched the Apostle.

It wasn't what I expected at all.
    I really liked it.

Finally got around to The Witch, I never seen any of the cast in anything else but they acted their Puritanical asses off. Can't remember the last time I felt for characters in a horror movie so tough. Specially the Dad, I mean what the **** was he supposed to even do, lol? I guess find another spot of forest to live with less witches.
    Same. Curiosity got the better of me & watched it.

The only part that genuinely disturbed me was the baby with the witch scene. That's the kind of thing that would make me hunt down 1000 witches just to calm down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I really liked it.
    Oh, l liked it too.

Was just a little surprised at the supernatural elements.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Looks like a good time to bring this thread back up.

Finished Punisher season 2. Over all I really liked it, but at times it was a litlle sloppy plot wise

Ray Romano: Right Here, Around the Corner stand up special. I had not seen Romano do stand up in a long time so I was curious how he would do. Turns out really well. He does two shows for crowds that don't know he is coming back to back in different clubs. Basically does a surprise set at one club then leaves there and walks up the street to another club fro another surprise set. Really funny too.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Punisher season 2 and She-Ra: Princess of Power.