BANNED

Default Actors who ruined their pretty and handsome faces with Drugs & Alcohol

I stumbled across a documentary about carrie fisher and her mother debby renyolds and to be honest I was stunned at how much Carrie Fisher has changed. She died at 60 which is still very young, so this means in that documentary she must have been in her mid to late 50s.

what struck me most is how she looked. not trying to be superficial but i kept on wondering what had happened to be beautiful princess leia. I felt bad for her. it is a shame really that she had struggled with drug abuse, alcohol and other demons she spoke about. I think her addiction to drug was for 45 years. No doubt this was part of the reason she lost a lot of her radiant light and beauty.

it is heart breaking that when she died in 2016 the coroner found cocaine and heroin in her system.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...utopsy-coroner

She did look good in the star wars sequels, i could still tell that was the beautiful princess leia but now more elderly, however i heard she had to loose like 60 pounds and jj abrams does have a good record of making women appear good on screen.

It is a shame really about carrie

other actors/actress I could think about

1. Whitney Houston. Beautiful woman, who also was lost a lot of her good looks and was aging quite badly before she died. like Carrie it was also revealed she had cocaine in her system when she drowned in her bathroom. Whitney has had an addiction for years and was at some point clean.

2. William Holden. one of the most handsome men of Golden Age Hollywood, who starred in classic movies like Sunset Boulevard, The Bride of the River Kwai and Sabrina. he was once called the golden boy of Hollywood but he too also suffered years of alcohol addiction that made him loose his good looks and age so rapidly. it was never been confirmed but there are some serious talk that he drank himself to death when they found him dead in his home 4 days later. just sad.

3. Judy Garland. Honestly I never found her as highly attractive as other actresses from that era like Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor but she was charming and sweet in the wizard of OZ. she also ruined her good looks and her career with drug addiction. When she died at 48, due to accident drug overdose, she could pass for a 60 year old woman

4. Lindsey Lohen. A radiant teenager girl of the early 2000s, however by the mid 2010s she had aged by 10 years battling cocaine and alcohol abuse.

5. Mischa Barton. On the OC she was one of the most beautiful teenagers I have ever seen with a unique face structure but she had a cocaine addiction that ruined her face and apparently made her gain so much weight that she could no longer find work in Hollywood.

there must be many others. I do feel really bad for most of these people. Carrie and Whitney breaks my heart a lot because I was personally a fan.
    Last edited by Fridays; 01-04-2023 at 02:28 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

As much as substance abuse can damage looks and faces, age is plenty destructive by itself. Probably plenty of actors who didn't abuse anything (or simply ate too much or worked out too little) lost their looks due to aging.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-04-2023 at 02:14 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    As much as substance abuse can damage looks and faces, age is plenty destructive by itself. Probably plenty of actors who didn't abuse anything (or simply ate too much or worked out too little) lost their looks due to aging.
    what I seem to notice is that many people who suffer from substance abuse look rugged and dull. whereas the ones who never had addiction, they still have a radiance about them even in their old age.

When you see the actors who never got addicted to substance abuse that are now much older, in their 70s and 80s, you can still tell they must have been very good looking in their younger years. however the substance abusers, you cant even tell or would not even know how good looking they were when they were much younger. the substance abuse I feel is more harmful than age.

Without substance abuse. you can still age gracefully.

With substance abuse, you can't seem to age gracefully.

I'm a teetotaler I also don't smoke or have I ever done any drugs.

But addiction is a disease. My mother aged 20 years when she got cancer you wouldn't look at a cancer victim and shame them for their appearance. So why an addict?

It's sick and cruel and says more about the person who does it vs the person struggling with addiction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm a teetotaler I also don't smoke or have I ever done any drugs.

But addiction is a disease. My mother aged 20 years when she got cancer you wouldn't look at a cancer victim and shame them for their appearance. So why an addict?

It's sick and cruel and says more about the person who does it vs the person struggling with addiction.
    I am sorry about your mother but cancer is a disease.

getting yourself into drugs like cocaine or heroin or constantly drinking is not a fair comparison to getting cancer. apples and oranges.

Look at another singer-actress, Britney Spears, who i think was one of the hottest pop star of all time in her prime, but she has aged like 20 years now. I noticed her good looks began to fade once she got with kevin federline and the whole meltdown started.

there were rumours she was abusing drugs and alcohol during her meltdown, this was the reason she even lost custody of her kids and the whole conservatorship started. in 2023 Britney looks a lot older than Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez. she was born the same year as Beyoncé in 1981.

Britney did shave her head during her meltdown. however I won't compare her to a woman that had to shave her head because she needs to be on chemo. Britney looked nuts and had lost her good looks with the shave head. Most cancer patients don't look nuts with shave heads.

Extraordinary Member

I know this is a thread about actors and faces...

...but I'd throw Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks in there as well. While she's still beautiful in her 70s, her drug addiction completely ruined her beautiful singing voice. Don't get me wrong, she can still sing. But she had one of the most unique and beautiful singing voices in her younger years. She could harmonize with just about anyone.

Then some time around 1983/84, the story goes that she was told by a doctor that she had a hole in her nose the size of a nickel. Some stories say it was from cocaine use while others say it was a result of sniffing aspirin to help with headaches from the cocaine abuse. Regardless, she refused surgery to fix the hole and it changed her vocal range completely.

Such a waste.

There's no place good this thread can go, so I'm locking it before it goes downhill.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!