Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Babylon Berlin

I really like it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I started watching Altered Carbon last night. I should not have started watching at 3 am. I was pretty sleepy and it felt like I was missing quite a few things. I need to watch it from the beginning.
    Altered Carbon, He-man and She-ra. Because I miss the 80's cartoons.

Fantastic Member

The kids (daughter 15, son 17) and I just finished End of the Fucking World (BBC series) and the 2nd season of One Day At A Time (yes, a re-imagining of the 70s show).
    Waiting for Jessica Jones Season 2 (have watched all Marvel so far).

My son and I just watched the Godzilla anime and are waiting impatiently for the 2nd season of Castlevania. Also finished the F is for Family and Big Mouth, both of which are bust-a-gut hilarious. Animated but not for children. We also just started Wynonna Earp.

My wife and I just finished Season 5 of Shameless, the US remake.

As for myself:
    Just finished the 1st season of GLOW. This was a lot of fun. There's a also a documentary on the real-life GLOW, which I watched before the series. Gives some good context and background.
    Just finished 4th season of Rita, a series from Denmark about a "spirited" teacher name Rita. Very good character study, as long as you don't mind subtitles. 4th season is the best one IMO.
    Halfway through the 2nd season of Disjointed. Is there nothing Kathy Bates isn't awesome in?

Yeah, we definitely get our money's worth out of Netflix.

Arrested Development and loving it.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Carmichale show, i heard good things but never got around to watching it. Just got to the part where David allen grear says Protests makes you sexy and says Malcolm X was a black ginger and no one noticed. I laughed for a good minute before i could catch my breath

BANNED

I'm in the middle of Altered Carbon. It started off slow but it has really picked up the pace. Much like Blade Runner and WestWorldIt asks some very interesting questions about what makes us human and the value of life/people.

I really never was into Joel Kinnaman, Before but I really am digging him now. Never mind the fact that he's really bulked up. He has a presence that goes just beyond beyond being big and ripped. He's actually the few male actors out there who dominate the screen with their charisma and power. Watching him, I think he'd be a great Bruce Wayne/Batman or Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I'm in the middle of Altered Carbon. It started off slow but it has really picked up the pace. Much like Blade Runner and WestWorldIt asks some very interesting questions about what makes us human and the value of life/people.

I really never was into Joel Kinnaman, Before but I really am digging him now. Never mind the fact that he's really bulked up. He has a presence that goes just beyond beyond being big and ripped. He's actually the few male actors out there who dominate the screen with their charisma and power. Watching him, I think he'd be a great Bruce Wayne/Batman or Captain America.
    Its weird hes meh on Film but very engaging in long format (Altered Carbon and The Killing)

Most of the stuff I watch from Netflix are on DVD and not streaming (been rewatching a ton of "New Hollywood" films like "The Last Picture Show", "The Night They Raided Minsky's", "Sorcerer" etc.).

But I did just finish watching "Godless" and loved it. Had a cool Sam Peckinpah vibe to it and some really cool stylistic visual effects. And Jeff Daniels kicked butt as the main bad guy.

Cloverfield Paradox. So far, I'm thinking it's Alien Covenant (but with energy instead of life) + The Flash (particle accelerator.)

Edit: It turned out alright. Pretty enjoyable. Definitely fascinating stuff: multiverse theory/alternate dimensions. LOL at the ending.
    Last edited by Comic Book Addict; 02-13-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Tamborine. Damn, Rock is getting old.. I only started into it cause I feel theneed to get through Dave first.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Michael Bolton Big, Sexy Valentine's Day Special

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Tamborine. Damn, Rock is getting old.. I only started into it cause I feel theneed to get through Dave first.
    Might be getting old but damn if he aint still funy as hell.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Just finished up Jessica Jones and I'm about to start on Luke Cage. Yeah, I'm late to the party lol
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Just finished up Jessica Jones and I'm about to start on Luke Cage. Yeah, I'm late to the party lol
    I finished Jessica Jones this week too. I liked it but I felt like it could have ended at 10 episodes. 13 felt a bit too long.

I've started Daredevil series 2. Liking it so far.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Hap and Leonard.. I don't know how I've never heard if this, the leads are two of of my favorite actors. Though Purfoy southern accent in this is questionable. Still 3 episodes in and it's interesting. Seemed like a normal enough show untill Jimi Simpson and She Ra pop up and now iono wtf this show is but I'm intrigued