Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Nothing. Droped Netflix for the DCU app. Best choice ever. Comics library is amazing Swampthing live action: Amazing, Titan live action: Amazing Doom patrol live action: mediocre, young justice outsiders:damn good.

I finished The Last Czars but I didn't like it, ugh.

Astonishing Member

Australian Monkey King series. So far a very weak version of Monkey and way to human looking. However, it is a good show if you ignore those problems.

Extraordinary Member

Black Mirror so far pretty good Twilight Zone type series.

Extraordinary Member

Another Life-watching this affirms for me Katie Sackoff would've made a great Capt. Marvel.

Gave Defenders another chance. I liked it better the second time, but found Danny even more annoying than the first time if that's possible. I'm not in any hurry to try Iron Fist Season 2
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Another Life-watching this affirms for me Katie Sackoff would've made a great Capt. Marvel.

Actually I never watched her in Battlestar Galactica and only knew of her through magazine articles and of course her appearance on the Big bang theory yet I can see what you mean, she looks like she could give the Terminator a run for his money. As for "Another life " it is not a bad show but why does Outer space look like Canada? It used to be Death valley or a desert that doubled for Space, I blame Stargate.
    Hail Hydra!

I recently finished Jessica Jones Series 2 (finally), watched The Last Kingdom series 1-3 and I've just started Another Life
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 07-27-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Actually I never watched her in Battlestar Galactica and only knew of her through magazine articles and of course her appearance on the Big bang theory yet I can see what you mean, she looks like she could give the Terminator a run for his money. As for "Another life " it is not a bad show but why does Outer space look like Canada? It used to be Death valley or a desert that doubled for Space, I blame Stargate.
    Never watched BG either first saw her in Riddick. She's got that alpha female thing going on but still really feminine, really fit showing a lot of range on the show too. Haha Canada yeah they're going for that green look on a lot of shows now.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 07-27-2019 at 02:44 PM.

I didn't think much of the first episode of Another Life, so I've started Jessica Jones series 3. I'll give Another Life another chance though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Gave Defenders another chance. I liked it better the second time, but found Danny even more annoying than the first time if that's possible. I'm not in any hurry to try Iron Fist Season 2
    It's better then season 1 and if you liked Coleen wing you might like season 2.

Retired

I started to watch ANOTHER LIFE, without knowing anything about the show going in. The title seemed to promise something competely different. I didn't even know who the actors were when I watched the first episode. I thought the lead was Claire Danes on steroids. I've yet to watch the modern version of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and the only thing I know Katee Sackhoff from is THE FLASH, where she looked and sounded completely different. I was surprised to find out that Tyler Hoechlin played the creepy but intriguing second in command.

I probably should have stopped watching after the first episode, but I kept going because I wanted to get some answers to the mystery that was posed at the beginning. About halfway through the series, I realized it was never going to get any better, but I was in too deep to exit.

I call it F TROOP LOST IN SPACE. It's pretty ridiculous how stupid these characters are. I think it would have worked as a weekly series and if some answers were given earlier on, instead of constantly teasing us into thinking everything is going to be revealed (when not a lot is). In an episodic series, we accept that some big stupid disaster is going to happen in each week's episode. But when you're bingeing a whole series, it becomes much harder to accept the fact that everything that could go wrong does and the characters never learn or improve from their bad experiences.

Katee Sackhoff's face started to bug me, too. Almost every actor seems to be far too intense in every scene--but sometimes it looks like Katee Sackhoff's cheek bones are about ready to explode from her skull. It was really distracting how contorted her face would become.

The science fiction aspect doesn't make a lot of sense either, but that's par for the course with most sci-fi dramas. They do win points for some interesting production design elements

The Dragon Prince and Tales or Arcadia.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It's better then season 1 and if you liked Coleen wing you might like season 2.
    Since I think Colleen is one of the best Marvel Netflix characters, maybe I will give it a chance
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I thought Derry Girls was a one-off and here pops up a season 2. It's a rarity for me to finish any show on Netflix, I participate on a comic forum and I just restarted The Defenders and realized I wasnt paying much attention to it early on so... I did however get through all of Derry Girls and it was hilarious, gonna start S2 tonight.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.