Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Not Netflix but Amazon Prime doesn't have its own thread so.... I've binged Upload and loved it. I really do think Robbie Amell is gonna be a big star. Like they took a Black Mirror premise and made it a comedy spread out across 10 episodes. Its genuinely funny and the characters and story were engaging.

I just finished season 4 of Chuck on Amazon prime (series end for me after talking with a friend about season 5) I'll give Upload a go since I need to watch something with all the down time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I just finished season 4 of Chuck on Amazon prime (series end for me after talking with a friend about season 5) I'll give Upload a go since I need to watch something with all the down time.
    Chuck declined in Season 3 (I still enjoyed the show, but that's where it started to be . . . less good). If you still enjoyed the show through seasons 3 and 4, you should go ahead and finish it. People have problems with how it ended, but I feel like they're interpreting the ending in a way that's not intended (and not really on the screen either. In fact, for me, it goes a tiny little way toward fixing one of the major problems of the show).

Season three of On My Block. Dramedy (with the emphasis on the comedy) about kids in the ‘hood in Southern California.

Got through Code 8 staring the Amell bros. Ehhhhhh, it had some promise but kinda was just there. Pretty thin on overall story. Some cool scenes but might could work better as a series. Oh and Robbie prolly the better actor.

Finally got Uncut Gems today and It was pretty dope. I knew how I felt it would end but wasn't sure of the way it went down. Outside of Happy Gilmore I generally loathe the idea of an Adam Sandler movie. I find my goofball comedies in different packages than his **** fare. Uncut Gems isn't like those, in that it's pretty consistently entertaining.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Finished Ozark: Was okay in my book, but lacks real highlights.

Finished Narcos Mexico: Sad that its over, and that always a very good sign. I want more of that!

Extraordinary Member

Homecoming with Janelle Monae on amazon. I think the ending was kinda overkill but still pretty good.

Extraordinary Member

DoroHedoro -really weird anime but pretty good so far.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I'm a few episodes in but it doesn't have me hooked. I'll give it a few more episodes though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Homecoming with Janelle Monae on amazon. I think the ending was kinda overkill but still pretty good.
    I liked the ending. spoilers:
    It was the only way to stop all of it.
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Got through Code 8 staring the Amell bros. Ehhhhhh, it had some promise but kinda was just there. Pretty thin on overall story. Some cool scenes but might could work better as a series. Oh and Robbie prolly the better actor.

Finally got Uncut Gems today and It was pretty dope. I knew how I felt it would end but wasn't sure of the way it went down. Outside of Happy Gilmore I generally loathe the idea of an Adam Sandler movie. I find my goofball comedies in different packages than his **** fare. Uncut Gems isn't like those, in that it's pretty consistently entertaining.
    try Upload on Amazon Prime. I think Robbie is defiently the better actor of the two. And thats not a knock i like Stephen alot but I think Robbie got Star potential. That movie was whatever I agree. But I really liked Upload and robbie is great in it.

As for Uncut Gems it isn't a Sandler movie. It's a movie he just happened to be cast in. His movies have been bad for a long time but whenever he's hired to act in someone else's movie he's great. If you haven't already seen it I'd recommend The Meyerowitz storys. He's great and so is Hoffman and Ben Stiller.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-31-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    try Upload on Amazon Prime. I think Robbie is defiently the better actor of the two. And thats not a knock i like Stephen alot but I think Robbie got Star potential. That movie was whatever I agree. But I really liked Upload and robbie is great in it.

As for Uncut Gems it isn't a Sandler movie. It's a movie he just happened to be cast in. His movies have been bad for a long time but whenever he's hired to act in someone else's movie he's great. If you haven't already seen it I'd recommend The Meyerowitz storys. He's great and so is Hoffman and Ben Stiller.
    I never bother with sandler movies, the moment I get a scene where he is this alpha hipster serenading a woman way out of his league, it takes me out of the film. It was like when that paul blart mall cop actor who was in those terrible movies was on a tv show with a woman a hundred times better looking than him.

Retired

I just finished watching SPACE FORCE. I can't say that I liked it that much. It has its moments, but it's all over the place and feels out of touch with the times we're in right now. For Steve Carrell and Greg Daniels, I expected something much stronger. But to me it feels like a throwback to YOU'LL NEVER GET RICH, MCHALE'S NAVY, F-TROOP and GOMER PYLE U.S.M.C. with a bigger budget and not as many laughs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I just finished watching SPACE FORCE. I can't say that I liked it that much. It has its moments, but it's all over the place and feels out of touch with the times we're in right now. For Steve Carrell and Greg Daniels, I expected something much stronger. But to me it feels like a throwback to YOU'LL NEVER GET RICH, MCHALE'S NAVY, F-TROOP and GOMER PYLE U.S.M.C. with a bigger budget and not as many laughs.
    I saw space force as a giant copy cat waste of time. Netflix needs to stop trying to ape the office creators works, and just dig into novels and create more genre fiction. There are plenty of diamonds to mine, but they waste untold amounts of money on that kind of fluff.