Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Sweet Home, that apartment block is like a Resident Evil level.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

Jupiter Legacy

Extraordinary Member

Love and Robots.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Resurfacing this as a thread about all streaming, because most individual non-MCU streaming shows cannot support a thread.

Only Murders in the Building (Hulu) was great last night.

spoilers:
    I wasn't expecting them to reveal who actually killed the girl or why Tim covered up for him. Oliver and Mabel in actual danger. Three episodes left, but glad they didn't drag out the action until the last show. I'm inferring that there's still a different murderer of Tim, who I'll assume is Charles' new girlfriend, the bassoonist. The silent thing didn't seem like a big deal to me, but seems to have earned the show a lot of attention.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 09-29-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Finished season 1 of Shadow & Bone. I liked it quite a bit, despite the story being kind of predictable. The cast is really good.

Tried watching the first episode of Cursed. Awesome animated opening credits sequence, but I decided within the first 15 minutes of the episode it wasn't for me. It's already cancelled, so it would have been a dead end anyway.

I think I'll try Chilling Adventures of Sabrina next. Right now I'm busy with Harley Quinn on HBO Max, which is awesome.

SO many crime dramas, so little time. Gang of the Caribbean is what I'm working through now, I don't get to finish things in one sitting. On the surface It feels like all the Black Guy Ritchie characters from all his movies, teamed up in their own movie. I'm with it so far.

Cocaine Cowboys: The Kings of Miami I see is now a Netflix documentary but not sure how this is different that the original that was huge on VHS back when. They even made a part II about the Godmother which was frightening.

My most favoritest Netflix show right now is Snabba Cash, I've watched it at least 3 times and it's one of the most gangsteous gangster **** I've ever seen and it's Sweedish, go figure. The cinematography is so fantastic and the shootout in episode 4 (or 5?) reminds me of a sequence in Ronin. When Season 2 hits next year I'm gonna have to knock off work early to carve out some uninterrupted time with it. It's so well acted, Leya is cold, lying bitch but I'm almost willing to find the books to see even IF she gets out of this. One of my favorites on the show already is already capped so I don't know how it's gonna go down. Love it.

Older George Lopez is hilarious, We'll Do It For Half is good.

Mobile Suit Gundam I from 1981 is on and I'm gonna check part of that out here soon.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

No official date yet but it's coming and I wanna say this is gonna be it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Midnight Mass and it's a great show so far. Catholic gothic Kingian horror.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I started watching Lucifer Season 6 this past weekend.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Doom Patrol.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Squid Game on Netflix has been pretty addictive. Also finally got around to checking out the Harley Quinn animated series, it's been surprisingly really good, reminding me of early seasons of the Venture Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Only Murders in the Building (Hulu) was great last night.
    I've been enjoying this show as well.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Squid Game on Netflix has been pretty addictive. Also finally got around to checking out the Harley Quinn animated series, it's been surprisingly really good, reminding me of early seasons of the Venture Brothers.
    Yep, like a really foul-mouthed Venture Bros. Has a similar meta approach to superhero/supervillain as regular job.

I'm a little puzzled about how they're going to handle the third season though, since they've just started a new comic based on the show which picks up directly after the end of season 2. How are they going to tell that story on the show if they're already telling it in the comic?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Yep, like a really foul-mouthed Venture Bros. Has a similar meta approach to superhero/supervillain as regular job.

I'm a little puzzled about how they're going to handle the third season though, since they've just started a new comic based on the show which picks up directly after the end of season 2. How are they going to tell that story on the show if they're already telling it in the comic?
    I really like Bane and Clayface in this, particularly the episode where Clayface went to college as "Stephanie." I wish I had started watching it earlier. (I guess I was getting a bit burnt out on the character of Harley Quinn when it was announced.) Not sure how they will handle having a comic book series running along with the next season, unless the adventures are events that won't really affect anything continuity-wise.

Oh, I am also really enjoying the latest season of "What We Do in the Shadows" on Hulu.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I really like Bane and Clayface in this, particularly the episode where Clayface went to college as "Stephanie." I wish I had started watching it earlier. (I guess I was getting a bit burnt out on the character of Harley Quinn when it was announced.) Not sure how they will handle having a comic book series running along with the next season, unless the adventures are events that won't really affect anything continuity-wise.

Oh, I am also really enjoying the latest season of "What We Do in the Shadows" on Hulu.
    Everytime Dr Psychopath says Cu*t I fall over laughing and i don't know why. Love the show everyone makes me laugh but gets me the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Everytime Dr Psychopath says Cu*t I fall over laughing and i don't know why. Love the show everyone makes me laugh but gets me the hardest.
    Heh... got him kicked out of the Legion of Doom ("cancelled by the worst people in the world" as Ivy put it), but he still can't stop saying it.