Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast

Wu-Assassins- better than I expected. Since one of the episodes barely had any action and still kept me interested.

Sense 8 - This show kind of sucks, was really good at the beginning, it's fallen off a cliff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I just finished it yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot actually.
    I really enjoyed The Bastard Son & The Devil Himself a lot. I hope it gets renewed for a second season.

Just finished 1899, overall I did enjoy it even if it was a bit slow, while I admire what they did with the multiple languages I think it did affect the chemistry among the actors at times. Not as strong as Dark but it was interesting enough that I looking forward to the next seasons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I really enjoyed The Bastard Son & The Devil Himself a lot. I hope it gets renewed for a second season.
    I just caught this yesterday as well, based on the recommends here, and it was pretty good! I'd seen the main character from Titans, and I'm liking him more in this role. A character introduced later, Gabriel, is like a French Constantine, which is fun.

I just finished watching Wednesday.

Currently watching 1899, I think I'll binge it quickly even though that's not my favorite approach. But I'm really curious what it turns out being, I have many theories after just 3 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Sense 8 - This show kind of sucks, was really good at the beginning, it's fallen off a cliff.
    I think Sense8 is one of the best things in the world.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I'm about two-thirds through the "Wednesday" series.

I finished 1899, it started strong but I didn`t like what it turned out to be at the end. Would not recommend.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Finished Warrior Nun. Started The Peripheral on Prime. 2 eps in, and I like it a lot.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's a fun thriller.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-05-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Warrior Nun Season 2
    Same. I just started and have the first episode done. Should finish it this week, noticed it is only 8 episodes this time versus 10.
    After that I'm going to watch Wednesday.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Didn't someone create a Warrior Nun thread?
    My forum search can't find it, anyone got the right name to search for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Same. I just started and have the first episode done. Should finish it this week, noticed it is only 8 episodes this time versus 10.
    After that I'm going to watch Wednesday.
    Finished the Peripheral, Wednesday might be next. I also have to catch up on Willow.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I started Wednesday and have now seen the first two episodes.

Thus far at only 2 eps in I am believing the hype was merited. I'm not, nor ever have been a huge Addams Family fan, just casually aware of them. Seen the old show, the 90s movie. I've not seen the cartoon material.

This show however, if the last 6 eps play like the first two is one worthy of all they hype I read about shows getting where some are over hyped.
    Not Wednesday. Hope it sticks the landing.

Anybody check out Witcher: Blood Origin?

Basically it explains how the Elves, through messing with a coup and interdimensional portals, pretty much brought about the end of their sovereignty in the Witcher, and how their world became a war-torn, monster-filled "continent" by the time of the series. It all feels a bit different, a bit like "Rings of Power" and the Star Wars prequels showing the civilizations at their (somewhat corrupt) "Golden age" before everything goes drastically wrong. It pretty much tells a complete story so it's highly unlikely they'll be a season 2. I'm surprised they even made this a miniseries to be honest; they could've just made an animated movie like NIGHTMARE OF THE WOLF that would've also worked. The CG is also pretty bad, especially the "Chaos world".

Like the title says there seems to be a hint of the origin of the Elder blood involving a proto-Witcher who is more Hulk than Geralt and his crew but it's kind of left vague. Although they do leave a thread in a mid-credits scene that will presumably be picked up in season 3 of the show.

There's a bit of them assembling a party but it's mainly just to storm the castle and not any major quest. Also despite the series promoting Michelle Yeoh in the marketing she doesn't have as much screen time as some would think, nor is she the main character.

There's still plenty of violence, gore and swearing but like Witcher season 2 they cut back on the sexual content (Maybe due to season one backlash?)

Lenny Henry appears in it but plays someone who is quite different than his "Rings of Power" elder.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Started watching "The Goes Wrong Show" , BBC but on Tubi too. Basically a live 30 minute play every week that goes hilariously wrong. The troop had a couple of successful West End plays.
    It's laugh out loud funny.