Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Got through Hell or High Water with Pine and Jeff Bridges and I thought it was pretty good. Jeff Bridges is pretty damn good in everything.

I'm so behind in the Marvel Netflix, part of me I guess is just so shitty they are ending I'm in no real hurry to finish any of them. I'm 2/3rds through S1 of Punisher and I love that and I'm getting the vibe that S2 seems at least solid as well. DD S3 I still am only half way through but I will say, episode 6 or 7, 'The Devil you Know' is one of the of the greatest pieces of live-action cape drama I've ever seen on television. Dex is the truth and they guy that plays him crushes it so far as I've seen.

Started Killer Mike's Triggered and it's a little more cheeky that I'd have thought but I've barely got into the first episode, I'll finish it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Started watching a new animated series called "Hilda," which is really cool.

It's about a little girl (Hilda) and her mother who live in an alternate version of our modern world where creatures like trolls, elves, and giants are real and well known, populating the countryside just outside human cities. Hilda is endlessly curious, almost totally fearless, and determined to make friends with all of them.

And Hilda is voiced by Bella Ramsey, who plays tiny badass Lyanna Mormont on Game of Thrones.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Punisher season 2 and She-Ra: Princess of Power.
    Finished She-Ra and now watching Voltron along with the Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Finished She-Ra and now watching Voltron along with the Punisher.
    I'm loving the artwork of Catra in the suit ! <3
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

All-New Member

Russian Doll great series

Good Girls great series

Stranger Things season 2
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Almost done with Punisher. Just tried Killer Mike. I kind of wish, it wasn't TV-MA, because I think teenagers would get a lot out of it.

Kevin Hart's Black History was cute in a PG Drunk History kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Stranger Things season 2
    I'm glad the actual Netflix produced series don't ever leave. I doubt something this big would have ever left anyway but I really dug the first season and I still haven't gotten past episode 2 of Season 2. Only so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Almost done with Punisher. Just tried Killer Mike. I kind of wish, it wasn't TV-MA, because I think teenagers would get a lot out of it.
    I got through all of Trigger Warner up to White Jesus and I agree. Teenagers, on their own, these days aren't going to let a TV rating get in the way of entertainment but I got something out of it and I'm 20+ years past being a teenager. Parts of a couple of those episodes definitely should get a wider audience.

The Denzel narrated Chasing Trane is one of my new favorite music docs. I have a hole in my soul in regards to a lot of Jazz, I'm aware of the major players and a handful of the music but so much of the best stuff was before my time. It's amazing how many pictures and footage was available to so beautifully produce some of these pieces.

The Netflix Quincy Jones doc got a Grammy the other night also, the man was prolific in his work his kids have received Grammy awards producing him. Amazing.

Right now I'm nearing the end of 'The Two Killings of Sam Cooke'. It's powerful, again another piece of American History by way of Black people's struggle that was decades before my time but the stuff on Emmitt Till alone, damn. We tend to think his murder happened 100 years ago when in actuality a great number of Americans in only their 70s were around when it happened.
    You bet yer ass.

Two episodes into Umbrella Academy, liked it so far. A bit soon for spoilers I guess so I'll keep it short. It looks and sounds good too and so far I like the music choices. It has Adam Ant!
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Two episodes into Umbrella Academy, liked it so far. A bit soon for spoilers I guess so I'll keep it short. It looks and sounds good too and so far I like the music choices. It has Adam Ant!
    Just so you know...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...my-2019-Series

Triple Frontier was excellent. Ben is my least favorite of the group in general and that's not to include the guy I've never seen but he was good. My guy though from Rouge One, Jackson from Sons and my dude from Narcos killed it. The only thing about these Netflix productions is, there are points where I guess so as the budget doesn't inflate to the lower level of your EFX laden theatrical releases, comes across as a little funky. Like in the last scene where the guys split and guy goes into the crowd that looks like a crowd but not, the part with the helicopter crashing but as far as visual gripes that was it. I thought it was gripping and the performances from the guys were great. A heist movie that is predicated on actually physically transporting a ton of stolen money across the setting of the terrain was very cool.
    You bet yer ass.

I've been watching The Last Kingdom for the past week. This completely passed me by when it first came out, but I'm loving it. Can't get enough of it now.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Watched When they See us. I reccomend it highly, Ava Duvernay knocked it out the park. Alot of good performances John Leguizamo and Michale K Smith are the standouts. But the kids do a great job, same with the moms.

Daredevil
    Luke Cage
    Punisher
    Black Summer
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
    Death House
    Cargo
    Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Daredevil
    Luke Cage
    Punisher
    Black Summer
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
    Death House
    Cargo
    Defenders
    Death House I tried to watch it. I was completely perplexed by wtf I was watching an quite shortly after Danny Trejo kills a women in VR. Production value was so crap and that I didnt care enough to stick it out long enough for the story to start making sense. Does it? Or is it just wtf?!?!?! All the way through.