Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

I just finished rewatching Peaky Blinders, but I didn't realise that series 4 isn't there I also just finished Black Mirror. Currently working my way through Rick & Morty. I will watch Gotham again from the beginning (I think it was the first two series that I watched previously), once my two Gotham novels arrive.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Astonishing Member

Young Justice.
    I am still in the begining of the first seasson,but the first episodes are quite cool.

BANNED

Chef’s Table

This is pure pseudery. I’m mad that animals suffer and die so some entitled, pudgy, pretentious twats can pretend they’re making masterful art by sprinkling 2 ounces of beef with white truffles. This guy thinks he’s Michelangelo because he infused a tortilla with spinach.

Human beings are a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've started watching Disenchantment. I like it.
    Rampaged through the season, it had it's moments & held my interest. Has a nice overall "Futurama" feel to it.

That cliff-hanger at the end of the season was a BIG surprise. Did not see that coming & now I'm too invested not to want to see how that story plays itself out.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Made it through Luke Cage season 2 and Iron Fist season 2. Honestly I didn't think either was that bad and was worth watching. Iron Fist was much better than season 1. Luke Cage kind of dragged in the middle, but I thought the last 2 or 3 episodes were pretty good. Luke Cage would have been better if it had been 10 episodes like Iron Fist instead of 13.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

ANIME
    A.I.C.O. Incarnation
    Fate/Apocrypha
    Kakegurui
    Little Witch Academia
    Violet Evergarden

LIVE ACTION
    Breaking Bad, season 3
    Daredevil, season 2
    Dexter, season 2
    House of Cards, season 2
    NCIS, season 1
    Riverdale, season 1
    Stranger Things, season 1
    The Great British Baking Show
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-05-2018 at 05:31 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Chef’s Table

This is pure pseudery. I’m mad that animals suffer and die so some entitled, pudgy, pretentious twats can pretend they’re making masterful art by sprinkling 2 ounces of beef with white truffles. This guy thinks he’s Michelangelo because he infused a tortilla with spinach.

Human beings are a mistake.
    what animals were killed to make this tortilla and those spinachs?

Retired

Just binged MAINIAC (American version starring Jonah Hill and Emma Stone). From some of the same people that did THE LEFTOVERS and TRUE DETECTIVE.

I found the first episode frustrating and a let-down--and came close to giving up on the series--but once I got into episode 2, I was more involved and enjoyed the rest of the other episodes for the most part. I think the weak spot is Jonah Hill--he's often so dull and emotionless (plus often hard to hear what he's saying) that it sucks all the energy out of the show--and most of the first episode was about his character and his situation with his family, which I just couldn't relate to.

The best acting comes from Sally Field and Justin Theroux--I loved all the drama with their characters. Sally Field could win an Emmy for best supporting actress, if she gets nominated.

At times it feels like the whole story is just one elaborate framing device for telling a bunch of other stories. In that regard, it's like a mix of BLACK MIRROR, ROOM NO. 9 and LOVE AMERICAN STYLE. But the series comes to a conclusion--so I don't think there will be more seasons. It's based on a Norwegian series that had two seasons--and from the description (haven't seen the series myself), that version of MAINIAC was more of a true anthology, using the same actors a la ROOM NO. 9.

Extraordinary Member

Death Race Anarchy. Dirty,good fun.

Creeped Out - kind of reminds me of Are You Afraid of the Dark

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Death Race Anarchy. Dirty,good fun.
    Yea I got through a chunk of it, it's wild. Feels like what's happening the next town over in Mad Max. I love Danny Trejo but showing up was kinda like, yea OK. I guess him and Danny Glover are a package deal now.

The wife's got me watching Strong. A cross between Biggest Loser and American Ninja Warrior, kinda into it actually. Flipping through someone else's profile is ill. The wife's got movies and shows I'd would cancel my Netflix of that was the **** available to me. Only thing we got in common really is the Marvel stuff. I'm funny about what I put into the algorithm, if I hover over something for too long I worry that they'll think I was legit about actually watching some of this stuff. Can't be havin that.

Been working on The Last Jedi for the past couple nights. I never saw Force Awakens so I hope I don't get confused.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Yea I got through a chunk of it, it's wild. Feels like what's happening the next town over in Mad Max. I love Danny Trejo but showing up was kinda like, yea OK. I guess him and Danny Glover are a package deal now.

The wife's got me watching Strong. A cross between Biggest Loser and American Ninja Warrior, kinda into it actually. Flipping through someone else's profile is ill. The wife's got movies and shows I'd would cancel my Netflix of that was the **** available to me. Only thing we got in common really is the Marvel stuff. I'm funny about what I put into the algorithm, if I hover over something for too long I worry that they'll think I was legit about actually watching some of this stuff. Can't be havin that.

Been working on The Last Jedi for the past couple nights. I never saw Force Awakens so I hope I don't get confused.
    Yeah it was pretty wild haha definitely could be something out of Mad Max. Yeah Danny Glover was saying he was too old for this **** 20 something years ago but him and Trejo seem to be a team after Badass lol.
    Never heard of Strong might have to check that out. I enjoyed TFA way more than TLJ but TLJ isn't really hard to understand without viewing TFA.

I'm halfway through "The Haunting of Hill House". I like it a lot so far. The first 5 episodes each featuring one of the 5 children as the PoV character worked well. The last few minutes of episode 5 were amazing.
    Live true or lie well.

Incredible Member

Haunting of Hill House.