Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm about five episodes in and Doctor Rip Who Hunter had two opportunities to stop Savage permanently and just....didn't. Maybe I'll skip ahead idk.
    Rip Hunter is such a disappointment.

Astonishing Member

Is Narcos Mexico a continuation of Narcos? Or just a spin off that has no ties to Narcos season 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Is Narcos Mexico a continuation of Narcos? Or just a spin off that has no ties to Narcos season 1-3.
    It's another story in the same universe. Levels of Escobar's and the early cartel heads reign I would say is the most throughout line as it were. Narcos Mexico with my guy from Ant-Man as the cop starts out with the emerging marijuana trade under a new cartel head rule. The guy that looks like Ed Norton is the big bad. Least as far as I got.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It's another story in the same universe. Levels of Escobar's and the early cartel heads reign I would say is the most throughout line as it were. Narcos Mexico with my guy from Ant-Man as the cop starts out with the emerging marijuana trade under a new cartel head rule. The guy that looks like Ed Norton is the big bad. Least as far as I got.
    Is it worth watching? Ive been unsure what to watch first: Narcos Mexico or El Chapo

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Is it worth watching? Ive been unsure what to watch first: Narcos Mexico or El Chapo
    There are a BUNCH of El Chapo and Escobar docs and drama and even novellas lol, Chapo came after Pablo but there was some overlap. The production of the Narcos (Columbia) series is what is so dope to me personally. The guy that's the cop and the guy on the other side of the border (oh... the guy from the Ben Afleck Netflix movie about robbing a drug kingpin), acting is very good. The early days of the US involvement is pretty compelling. Good acting, good locales and as a period piece it's very solid. It drags at points but the high levels of government involvement is pretty compelling. As a dramatization I guess since there is footage of that period it's easier to clamp down a look but the pictures alone are worth a streaming watch. Let me know what you think.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Rip Hunter is such a disappointment.
    The whole show is a disappointment so far.
    It's like the writing staff is just letting the interns write the episodes.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ozark, season 1. Living in constant anxiety of your life being turned upside down is something we can all relate to now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    There are a BUNCH of El Chapo and Escobar docs and drama and even novellas lol, Chapo came after Pablo but there was some overlap. The production of the Narcos (Columbia) series is what is so dope to me personally. The guy that's the cop and the guy on the other side of the border (oh... the guy from the Ben Afleck Netflix movie about robbing a drug kingpin), acting is very good. The early days of the US involvement is pretty compelling. Good acting, good locales and as a period piece it's very solid. It drags at points but the high levels of government involvement is pretty compelling. As a dramatization I guess since there is footage of that period it's easier to clamp down a look but the pictures alone are worth a streaming watch. Let me know what you think.
    I will.

Narcos season 3 is still good, but it lacks a bit of a punch without Pablo Escobars involvement. My wife doesn't want to see it anymore, for her the story is told and anything further would diminish her viewing pleasure. I can feel what she means, but I am still curious.

You can completely skip Season 1 (except for maybe the pilot episode) and go straight to Season 2, which is 1000% better!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Season one they really didn't know what they were doing. Hawkgirl and Hawkman were both kinda duds and so was the way they handled Vandal Savage. Season two it get much better as they start to lean more into the comedy aspect. The Legends are less JLA and more JLI in they are kind bumbling around sometimes making things worse but fixing it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Season one they really didn't know what they were doing. Hawkgirl and Hawkman were both kinda duds and so was the way they handled Vandal Savage. Season two it get much better as they start to lean more into the comedy aspect. The Legends are less JLA and more JLI in they are kind bumbling around sometimes making things worse but fixing it in the end.
    Just my opinion, but that just says the creative team had no clue and gave up.
    The time travel premise alone has a great deal of potential not to mention a team of time-traveling superheroes. How could this not have been good?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I tried that legends show recently and i sure agree that it sucks.

Most of the characters are annoying and the writing...my poor zombie satan...the writing!! So damn weak.

Again, skip Legends Season 1!! NOBODY thinks it was good and you don't need it really.

Been watching some favorite Community episodes (paintball, D & D, etc), been awhile since i watched the show (and i pretty much skipped the last few seasons).

While Legends of Tomorrow did improve substantially after Season 1, i still think its a bit overrated. Has the same after-school special "character X learns a valuable lesson about _____" in every episode. The humor is pretty hit-or-miss, and of course the budget doesn't allow them to do justice to the superpowers (especially glaring when it comes to Firestorm and Atom). That said, there are definitely some good episodes in there.

The first season of Wynonna Earp.

About as silly as it can get but in a good way. Kinda wish it was less childhish in its humor though.