Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

3022- kind of a downer but still pretty decent sci-fi drama.

Tiger King. Netflix is amazing with these docs. They always start out crazy but somehow manage to up the wtf factor every episode.

Astonishing Member

Narcos Season 3.

Amazing!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I haven't watched anything since finishing The Witcher, but I think Locke & Key will be up next.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I haven't watched anything since finishing The Witcher, but I think Locke & Key will be up next.
    Its not bad, but if you have read the comic, you will be slightly disappointed.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I liked the show for the most part, but the ending was sloppy and you could see it coming from a mile away.

Is there a similar thread to this for Amazon Prime? Or do we post about those shows here?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Done watching the two seasons of Titans and man, it is the best DC related thing i have seen on a screen, big or small, outside of animated stuff.

Me and the wife knocked out Self Made in a night. I never heard Indianapolis mentioned so much in a TV drama. Even left it on in the room for the algorithms. Got through the latter episode of They've Gotta Have Us. Black Film is NOT a genre, word. It's kinda all over the place but I like the pictures. Miles Davis, Miles Davis, Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool. I had no idea about his life early on, all I knew of the man was post-Bitches Brew. Excellent documentary narrated to a point by him. I just wish I had more application for the phrase 'sack full of muthafuckas' in my personal life. Yea,

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Titans.

Man, that dude playing Dick is looking the part perfectly.
    You must be outside of the US, this is the second time you've brought up Titans, I was all why does he leave out 'Remember the'?
    I guess the DC streaming service is still a thing but aint' no Titans on my Netflix. That's dope if you do have that, I have only seen clips on YT.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm watching Lost in Space series 2. I'll probably watch Titans series 2 next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Ozark season 3
    Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    Ozark season 3, as well as Happy season 2. Still gotta finish the animated Altered Carbon as well as Lost in Space S2.
    I'm about midway through Lost in Space S1 and I like it, all the ships, the production is dope. Ya know Jonathan Harris's Dr. Smith from the original series made me LOATHE that show and I'm usually down for that periods sci-fi and horror shows, Netflix Dr. Smith is ruthless lol. I also like how the family is kinda pieced together, you really have to remove the original structure of the 60's show, that's just the bones of it. The boy is about the truest from the OG series vs. the Netflix production. He's pretty round-headed and wide-eyed enough. I like the young sista that's part of the fam too. Plus there are other space pioneers which is cool, not just some TV alien every week like the old show. Lookin' forward to S2.

I got on the Ozark wave late and didn't finish S1 yet but It's great, yadda, yadda, yadda. Glad it's back.

I've got Altered Carbon on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Tiger King. Netflix is amazing with these docs. They always start out crazy but somehow manage to up the wtf factor every episode.
    Yea, I stomached what I could of this, got through part 4 I think and I'm out. So, they are ALL ASSHOLES right? ALL of them are breeding tigers, when a tiger goes beyond being cute it gets old and surely like people and then what? That chick who killed her husband sure has burred a lot of tigers she didn't make grave markers for I'm sure. I'ts a little too messy for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Narcos Season 3.

Amazing!
    Love Narcos, I actually do 'kinda' keep pretty current with this series although I haven't finished Narcos Mexico S1. I think I started Narcos S3. It is one of those Netflix Series I go back to like the Marvel stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Is there a similar thread to this for Amazon Prime? Or do we post about those shows here?
    Probably not here but mos def we're probably overdue for a general 'streaming' thread or even one for just Prime. Hell, I've been toying with starting one for JUST FX shows. Next to Netflix historically it's probably been my go to network as their shows going on 10 years or more now have been the best of television imo.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Probably not here but mos def we're probably overdue for a general 'streaming' thread or even one for just Prime. Hell, I've been toying with starting one for JUST FX shows. Next to Netflix historically it's probably been my go to network as their shows going on 10 years or more now have been the best of television imo.
    Yeah, I've been re-binging shows I watched long ago on AP like Entourage, and finding some novelty throwback movies, too.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Finished up watching Altered Carbon season 2. As much as I like Anthony Mackie I found myself missing Joel Kinnaman quite a bit especially in the middle. Kinnaman's version was an ******* but he was more a likable ******* while Mackie just came off as a dick as Kovacs for most of the season. The scenes between Kovacs and Poe really made this show until they turned it around a little at the end and Mackie came off as more likable. I found myself much more interested in the Poe/Dig plotline than the Kovacs/Falconer plot line.

Overall still enjoyable but near as good as season 1.

Re-watching Farscape on Amazon Prime.

I forgot what a weird, fun little show that was.

I just finished the two seasons of Kingdom. I highly recommend it.

I'm watching Legends of Tomorrow now and not loving it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm watching Legends of Tomorrow now and not loving it.
    What season?

The show started off seriously, and wasn't very good. At some point in season 2 or 3 they just decided to be intentionally ridiculous, and it became fun . . . as long as ridiculous works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    What season?

The show started off seriously, and wasn't very good. At some point in season 2 or 3 they just decided to be intentionally ridiculous, and it became fun . . . as long as ridiculous works for you.
    I'm about five episodes in and Doctor Rip Who Hunter had two opportunities to stop Savage permanently and just....didn't. Maybe I'll skip ahead idk.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe