Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Watching a bunch of Studio Ghibli films now that most of them have been added to Netflix here. Only through Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away thus far.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Extraordinary Member

My Spy on Amazon. A little long but still pretty good feel good comedy with Dave Bautista.

i'm on the second season of Ripper Street. I highly recommend it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I'm actually starting a re-watch of Avatar the Last Airbender. As much as I love the series, I've only watched it all the way through back when it originally aired. Otherwise, I only watched various episodes, so it'll be fun to go through the entire show from start to finish again.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I've started watching She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Pretty good so far. I never really watched the original so I don't know how it compares.

Wondering if there will ever be another season of Hilda.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Watched the first season of the Netflix reboot of The Babysitters Club. I rather enjoyed it. It does a very good job of adapting the novels, and characters while modernizing some of their more outdated aspects. Both the young, and adult cast do great work with the material, I definitely hope it sticks around for another or two. Or at least long enough to adapt the original 35 Anne M. Martin novels.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I've started watching She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Pretty good so far. I never really watched the original so I don't know how it compares.
    The original was a product of it's time, toy advertisement. Lots of style, cool elements and setting; endless squandered potential.

You probably wouldn't even clue in that Adora grew up in the Horde if you didn't watch the He-Man/She-ra movie that set it up.

The new one takes the elements and actually does something with them.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member

Unsolved Mysteries.

I watched the original as a kid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Unsolved Mysteries.

I watched the original as a kid.
    Is that about the supernatural, or more like crime storys?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Is that about the supernatural, or more like crime storys?
    It always covered both.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

- toast of london

- total recall

Astonishing Member

I am looking forward to "The old Guard"

Trailer wasn't bad and Charlize Theron is a cool chick

Speaking of Netflix shows, just saw this

https://www.cbr.com/tag/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina/

The last season was something of a mess, but the show had become a guilty pleasure. Probably best for it to end before it gets too bad.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Watched the two seasons of the martial arts anime Kengan Ashura. Pretty great with some killer fight scenes and I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously at times so there's some humour in it too. The 3-D style was a bit distracting at first but they put it to good use and you get used to it. The voice acting was good too (in original Japanese audio with English subtitles).

Just watched The Old Guard as well. Honestly was pretty disappointed. The action seemed to have been the selling point in it but I wasn't that impressed, giving Netflix also put out Extraction which was fantastic in that regard. The story they tease at the end sounded far more interesting than the entire film. Most of the acting was subpar, as well as the dialogue, and I wasn't a fan of the cheesy electro-pop and overly somber soundtrack trying to make me feel things.

I'll definitely adding UA S2 to my watch list at the end of the month.