Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Today, so far, Manhunt: Unabomber, The Shannara Chronicles (one episode was enough), River and iZombie.

I got Hulu earlier in the summer and that has pulled some views away from the Netflix. I like classic television and Hulu mosdef has more of that but their original stuff doesn't hold up to the quantity and frequency of what Netflix drops.

I hope Netflix gets more Shaw Brothers stuff. They've gotten 5 Deadly Venoms (it's called something else though), Flying Guillotine 1 and 2 and a couple others. Love that only thing is that it will leave Netflix w/out notice unless your on line keeping tract. Specially since Sling and Univision still have there issues and I don't get El Rey...fuckers.

I was Instagraming through most of 'How It Ends' the other day. I don't know, kind of a slog, tough to get into, like a lot of Netflix fare I didn't finish it. Don't know if I'll pick it back up, there wasn't a whole lot to it. Extinction with Michael Pena is what I'm going to get into this weekend. And yes I plan to start Disenchantment too.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

GLOW, season 2

Retired

I binge-watched ALTERED CARBON, which was made in and around my home town of Vancouver. There are varying degrees of separation between Vancouver and the movies and TV shows made here. Some represent Vancouver almost exactly as it is--like MOTIVE, a series which starred Kristin Lehman as a Vancouver police detective. The only thing that separates that fictional Vancouver from the real thing are some short cuts--like the fact that the detectives go to locations which in real life are outside Vancouver's boundaries and would therefore not be in their jurisdiction. Lehman also appears in ALTERED CARBON, as a very different character--but seeing her in the first episode was one of the things that tipped me off this is in Vancouver.

Sometimes the series does an impressive job of disguising it's real world locations--much better than LOST IN SPACE--but there are times when it's so obvious that I know exactly where they are. It's the places that are somewhere in-between reality and complete fantasy that are the most freaky for me. I had an inception type nightmare, when I was midway through the series, and when I woke up it came to me that watching shows like ALTERED CARBON has the eerie feeling I get in some dreams--where I'm in a place from real life, but it's never exactly like the real life place. That strange mix of the familiar with the totally unreal.

Finished Ozark Season 2...good stuff!

Been watching Innocents (netflix series) and it's a bit hit or miss, but I am interested to see where it's going.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I have Collateral qued up in my list to start watching tonight.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Finished Ozark Season 2...good stuff!
    Just got hip to the Ozark party, started S1, great so far. Jason Bateman has been a television and movie constant for me since Silver Spoons.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Just started the new animated series "Dragon Prince." Four episodes in and I'm already calling this a great spiritual successor to the Avatar shows. Not surprising at all, seeing as how Aaron Ehaz is involved.

Highest recommendation here.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Just started the new animated series "Dragon Prince." Four episodes in and I'm already calling this a great spiritual successor to the Avatar shows. Not surprising at all, seeing as how Aaron Ehaz is involved.

Highest recommendation here.
    Thanks for the recommendation going to watch it!

The originals season 4.

I might watch either Bleach the live action movie or Dr. Strange next.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Finally got around to watching Altered Carbon, and I actually quite liked it. Still have 2 episodes to go.

I plan on giving Iron Fist season 2 a try here soon, but it is hard to really get excited about it. I hear it is much better than the first season, so I hope I like it.

Retired

I should mention that at the beginning of this year I binge-watched both seasons of MASTER OF NONE. It was odd timing on my part, because just after that the #MeToo backlash against Aziz Ansari happened.

Well, a couple months after that I went to Europe, where I lived for three months, and over the long May Day weekend I went with a friend to Venice where we stayed in a crappy hotel, but on the Sunday we took the train to Modena, Italy, which is the setting for season 2 episode 1--"The Thief," a clever take on DeSica's THE BICYCLE THIEF--and we saw a lot of the same locations used for that episode.

It wasn't in black and white and it wasn't like Ansari's story, but it was a surreal experience.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Raiders of the Lost Art. Very fascinating show.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Finally got around to watching Altered Carbon, and I actually quite liked it. Still have 2 episodes to go.

I plan on giving Iron Fist season 2 a try here soon, but it is hard to really get excited about it. I hear it is much better than the first season, so I hope I like it.
    They are bringing Anthony Mackie in as the lead for season 2. Cant wait I really enjoyed the show and I liked Kinnerman but think Mackie is a superior actor.

Finished watching the 2nd season of Atypical last night. I've also been watching The Punisher. I watched The Beyond recently too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"