Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Watched their Ultraman take - Meh. Basically they became Iron Man light rather than real Ultraman.

Extraordinary Member

Vampires vs the Bronx
    Welcome to sudden Death
    Momentum - pretty good.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-04-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Mighty Member

New York: Fear City

An interesting 3/4 episode series on how the FBI broke the power of the Italian mafia in New York through the RICO act.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Love Cobra Kai. I've watched both seasons 4 times over already. It really sucks that we don't know when season 3 will air.

Watched Dragon's Dogma. Meh...
    January 8th my man. And season 4 is green lit. I like how the show blurs the lines between whos good and whos bad. Outside of Krease(who they even make you feel for home for like 5mins.) This show was way better then it ever deserved to be. I wish Pat Morita was still around for many reason. I just found out Mr Morita had no accent and was a hilarious stand up comedian.

I am putting way too much thought into a movie i didn't even enjoy that much. Has anyone seen Babysitter: Killer Queen? I have a question or two.

spoilers:

So its revealed that Bee has turned good. Which is nice. That ET callback managed to get me emotional for once. I always love a good villain redemption. Weaving nails it imo.

But if that night from the end of 1st movie changed her, why did she recruit Melanie?

And what's the point to Bee's convoluted plan? Was it already planned that Cole is going to be a part, so she set up Phoebe to be involved, ultimately foiling the sacrifice. Or was it a strange plan to hook up the two kids she looked after as a Babysitter?

Maybe i am missing something or the whole movie made no sense?
    end of spoilers

Emily in Paris is the first Netflix show I loved, I don't count Cobra Kai since the first three seasons were filmed before Netflix bought the streaming rights.

I recommend both of course.

I'm torturing myself with Hemlock Grove. It doesn't start out strong, and never improves. I'm just seeing how it ends.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Finishes She-Ra, loved it. Now starting on Umbrella Academy. Yes, I am 6-12 months behind everybody else. I don't binge.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Finishes She-Ra, loved it. Now starting on Umbrella Academy. Yes, I am 6-12 months behind everybody else. I don't binge.
    I found it hard NOT to binge She-Ra, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I found it hard NOT to binge She-Ra, personally.
    I came close... I watched an episode most days, which I don't usually do.

I came close... I watched an episode most days, which I don't usually do.
    Yeah, I would put it on, next thing I know, I'm already hitting close to the next season with it. It was an enjoyable series. Just hoping the upcoming He-Man series is just as enjoyable in its own way.

Anyway, tried Haunted Bly Manor or whatever, and... Meh. It was the opposite. I got 3 episodes in, and felt more like 5. The little bits of supernatural stuff were good, but the rest of the show just dragged. More a suspense series than thriller/horror/supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, I would put it on, next thing I know, I'm already hitting close to the next season with it. It was an enjoyable series. Just hoping the upcoming He-Man series is just as enjoyable in its own way.
    That episode with the Star Siblings sure looked like a backdoor pilot to me, but I've heard nothing about it. It just seems like there should be more.

I've enjoyed several animated series on Netflix... Disenchantment, and especially Hilda... though it's taking an insane amount of time to get season 2 out with that one. She-Ra put out five seasons and 52 episodes in the time it's taken between the first two seasons of Hilda, and it can't all be because of Covid.

That episode with the Star Siblings sure looked like a backdoor pilot to me, but I've heard nothing about it. It just seems like there should be more.

I've enjoyed several animated series on Netflix... Disenchantment, and especially Hilda... though it's taking an insane amount of time to get season 2 out with that one. She-Ra put out five seasons and 52 episodes in the time it's taken between the first two seasons of Hilda, and it can't all be because of Covid.
    And Disenchantment has barely put out 2 seasons in about that same time frame.

But yeah, Netflix has some pretty good animated series. Those ones, Kipo, Tales of Arcadia, etc.

With Hilda I think they ran into the Game of Thrones problem... they ran out of existing material to adapt and had to wait for more to be written.

ZZ Top: That little ol' Band from Texas. This is the Netflix equivalent of comfort food, I can watch this biography of Billy, Rusty and Frank anytime. Cool thing to have on at work.

I also started One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, I never seen it. Watching an older movie that was this successful at work isn't the same as sitting at home because you can instantly go into the wormhole on YT about who this guy was, what his films were, how so and so casted this actor and still trying to... work. Your working so one is already pulled from it but you're still discovering things about the production at the same time and of course it takes a couple sittings to get through it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.