Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Started watching the second season of the anime Hi Score Girls.

The video game kid in me is nearly dying from the naustalgia of it all.

I've just started watching Ozark. Only one episode in at the mo.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Finished S2 of Ozark. Before I do S3 I am thinking of doing either Ragnorak or The Kingdom. What think you all?

Also have S5 of Peaky Blinders towatch.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I ended up putting a pin in Ozark to watch Tiger King. I'm also working my way through The Clone Wars on Disney+.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Working with Supernatural. Admittedly, skipping certain episodes though. But ones where its more "down to earth" (so to speak), where the brothers just try and help the locals with whatever issue is plaguing them, are my favorite.

Also one of the few series to actually get the wendigo right (origins and such). Currently on season 7, and only moderately interested in the main plot of the Leviathans.

Some Lucifer. It's decent enough but the writing is sooo all over the place lol.

Curious about the last season though, wonder how they are going to wrap things up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    There are a BUNCH of El Chapo and Escobar docs and drama and even novellas lol, Chapo came after Pablo but there was some overlap. The production of the Narcos (Columbia) series is what is so dope to me personally. The guy that's the cop and the guy on the other side of the border (oh... the guy from the Ben Afleck Netflix movie about robbing a drug kingpin), acting is very good. The early days of the US involvement is pretty compelling. Good acting, good locales and as a period piece it's very solid. It drags at points but the high levels of government involvement is pretty compelling. As a dramatization I guess since there is footage of that period it's easier to clamp down a look but the pictures alone are worth a streaming watch. Let me know what you think.
    I tried EL Chapo the series. The acting was bad, the dubbing in German was even worse. Just a cheap production. I switched to Narcos Mexico...thats the quality I am used to....

Astonishing Member

The ULTRAMAN anime. It's strange. There's far more Ultraman in my life now than there was a year ago. Though, I have to admit it feels more like a combination of Spider-Man, Iron Man and Men in Black than Ultraman.

I'm also watching a Chinese drama titled The Legend of the White Snake. Probably because it's based on a Chinese folk tale and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Extraordinary Member

The Decline. Pretty good thriller.

Happy season 2.

Half way through The Kingdom S1. Glad I started watching.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Finished S2 of Ozark. Before I do S3 I am thinking of doing either Ragnorak or The Kingdom. What think you all?

Also have S5 of Peaky Blinders towatch.
    Both The Kingdom and Ragnorak I found enjoyable, but very different. I've heard Ragnorak described as a Scandinavian Smallville, and that's not far off, only it has a smaller budget, but is shorter and more tightly written. It ends on something of a cliff-hanger, though, which is annoying, but that said I watched season 1 twice and enjoyed it both times. I can see you're already watching s1 of The Kingdom. I'm a few episodes into s2 and it's still good.

S5 of Peaky Blinders still has good actors and production values, but by the end I thought it was perhaps the weakest of all the seasons.

S3 of Ozark is as good as the previous two seasons, imo. I'm totally hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I am now moved on to the Spanish thriller Money Heist, it's amazing. Has one I love the most plenty of strategy.
    A number of the same actors are also in Elite, which is a sort of Spanish Gossip Girl, only better written.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Half way through The Kingdom S1. Glad I started watching.
    That show gave me some serious chills.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Some Lucifer. It's decent enough but the writing is sooo all over the place lol.

Curious about the last season though, wonder how they are going to wrap things up.
    Lucifer's appeal is in the lead. (Well, that, and it's a sexy show starring people over 35). The stories are secondary.

Last I heard, the show was getting a season 6. (Don't know how everything now will affect that.) And before that there was discussion of putting him and Constantine on a show together.