Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I liked the ending. spoilers:
    It was the only way to stop all of it.
    end of spoilers
    I just thought what if the mailroom guy was at the party? lol

Only seen 3 episodes but I was enjoying Space Force. The episode with the Chimp and Husky had me cracking up the whole way through. I like the way Malkovich and Carrel play off each other.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-02-2020 at 12:20 AM.

I've just watched Jurassic World for the first time and I've been watching New Girl.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Finished watching the second season of Kipo, and the Age of Wonderbeasts yesterday. Another solid season, Netflix has produced some absolute gems of animation.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Watched both the Epstein documentary, as well as Dirty Money. Both are fascinating and are good ways to raise your blood pressure.

Ultimate Member

Let's see...Heartland, Republic of Doyle, Roswell New Mexico, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, One Piece, Fairy Tail, and such...

Extraordinary Member

Just finished watching Da 5 Bloods. A very powerful film definitely an Oscar contender with Oscar worthy performances. Delroy Lindo really shines in a complicated role.

Retired

I wonder, is Netflix becoming a generic like Kleenex, Xerox, Windex and Jell-O?

Adam Sandler movies that aren't Adam Sandler movies:

PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE (2002)
    SPANGLISH (2004)
    THE MEYEROWITZ STORIES (2017)
    MURDER MYSTERY (2019)
    UNCUT GEMS (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Just finished watching Da 5 Bloods. A very powerful film definitely an Oscar contender with Oscar worthy performances. Delroy Lindo really shines in a complicated role.
    I really liked it. Delroy Lindo chewed up every MF corner of frame he was in. Clark Peters was dope and my man 'Clay Davis' even got his signature line in the movie. I think I've seen 90% of Spike Lee movies but out of those 'Da 5 Bloods' had the most shooting action in it, cats was getting chopped down left and right when this movie goes left. My only thing about these larger Netflix productions from the more established filmmakers on some level is that there are Netflix conventions, mostly CGI that look the same in different movies. Exploding gunshots and CGI helicopter looked like that Ben Afleck and Charlie Hunan heist movie. Outside of that the Vietnam backdrop was great, you don't get Vietnam movies much anymore, especially from the angle of the Black soldiers. They definitely should have explored more of that.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I really liked it. Delroy Lindo chewed up every MF corner of frame he was in. Clark Peters was dope and my man 'Clay Davis' even got his signature line in the movie. I think I've seen 90% of Spike Lee movies but out of those 'Da 5 Bloods' had the most shooting action in it, cats was getting chopped down left and right when this movie goes left. My only thing about these larger Netflix productions from the more established filmmakers on some level is that there are Netflix conventions, mostly CGI that look the same in different movies. Exploding gunshots and CGI helicopter looked like that Ben Afleck and Charlie Hunan heist movie. Outside of that the Vietnam backdrop was great, you don't get Vietnam movies much anymore, especially from the angle of the Black soldiers. They definitely should have explored more of that.
    Yeah there was a lot of unexpected things that happened. Like Damn I didn't think they would get away scott free. But whoa! Definitely wasn't expecting all that. Like you said way more action than any Spike Lee film. He definitely showed his range as a Director. Agreed Lindo killed it.

Yeah I guess Netflix uses the same effects team for their bigger movies. But the production value was still pretty high.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-16-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

I started the show Curon.

Just finished, Waco. WOW!

Also finished, Space Force and my wife and I really enjoyed it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I'm currently 2 episodes into The Frankenstein Chronicles.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Yes. Yes I've 'burned' through 3 or 4 eps of The Floor Is Lava, I don't hate it. Actually in the television hierarchy of obstacle course shows, it's pretty high up there, the top being the Japanese Ninja Warrior. Even though I was a little kid, I go back to Battle of the Network Stars so I'm not new to this. Early on my 3 year old was not 100% on board, I feel 5% of her wondered even though she sees the people at the end if that's not really lava. Good thing about it is there are no stinkin' commercial breaks that begin as soon as someone takes a jump. You put this on network and it's a hard pass oddly enough.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Churning through the 4th season of Supergirl which is pretty OK.
    Looking forward to the 3rd season of Dark which is an awesome show. That should be dropping sometime this week .
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe