Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You know one thing I really wish Netflix would do? Put all their stand up comic specials into just ONE category and not have them listed in every other category. I get it that they want to push the stand up specials but I hate when I ma looking for something in a TV category and have to wade through 20 stand up specials to even hit real TV shows.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Got a friend that doesn't care for pro wrestling into Lucha Underground. Been doing four or five episodes each week since.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Looks like the MCU is one less thing we'll get on Netflilx... Dammitt.

Disney might run the happiest place on Earth. But it's not so cheerful for Netflix.

Disney has decided it wants to create its own internet services built around its ESPN and Disney entertainment brands. As a result, Disney said it would stop making its newly released movies available to stream on Netflix beginning in 2019.

That means Netflix Inc. has roughly 18 months to figure out how to replace fresh Disney and Pixar movies, which are popular draws for its subscribers. A Netflix executive has said movies from Disney and other companies are responsible for roughly 30 percent of Netflix viewing in the U.S. (Disney movies are available on Netflix only in the U.S. and Canada.) Netflix shares dropped about 2.5 percent in after-hours trading on Tuesday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...etflix-s-heart
    I also noticed at the first of the Month all the old JLU, The Batman, Young Justice S1 and S2 are all gone from Netflix. I would guess for the new DC streaming option that is going to start where Young Justice S3 will air. This **** is getting to be hardball now. Sooner or later after 4 streaming options including the Sling I'll nearly be at 150 a month with the high speed internet... /Every time I try to leave they pull me back in.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

At least you have DC on Netflix, over here in the UK Amazon Prime pretty much grabbed everything and only Gotham is on Netflix UK (outside of IZombie anyway).

I really hope Netflix and Marvel get to keep their shows going, I'd be annoyed if I have to start running around multiple subs to watch everything. Also not sure how the mess with Star Trek Discovery is going to end.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I hardly think it's a good business move for Disney to put itself in direct competition with Netflix. I think people are getting tired of being asked to fork over yet another double-digit monthly payment for every single show they want to watch. People don't have unlimited amounts of cash to throw at entertainment. I certainly wouldn't even consider subscribing to this, even though I like quite a bit of Disney stuff.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As more and more groups start their own streaming services Netflix is going to be in more and more trouble. Without sources to pull from that means Netflix has to make up more and more of their own programing which costs them more and more money which cuts into their profits. It is going to get to the point where EVERYONE will have their own streaming service and to get what you want to watch it will cost you more than sattelite and cable to subscribe to everything.

All the streaming services should collaborate on a "Golden Pass" program or something where you pay one monthly fee and get access to all the services, for a moderate discount on what you would pay to subscribe to them all individually. It's too much to keep track of, if everybody is going to be striking out on their own.

Netflix is getting to the point with their original programming that they could remain profitable even with only that.

I think Disney will just go ahead and buy Netflix at some point.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Netflix biggest strength is definitely its original programming, no one other streaming service has quite reached the success of the majority of Netflix's original shows, movies, documentaries and stand up material. They still have their partnership with Dreamworks to stream series based on their properties like All Hail King Julian and Puss in Boots, both of which I quite enjoy even as a grown up. And stuff like House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, GLOW, Nacros and Stranger Things has solidified that further. That said if it was ALL original programming I think it would lose some of the appeal I can get with catching up with old shows or trying something I missed at the time.

Right now the main things as a Netflix UK user I wish I had is DC shows like Arrow, Flash and Supergirl, and maybe some of the HBO stuff (which currently over here Sky holds monopoly over). A Golden pass program would be a great idea, though.

Just finished binging Parks and Rec and before that it was One Tree Hill. I also just watched the Matrix and the Matrix Reloaded. Finishing up Matrix Revolution. My god is it awful

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm currently watching "Run". I'm only on episode 4, but it's very good so far.

*edited* Meant "Run", not race. Not sure why I was thinking that. Anyway, pretty good series.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 08-10-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

VanHelsing on episode 3 not sure what to make of it yet.

Not Netflix but I'm binging Seinfeld on Hulu.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Just finished binging Parks and Rec and before that it was One Tree Hill. I also just watched the Matrix and the Matrix Reloaded. Finishing up Matrix Revolution. My god is it awful
    I wish I'd known in advance not to watch the Matrix sequels. Their badness leaks back and taints the original for me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I wish I'd known in advance not to watch the Matrix sequels. Their badness leaks back and taints the original for me, too.
    I wasnt even that impressed with the first one. The orgy rave in The second was a huge turn off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I wasnt even that impressed with the first one. The orgy rave in The second was a huge turn off for me.
    The first one wouldn't be as impressive for someone watching it today for the first time as it was in 1999.

It's my favorite movie in the cyberpunk genre except for Blade Runner. (Slightly ahead of The Fifth Element.)