Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Everytime Dr Psychopath says Cu*t I fall over laughing and i don't know why. Love the show everyone makes me laugh but gets me the hardest.
    Oh yes, Tony Hale as Dr. Psycho is great, (the show has a fantastic voice cast) I love the sarcasm he throws at the rest of the crew.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Well, i finally decided to watch Squid Game and i must say that it quite deserves its popularity.

And its short, which is cool. I have less and less patience for storylines who go on for way too long i noticed, may that be concerning tv shows or books.

The last episode is a bit on the weak side in my awesome opinion but, yeah, definitly worth the watch.

So, the funniest of the Chappelle Netflix shows for me was Age of Spin, with the four times he met OJ and rapes but he saves bits. From a pure joke standpoint that's still the sickest one, it's the top to me.

I did enjoy The Closer. It wasn't the straight up funniest of all the Netflix specials but it had it's moments. He can always tell a story and hook you. This one started off kinda lame tbh. There are always super blue parts of everything he does and so that along with the pussy jokes made it pretty harsh, comparatively speaking to the rest but it ended way better than it started. Closer is closer to Equinimity/Bird Revelation, although there's nothing here like the whole kneeling joke at the Superbowl, which is damn near my favorite part of all the specials. It won't be one I go back to as much as the others but I dug it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, i finally decided to watch Squid Game and i must say that it quite deserves its popularity.

And its short, which is cool. I have less and less patience for storylines who go on for way too long i noticed, may that be concerning tv shows or books.

The last episode is a bit on the weak side in my awesome opinion but, yeah, definitly worth the watch.

It's definitely a solid series. I made the mistake of watching it with English dubbing, I'm doing a re-watch with subtitles and it's so much better (The English dubbing made the acting come across as cheesy).

Squid Game had a basic premise, but filled it with interesting sub-plots and storytelling, good characterization, and some solid twists. The only twist I thought was predictable was the cop's brother.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 10-11-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Just started "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina." I like it so far, but I have to admit it's weird and kind of funny to see something so dark come from something I remember as a Saturday morning cartoon. They're straight-up Satan worshipers in this.

Ultimate Member

Haven't watched it, I prefer the old live action version of the show anyway, that came before the animated version...

Incredible Member

Just finished Midnight Mass and found it to be very good. It is very slow but it builds towards a climax and at some point goes batshit crazy. There is a lot of discussion between characters on matters of faith, life and death etc. and I was very surprised that the kind of long-windedness didn't bother me at all.

I found it interesting and also refreshing that in scenes where you would expect any other show to cut away to keep up the pace, we deliberately stay with characters and their conversations. Even when the conversations went on for a long time, this didn't bother me. Except for one instance at the very end, which gave me a bit or the Return of the King vibe where you think that's it and then the person just speaks on. And again and again

I had no idea what it was about when I went into it and I really enjoyed it. It's been a while that my wife and I watched something together in almost absolute quiet (i.e. not commenting to each other) and not looking at our phones when messages came in etc. That was nice.

I hear the same guy did The Haunting of Hill House, which has excellent reviews so I will have a look at that next.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Just watched the penultimate episode of Only Murders in the Building. If this was bingeable, I would’ve done it. The wait between episodes has been tough the past few weeks.

I was happy to see that the character I knew was sketchy when they first appeared is, well, sketchy. I guess most of them are, but felt good to get that one right because I didn’t see anyone else call it. Didn’t think much of Jane Lynch’s deal, felt like they just wanted her in the show.

Just added Netflix. Used it to finish up House of Cards US.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Just added Netflix. Used it to finish up House of Cards US.
    I actually just dropped Netflix. Have it through the end of the month but I found I wasn’t watching much, so giving it a break. Can’t decide if I want to try HBO Max or not.

I’m basically trying to come up with my streaming plan, but I was without Netflix for awhile and there feels like there’s a lot there that I want to watch. It already came in handy once, so I figured I’d keep it on permanently, unless I end up making it through everything. I’m probably going to subscribe to HBO Max once every 3 or 4 months or so. It makes sense to me to do it this way, but I’m not entirely convinced just yet.

I bought a new iMac so got 3 months of Apple TV+ with that. So far, I've watched one episode of The Morning Show. It was good. A little predictable but entertaining. We'll see if I make it through two seasons.

Have to watch Ted Lasso, obviously. Not sure what else is on there, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I bought a new iMac so got 3 months of Apple TV+ with that. So far, I've watched one episode of The Morning Show. It was good. A little predictable but entertaining. We'll see if I make it through two seasons.

Have to watch Ted Lasso, obviously. Not sure what else is on there, yet.
    Mythic Quest is great too

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I watched the first episode of "Inside Job." It was OK, good enough to earn the second episode, but not great yet. The lead characters are just a bit too whiny to be very funny.

Up to date on Young Justice!