Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

I've given up on Marvel Netflix except season 1 of Daredevil but currently i'm watching The Crown, Star Trek:TNG, iZombies and House of Cards during my breaks

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Thanks, I'll consider giving both of those movies a watch then. And oh god yes, In The Name Of The King was that awful fantasy movie directed by Uwe Boll, wasn't it? Definitely didn't mean that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Thanks, I'll consider giving both of those movies a watch then. And oh god yes, In The Name Of The King was that awful fantasy movie directed by Uwe Boll, wasn't it? Definitely didn't mean that one.
    Yea it trys to be this slow burn noir film. Director doesnt really pull it off but the actors are still worth the watch. Oh and Black Panther punks Malfoy in it so thats always nice

At the moment, The Expanse Season 2, just started and it's pretty awesome. Also Narcos Season 3. Both at a fairly slow pace.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    BBC's Luther series 4. Its a good detective show to me but I'm not sure how they would remake for the states since it burns through its plots pretty fast. But since Luther is a "cowboy cop" that plays by his own rules I think there is a ton more stories you could tell with him.

He's the only dirty cop you'd root for after all.
    "Luthor" to me is similar to "Sherlock" in that there's no point in re-making it without the main actor. With a different lead, it'd be a different show, like how "Elementary" is totally different from "Sherlock."

American tv already had its Luthor in my mind - Vic Mackie from "The Shield."

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I watched the first 2 episodes of Stranger Things. It's good, but kind of predictable so far... not sure what everyone is raving about. Still, I will watch the rest. I like the Goonies-meet-X-Files vibe.

BANNED

"Ken Burns Presents: The West"

It's a documentary about the American Old West. I'm really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    "Ken Burns Presents: The West"

It's a documentary about the American Old West. I'm really enjoying it.
    Yeah I've been watching the Civil War one he did a few years earlier, as an Englishman who never studied the Civil War significantly even as a history student it's interesting learning all the ins and outs of the conflicts between Union and Confederate over that period. I suspect the Old West documentary will be next on my list when that's done. He's also done some for the Pacific Campaign of WW2 and the Roosevelts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah I've been watching the Civil War one he did a few years earlier, as an Englishman who never studied the Civil War significantly even as a history student it's interesting learning all the ins and outs of the conflicts between Union and Confederate over that period. I suspect the Old West documentary will be next on my list when that's done. He's also done some for the Pacific Campaign of WW2 and the Roosevelts.
    I'm also watching his Civil War documentary. They taught us this stuff non-stop growing up but I never retained it.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States

The Walking Dead - Season 7. Just finished watching all of it, actually.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Just finished Bojack Horseman's fourth season, another great series and despite some dark and depressing things happening, it was nice to get a surprisingly slightly optimistic ending for once with Bojack, even if he has lost a lot too.

Astonishing Member

I find I watch a lot of kids' shows, despite the fact that I don't have kids. Troll Hunters is one I watch. I've also been watching R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour because I'm a sucker for kids' horror anthology shows for some reason.

American Vandal was excellent.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Cartel Land

I wanted to watch it after seeing some Los Zetas cartel executions on the internet. Chainsaw beheadings and people's faces being peeled off. Scary stuff.