Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Punisher episode 11.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I never did make it through season 9.
    The show is basically like comfort food for me. I like the chemistry of the cast.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    The show is basically like comfort food for me. I like the chemistry of the cast.
    Oddly Smallville is like that for me. I always go back and rewatch the series

So I just started the Punisher (ep5), I like it so far. I like Micro. It takes me forever to get through any of these series, time and circumstance. I start a lot of Netflix shows and have yet finish anything but the Marvel stuff. Is it me or is there just a preponderance of El Chappo and drug cartel related ****? Fictionalized and non fictional drug docs and dramas are deep in menus.

Does anybody go back and watch the same 3 or 4 things? I always worry they'll take off some of the things I keep on my list just because I can always fall back on some of those things. Hip-Hop Evolution, The Eagles doc and Runnin Down a Dream I can watch anytime.

Anyhow, Bright. I think I'm gonna be on this when it drops. Good thing it coming out on a holiday weekend I may have a chance to sit through it all. Will Smith has been whatever to me for a long time now but the trailers of this look pretty dope.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Just watched the series finale of Longmire. Now it's just GLOW and Supergirl reruns.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Finished off The Crown season 2. Not as good as season 1, but still a very entertaining show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Finished off The Crown season 2. Not as good as season 1, but still a very entertaining show.
    I finished The Crown Series 2 yesterday and my sentiments are the same as yours.

I'm now watching Peaky Blinders.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    So I just started the Punisher (ep5), I like it so far. I like Micro. It takes me forever to get through any of these series, time and circumstance. I start a lot of Netflix shows and have yet finish anything but the Marvel stuff. Is it me or is there just a preponderance of El Chappo and drug cartel related ****? Fictionalized and non fictional drug docs and dramas are deep in menus.

Does anybody go back and watch the same 3 or 4 things? I always worry they'll take off some of the things I keep on my list just because I can always fall back on some of those things. Hip-Hop Evolution, The Eagles doc and Runnin Down a Dream I can watch anytime.

Anyhow, Bright. I think I'm gonna be on this when it drops. Good thing it coming out on a holiday weekend I may have a chance to sit through it all. Will Smith has been whatever to me for a long time now but the trailers of this look pretty dope.
    On netflix i go back to LC/DD s1 and 2 alot when i have nothing.
    When i need to go to sleep i put on Unsealed UFO files or Bigoot docs. That nonsense always helps me sleep.

Its not netflix so it dont count but i watch smallville on Hulu all the time. Before that id bust out the DvDs and watxh the whole series atleast twice a year since it ended. I skip some Episodes though.

Training day with Orks,Elves, and will smith. The netflix price raise it worth it just for that. Only thing that could get me more jacked is if Denzel was in it calling everyone "My Ni**a". Lol seriously training day is one of my all time Faves and Denzel in that movie gave me favorite performance in a movie ever. David Ayer wrote Training day and did he write and direct Bright aswell ?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-20-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Niffleheim

Netflix's Mindhunters and Discovery's Manhunt:Unabomber. Even though i found the protagonists unlikable i still ended up loving the story and the shows (i hope both continues in some form)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oddly Smallville is like that for me. I always go back and rewatch the series
    Nice. One of the things that bugs me a little about some of those early CW shows is that they were standard definition. Right now, I am watching Angel. I started with the first episode of season 3 and I'm up to season 5 now. I love how the cast gets along, but it bothers me that the show wasn't filmed in HD.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Professional Cat Lover OhnoHero!'s Avatar

Red face

The Punisher's arguably one of my favorite pieces of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it's probably the best darn thing I've seen on Netflix.

I just finished up bingeing this series, and I'm in serious need of another season ASAP. The show's been given the green light already for a second season, and with such a positive response worldwide, I'm stoked. I was iffy at first. I'll admit to watching maybe one or two episodes of TWD, so I wasn't very aware or caring of Jon Bernthal. It wasn't until I sat down, paid attention, and watched this glorious bloodbath of a series in one sitting that I had the thought "he's real good". I'm actually in the process of rewatching it with my dad, who was a big collecter of Punisher right around when he came out. Ironically enough he's not a big fan of Spiderman, but in his early stages, he didn't care as long as it had the anti-hero himself in it.

Micro's character being rewritten is a blast too. His comic counterpart fit the generic "Hacker slob" attitude that I couldn't stand. I prefer this so much better, I felt he was the best support character of all.

A big problem I had going in was knowing this Frank Castle debuted back in The Daredevil series, and that this series took place a year after DD. I hadn't watched DD, so I expected the worse. Luckily, Karen was really the only character who had the "you should know who I am" sorta mood to her, but with her barely being in it and it being explained later on, it didn't hinder the experience. In fact I'm sort of inclined to go and watch DD now.

I even liked the somewhat boring characters. Officer Madonni was one I couldn't stand. She felt at first like Carlos or any other supporting character in Ash v. Evil Dead; wasn't needed there. After I'd say around Episode 6, I really enjoyed her story and she fell right into the thread of the show perfectly. The villians are super cool as well, they're all rewritten to have origins in this series rather than taking a villain from Daredevil or The Defenders and dropping them off into Frank's arch of the Netflix Universe. Though if you're a long time reader of The Punisher, you may recognize some familar faces or aliases used by characters.
    Last edited by OhnoHero!; 12-20-2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Picture was too darn big.

I'm counting down the days until Black Mirror Season 4 is released

I also binge-watched every Marvel series (except Iron Fist-the only one I didn't finish).

When my one year old son is in the room I watch relaxing things like Luxury Travel Show, documentaries, or
    Moana for the 3000th time.

When he isn't in the room I tend to watch the B or C-movie horror anthologies like ABC's of Death or Holidays.

Bright. I only got to watch half b4 i had to leave for work but im having fun so far. Its clearly nowhere near as good as Training Day but i still like it. The world they are creating i find very interesting. So i dont agree with the critics but i also dont think its amazing. But fun so far cant wait to finish it

Retired

THE CROWN in the second season wasn't trying to tell a lot of happy stories. But that's history for you. And I thought it had a lot more weight as a result. But there isn't any character who I can really like. The Queen only seems better because next to the rest of them she is better, but her savage desire to kill animals for sport says something about her. And it's something that Peter Morgan also focused on in THE QUEEN--so he seems to think this is an important detail about her character.

I like the series because it offers a new perspective on recent history. I just wish they had shown the Beatles. And while I like Olivia Colman's acting, I'm not ready to give up Claire Foy just yet. The Queen was quite beautiful in the '60s and Foy could easily play her for another season. Matt Smith does an okay job--but he looks like Odo on DS9. I think it will be weird to give up these actors for a whole new set, since one of the great things about THE CROWN is how it can hop around in time with the same actors.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I've,been binge watching Star Trek Deep Space 9 episodes in my free time.
    Same here because along with Voyager and Enterprise I missed more shows than I saw of all 3. Nice to be able to watch them back to back. I start with Enterprise then DS9 then Voyager. Highs and Lows with all 3 from episode to episode but still a lot of fun.