Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    A book that I really enjoyed at the time, and thought had huge potential with the backstory and the sheer number of characters and their links to various aspects of the MU was Blackwulf.
    Attachment 50700
    They haven't been seen since the series ended, unless you count a reference during Civil War, but it was not an actual appearance.
    I loved Blackwulf's weapon. All that Kirby Krackle! ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Invincible Member

the recently cancelled Black Widow series

the current Hawkeye series

Captain Britain and MI:!3
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man was incredible and often overlooked. It's why Eric O'Grady is "my" Ant-Man.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Ultimate Member

X-Men 2099 was amazing. I loved the team more than most regular X-Men lineups. Krystalin, Meanstreak, Xian Chi Xan/Desert Ghost and La Lunatica were all favorites, but I also liked Bloodhawk and Metalhead. The art was amazing. The writing and creativity was fun and new, with a whole new setting to explore. And it had memorable side-characters and villains, like Brimstone Love, Halloween Jack and, of course, Dr. Doom!

From the New Universe era, Psi-Force, DP 7 and (not New Universe, but released around the same time) Strikeforce Morituri were all fun reads, although all three of them seemed to have a certain amount of story in them, and then kind of meandered in quality, IMO, after a few years.

If we can talk about recent books -- I thought Red Wolf was excellent, and it must have been underrated because it was cancelled pretty quickly.

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man was incredible and often overlooked. It's why Eric O'Grady is "my" Ant-Man.
    Then I hope that you've enjoyed his recent involvements within the SECRET EMPIRE Event/Miniseries (and as one of HydraCap's Avengers, no less).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    A book that I really enjoyed at the time, and thought had huge potential with the backstory and the sheer number of characters and their links to various aspects of the MU was Blackwulf.

Attachment 50700

They haven't been seen since the series ended, unless you count a reference during Civil War, but it was not an actual appearance.
    lol I remember that. I remember their main grab was something like "If the main character was killed in the first issue, what will happen next?"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    the current Hawkeye series
    This book's primary problem is that it's not Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye. It is, however, almost as good. And it's a close almost. This series is like Wilt Chamberlain scoring only 93 points and not a 100. I'm with you on underrated and underappreciated.

Captain Britain and MI3.

The last Hercules run. Dan Abnett I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I forgot about the Twilight of a God mini series. I never knew about the Marvel Comics Presents stuff. Marvel should really put the whole thing into one big trade.
    There were two hardcovers a few years back- Prince of Power and Full Circle- that reprint the original mini, the graphic novel and the MCP stuff.

The Hellstorm series from the mid 1990s gets my vote. Fantastic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    There was a to of flak directed at Remender's Frankencastle, but "shockingly" for comics it was not a permanent change and I loved the run.
    I thought it was awesome too! It was a great idea to combine Frank with the Frankenstein Monster folklore. I remember the outrage. Lol. It was clear from the start that it would only be temporary but it was something fresh and different. Frankencastle became the unofficial leader of the Legion of Monsters.

Fantastic Member

I liked the couple Thunderstrike issues I read, as well as the issue where Iron Man fought Mr. Hyde and ran into a ton of obstacles trying to defuse a bomb only to learn HE was the bomb. Titania and the Absorbing Man's wedding was fun, too.

double post
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

D.P.7, which reminds me of the X-Men, but with a more consistent, varied, and just an all more approachable way in chronicling how the world reacts to and treats people that suddenly gain supernatural powers and vice versa.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-19-2019 at 01:18 AM.