Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Superman robots, visits form the New Gods of New Genesis, outlandish super feats, Intergang's connection with Apokalips, The Superman Dynasty, The Legion, The original Superboy, Lucy Lane and Jimmy Olsen as a couple, Batman and Superman as close friends.

Clark Kent's Daily Planet supporting cast and work life.

People always say that the old Spider-Man comics separated themselves from DC because of the everyman troubles Peter Parker had. While this is true, Superman comics weren't far behind in that department. In fact, I think no other character in DC at the time had more character development than Clark Kent. He probably spent more time as Clark Kent than Superman in those old comics. I miss the days of the newsroom politics, with him going from a lowly journalist to an editor, to a hotshot news broadcaster on TV. And him quitting the Daily Planet, going over to the rival WGBS news and working for the greedy Morgan Edge. Those were great. Of course, casual readers wouldn't know any of this stuff.

BANNED

A status quo that isn't upset by stupid events every half year or so.

Okay, not really a Superman-specific want, but a big one for me anyway.

BANNED

I wish DC would bring back some of the oddballs like Magpie from John Byrne's Superman Man of Steel series.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Superman robots, visits form the New Gods of New Genesis, outlandish super feats, Intergang's connection with Apokalips, The Superman Dynasty, The Legion, The original Superboy, Lucy Lane and Jimmy Olsen as a couple, Batman and Superman as close friends.
    Allll thissss. (10 characters)

I really, really liked the "Supermen of America" team concept. Not just because it had Livewire as a good guy, but because it makes sense for Superman to want to recruit people to help him make the world a better place.

Extraordinary Member

The 'Supermen of America' concept as introduced in 1999, when Luthor tried to capitalize on the Superman brand by creating his own force of do-gooders and team of super-powered vigilantes, was very interesting and the characters could have branched out after leaving Luthor.

The Planet cast and MCU cast.

Linda Danvers and the Leesburg cast need to come back.

Retired

The Supermen of America was a Superman fan club launched by the publisher in the 1940s. It was a highly successful club where you got an official membership certificate and lots of goodies. I've always been envious of those fans.

I am a charter member of the DC Superman Club--a fan club begun in the late '70s/early '80s, but that didn't last. I got my cerificate of membership, a newsletter and a few other items from DC--with the possibility of more fan club chapters for other DC characters. But that's all she wrote. I never got anymore stuff from the fan club, because it never got beyond those early stages.

So I would fully support a new fan club. The Supermen of America would be a nice call back to the original--I just worry as a Canadian I wouldn't qualify for membership.

Retired

I miss how SUPERMAN No. 200 (October '67) gave Canada its own super-hero, Hyperman, to celebrate our 100th anniversary. Yet nothing from DC to celebrate our 150th birthday, today. However, maybe there's hope. That issue came out on August 3rd, 1967--so even then Mort Weisinger was a month late to celebrate our special birthday on July 1st, Dominion Day in 1967, what we now call Canada Day. So maybe I shouldn't be so depressed that Canada Day is going unacknowledged by DC--maybe they'll just get around to it in a month.

Meanwhile, me and my friend Hyperman will salute our nation's birthday with pride.