Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poorzero View Post
    interesting perspective, mets !!

also, i do think its worth nothing that moore is hardly a liberal, & more of a very passionate marxist anarcho-communist who literally uses his WATCHMEN monies to pay for a group of anarchists to run his own marijuana compound for him XD his radical politics could indeed work against him in this, even among more leftist critics circles. i'm with mets, tho. i do not think that they play a role, unlike frank miller where his relatively conservative right-wing beliefs seem to have changed people's entrie perceptions of his incredible body of work. but that's divisive two-party politics for you !

and yes, it is a shame moore is so bitter about the industry and chooses to take this out on creators & their works and not the companies who screwed him over. but c'est la vie. the man his happy to write his prose.
    Wait, did you just Alan Moore has his own Marijuana Compound?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Wait, did you just Alan Moore has his own Marijuana Compound?
    i've never been myself, mind you ... word on the street. there's some warren ellis & alan moore interviews on youtube where they talk about it, and ellis once told a story about it at a con i went to. i think moore smokes something like forty spliffs a day.
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN / PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN / BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER / RENEW YOUR VOWS / SPIDER-MAN / SPIDER-GWEN / VENOM / GWENPOOL, THE UNBELIEVABLE / X-MEN GOLD / X-MEN BLUE / ASTONISHING X-MEN / GENERATION X / WEAPON X / JEAN GREY / ICEMAN / ALL-NEW WOLVERINE / OLD MAN LOGAN / CABLE / ARCHIE / BETTY & VERONICA / JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS / JUGHEAD / RIVERDALE / SABRINA

🖤🖤 read my MARVEL fan fiction 🖤🖤 read my weekly MARVEL reviews 🖤🖤

Underrated
    Andy Clarke
    People praise artists like George Perez, Ethan Van Sciver, and Phil Jimenez for their detailed artwork, Andy Clarke puts more detail into his panels than the 3 of these artists combined

Geof Darrow
    Sort of like Frank Quitely but a little better.

Overrated
    Warren Ellis
    While I can enjoy some of his works, such as the excellent Transmetropolitan, and Ministry of Space, which was pretty good, and at whilst least Ellis has a distinctive writing style, I consider that writing style pretty bland and uninteresting, as well as the majority of the books he's written.

Quote Originally Posted by poorzero View Post
    i've never been myself, mind you ... word on the street. there's some warren ellis & alan moore interviews on youtube where they talk about it, and ellis once told a story about it at a con i went to. i think moore smokes something like forty spliffs a day.
    That's something I hadn't heard before. Very interesting.

It probably isn't going to hurt his reputation in the comics industry.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's something I hadn't heard before. Very interesting.

It probably isn't going to hurt his reputation in the comics industry.
    Umm... speaking of Alan Moore... and this is a dumb question, and it's probably not the case but is your avatar a Lego Alan Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Umm... speaking of Alan Moore... and this is a dumb question, and it's probably not the case but is your avatar a Lego Alan Moore?
    That's what it's an avatar of.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Going more old school here, but I feel that Munson Paddock's work on Speed Comics (1940), while brief, is definitely deserving of more recognition.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think many of today's fans overlook Steve Gerber and Don McGregor. Although they both had flaws, they helped push comics further a little bit.
    Gerber had a vicious streak; he really enjoyed writing about a woman having her face burned off. He believed she deserved it because she was afraid to go against her abusive husband.