View Poll Results: ALL-FEMALE JUSTICE LEAGUE--VOTE!

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • BATGIRL

38 16.67%
  • BATWOMAN

68 29.82%
  • BLACK CANARY

143 62.72%
  • DOCTOR LIGHT

65 28.51%
  • FIRE

51 22.37%
  • GREEN LANTERN JESSICA CRUZ

109 47.81%
  • HAWKWOMAN

122 53.51%
  • ICE

47 20.61%
  • JESSE QUICK

72 31.58%
  • MERA

147 64.47%
  • STARFIRE

57 25.00%
  • SUPERGIRL

95 41.67%
  • VIXEN

132 57.89%
  • WONDER WOMAN

190 83.33%
  • ZATANNA

161 70.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

So the clear leaders are:

- Wonder Woman
    - Zatanna
    - Mera
    - Black Canary
    - Vixen
    - Green Lantern Jessica Cruz
    - Hawkwoman

I am so surprised that Kimiyo has not placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I don't see how you can have a Justice League without a Bat person and a Super person in it.
    I think from a business perspective it's a risk. But we've had several versions of the League without Clark and/or Bruce and they did well enough.

Since Morrison's run back in the 90's, its been assumed that the Big 7 (or some/most of them) have to be members of the League but that's not always been the case.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The core members
    Wonder Woman
    Supergirl
    Batgirl

Supporting members
    Mera
    Zatanna
    Hawkgirl
    Vixen
    Just replace Supergirl and Batgirl with Jessica Cruz and Hawkwoman and you have a wining line-up filled with diverse personalities and powersets!

Diana and Dinah already fill the role that a Super/Bat family member would bring to the table so I'd prefer to keep Kara and Babs off the team.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

My Picks
    Batwoman
    Black Canary
    Hawkwoman
    Green Lantern Jessica Cruz
    Mera
    Vixen
    Zatanna

Poll Picks
    Wonder Woman
    Black Canary
    Hawkwoman
    Green Lantern Jessica Cruz
    Mera
    Vixen
    Zatanna

- I finished picking mine and noticed, "Wow! I came really close to picking the same ladies as the poll favorites!" Scroll, scroll, scroll, Oh! Someone beat me to it. 'Copy and Paste'. Just one character off. I chose Batwoman instead of Wonder Woman. There are too many good choices and I wouldn't be mad about other women making appearances.

I love that the answer to the poll is pretty much DC bombshells

That would be a solid line-up! Hopefully we get with either DC Bombshells or DC Super Hero Girls!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Black canary
    doctor light
    fire
    ice
    jesse quick
    mera
    vixen

Voted for:

- Batwoman
    - Black Canary
    - Jessica Cruz
    - Mera
    - Starfire
    - Wonder Woman
    - Zatanna
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

So the poll is closed and all, but something crossed my mind the other night I wanted to drop here. It's the sort of terrible idea that's so bad it might actually work, if put in the right hands.

We talked a little about how the winning lineup doesnt have a Super or a Bat, and how that's sort of a dangerous thing to do from a business perspective.

But there is a female character out there who is crazy popular and pulls in a lot of readers, who might be able to balance the risk-reward ratio that not having a Super/Bat brings. And putting this character in the League, a team she's never been a part of, would generate a lot of hype. A lot of negative hype in places like this, but probably not as much among the wider community. And characters like this female have been used in various Leagues over the years, so there's something of a precedent for it too.

Harley Quinn.

Yeah, I know, this forum hates her and she has no place in the League (she's a villain, after all!) but she wouldnt be the first villain in the League, and her solo book has been bending her towards anti-hero status for years anyway. She's teamed up with Hal, Diana, Zatanna, Power Girl, and Superman, and helped all of them save the day in her own weird way.

If Deadpool can be an Avenger, Harley can be a Leaguer and help increase sales.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I went with:

Wonder Woman
    Batwoman
    Black Canary
    Vixen
    Mera
    Hawkwoman
    Doctor Light

Light is my darkhorse pick. I picked her over a female Lantern just to get a good but underused character some exposure. I would have also wanted to pick Element Woman if she were on the poll. I left out a Super character but I really don't think its that big a deal in the scheme of things. Supergirl, while I think she's portrayed as too young right now, I ideally think fits more in a Titans setting in regards to age (Titans singular, not Teen)
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-25-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would have also wanted to pick Element Woman if she were on the poll.
    Element Woman is a fun character, and would definitely bring more to an all lady League than just 'we need a woman version of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern!'

I mean if all that mattered was versions of the big 7 with boobs, the team would be Supergirl, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Jessica Cruz, Jesse Quick, Mera and Miss Martian.

Characters like Vixen, Big Barda, Fire, Ice and Element Woman add something a little more unique than Crazy Batlady #37.

Wonder Woman
    Star Sapphire
    Hawkwoman
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    Black Canary
    Ya'Wara

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So the poll is closed and all, but something crossed my mind the other night I wanted to drop here. It's the sort of terrible idea that's so bad it might actually work, if put in the right hands.

We talked a little about how the winning lineup doesnt have a Super or a Bat, and how that's sort of a dangerous thing to do from a business perspective.

But there is a female character out there who is crazy popular and pulls in a lot of readers, who might be able to balance the risk-reward ratio that not having a Super/Bat brings. And putting this character in the League, a team she's never been a part of, would generate a lot of hype. A lot of negative hype in places like this, but probably not as much among the wider community. And characters like this female have been used in various Leagues over the years, so there's something of a precedent for it too.

Harley Quinn.

Yeah, I know, this forum hates her and she has no place in the League (she's a villain, after all!) but she wouldnt be the first villain in the League, and her solo book has been bending her towards anti-hero status for years anyway. She's teamed up with Hal, Diana, Zatanna, Power Girl, and Superman, and helped all of them save the day in her own weird way.

Harley actually wouldn't be a bad choice as her classic self really was at her heart good (if Joker obsessed) and could be a fun asset. It's her modern self that's, I don't know. Weird. And honestly not someone you'd be able to trust in a team setting unless your name is Poison Ivy (and not always even then).

DC needs to stick with a specific motivation for her as even Deadpool isn't "Lol completely random thing done with a slight explanation that'll be contradicted pretty quickly.", at least he isn't that so much more and it's made him a far more usable character for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Harley Quinn.

Before the Wonder Woman movie I might have agreed but I think we have enough evidence that DC can rely on more than just the Batman and Superman franchises. Hell, they proved that years ago with Static Shock