View Poll Results: ALL-FEMALE JUSTICE LEAGUE--VOTE!

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • BATGIRL

38 16.67%
  • BATWOMAN

68 29.82%
  • BLACK CANARY

143 62.72%
  • DOCTOR LIGHT

65 28.51%
  • FIRE

51 22.37%
  • GREEN LANTERN JESSICA CRUZ

109 47.81%
  • HAWKWOMAN

122 53.51%
  • ICE

47 20.61%
  • JESSE QUICK

72 31.58%
  • MERA

147 64.47%
  • STARFIRE

57 25.00%
  • SUPERGIRL

95 41.67%
  • VIXEN

132 57.89%
  • WONDER WOMAN

190 83.33%
  • ZATANNA

161 70.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has Batgirl ever been on a Justice League team before? Cassandra Cain was on Justice League Elite. Babs as Oracle has been a
    Member.

The others you mentioned are JLA veterans. And even Batwoman was on the James Robinson JLA spin-off.

But no Batgirl.
    She’s not really the first Bat character most would turn to when filling out a JL roster. Batman, Nightwing and maybe even Batwoman in some circumstances probably beat her out. She struggles with that “what does she do that another character doesn’t do better?” problem.

I guess we can assume that Diana will be the leader. I would also think that Black Canary would make a great second-in-command/task master.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I guess we can assume that Diana will be the leader. I would also think that Black Canary would make a great second-in-command/task master.
    Diana is a great inspiring leader, but Canary seems better at tactical planning and stuff. They seem like they'd very much take on the Superman and Batman roles, respectively, even if neither of them would love that comparison.

Extraordinary Member

Who would be the smart woman of the team? Tech genius, scientist, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Diana is a great inspiring leader, but Canary seems better at tactical planning and stuff. They seem like they'd very much take on the Superman and Batman roles, respectively, even if neither of them would love that comparison.
    True...

Superman- Wonder Woman
    Batman-Black Canary
    Green Lantern-GL/Jessica Cruz
    Aquaman-Mera
    Flash-Zatana/Hawkwoman
    Martian Manhunter-Vixen

I would love for Blue Beetle (Ted) to fill that role but the current story in Suicide Squad might make that impossible

I’d prefer to keep the team all female so I’d add another member and it’d be between Steel (Natasha Irons), Mrs Terrific (Paula Holt) or Dr Light (Kimiyo Hoshi, though Barbara Gordon as Oracle would also be a popular choice

Extraordinary Member

Damn. The DC has very few female heroic geniuses.

Besides the ones mentioned above, there’s Bumblebee and that’s it.

You know what’s shocking? Remembering that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are both doctors with Ph D’s.

How many superheroines can say the same?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-03-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

While it's a far cry from what we've seen of her, I like the idea that Hawkwoman is the team tech genius, not necessarily because she's a rocket scientist (but maybe she is, and just plays it down?), but because she's an educated and experienced woman with access to alien technology that's light years ahead of mankind's, and gets a boost from Nth metal, a multi-purpose fantasy material like Wakanda's vibranium. Even the Thanagarian equivalent of some high school / trade school understanding of the tech she uses on a day to day basis in her job should be radical and ground-breaking to an earth tech genius like Mr. Terrific or Steel.

Even better, thanks to Nth metal, and it's 'unique properties' of 'whatever the hell we want it to do this week,' her tech can't necessarily be replicated. "Oh, it reverse-modulates the waveform and than stores the particles in a sixteenth-dimensional phase-state, where it technically doesn't exist, except potentially, so takes up no space and there's no loss of power or danger of explosion..." "Wait, waves *and* particles? That's un-possible!" "Oh, yeah, Nth metal. We scoff at your limited Earther understanding of particle physics."

Damn. The DC has very few female heroic geniuses.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3882157

Vixen could stand in as the tech/ scientific genius on the team, by mimicking Gorilla Grodd. It also gives the team access to Grodd's telekinesis and telepathy...and gives Vixen an evil edge.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Vixen could stand in as the tech/ scientific genius on the team, by mimicking Gorilla Grodd. It also gives the team access to Grodd's telekinesis and telepathy...and gives Vixen an evil edge.
    I love me some Vixen, but her mimicing Gorilla Grodd to get telekinesis/telepathy, or Krypto to get Kryptonian powers, just feels kinda cheesy to me. She's got some amazing powers, just mimicing normal earth-animals, IMO.

I love me some Vixen, but her mimicing Gorilla Grodd to get telekinesis/telepathy, or Krypto to get Kryptonian powers, just feels kinda cheesy to me. She's got some amazing powers, just mimicing normal earth-animals, IMO.
    I don't see why Vixen wouldn't sometimes take on their abilities, if she needed/wanted to. Besides, it would be more interesting than writers/artists having her mimic elephants and cheetahs for the umpteenth time. She's got access to Krypto and Gorilla Grodd and other alien creatures (and mythical ones), it would be a waste if she never ever utilized what they bring to the table. To me that would be like her not using her powers to the fullest extent. Yeah, she's definitely got some amazing powers just mimicking earth-based animals like you said, but never going beyond that from time to time would be weird to me. She has access to ALL the Red, just like Animal Man and Beast Boy, and Animal Man and Beast Boy never seem to be held back to "just mimicking Earth-based animals."

Animal Man was running around mimicking sun-eaters and Beast Boy turns into ANY animal or any animal-hybrid he wants, Earth-based or not.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 06-04-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Zatanna
    Wondy
    Vixen
    Doc Light
    Black Canary
    Mera
    Cruz
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Sounds like a good loophole to me, I'd rather that than mimicking humans because "they're animals too". With that said there are more than enough animal traits writers could use without having to resort to that type of thing. It should be a trump card if anything.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

What I like about it, Grodd's personality has the potential to drive her crazy, maybe making her a bigger menace then what they're fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Sounds like a good loophole to me, I'd rather that than mimicking humans because "they're animals too". With that said there are more than enough animal traits writers could use without having to resort to that type of thing. It should be a trump card if anything.
    Right. It should be a last resort kind of thing. Something that Vixen doesn't like to do because she is constantly fighting against Grodd's evil nature.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-10-2020 at 01:33 PM.