View Poll Results: ALL-FEMALE JUSTICE LEAGUE--VOTE!

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • BATGIRL

38 16.67%
  • BATWOMAN

68 29.82%
  • BLACK CANARY

143 62.72%
  • DOCTOR LIGHT

65 28.51%
  • FIRE

51 22.37%
  • GREEN LANTERN JESSICA CRUZ

109 47.81%
  • HAWKWOMAN

122 53.51%
  • ICE

47 20.61%
  • JESSE QUICK

72 31.58%
  • MERA

147 64.47%
  • STARFIRE

57 25.00%
  • SUPERGIRL

95 41.67%
  • VIXEN

132 57.89%
  • WONDER WOMAN

190 83.33%
  • ZATANNA

161 70.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Element Woman is a fun character, and would definitely bring more to an all lady League than just 'we need a woman version of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern!'

I mean if all that mattered was versions of the big 7 with boobs, the team would be Supergirl, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Jessica Cruz, Jesse Quick, Mera and Miss Martian.

Characters like Vixen, Big Barda, Fire, Ice and Element Woman add something a little more unique than Crazy Batlady #37.
    And that was pretty much my League...

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Batwoman
    Fire
    Hawkwoman
    Jesse Quick
    Mera
    Starfire
    Supergirl

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that was pretty much my League...
    Well, it's at least a consistent theme! Super-She, She-Bat, She-Lantern, She-Flash, Aqua-She, etc.

I always thought it was funky that the two consistent members of the 'big seven' who didn't have gender specific names, Flash and Green Lantern, of whom there were four and six of, respectively (just on earth, for the GLs), were all dudes, while the people who *did* have 'man' in their names, like Superman, Batman and Aquaman, had various Supergirls, Batgirls, Batwomen, Aquagirls, etc.

That's changed now that we have an Earth-human Green Lantern who is not a dude, but Jessica had to wait in line after Alan, Hal, John, Kyle, Guy and Simon to get a ring, and the only Flashes we've had so far have been boys (Jay, Barry, Wally, Bart). It's just weird that there'd be so many women eager to take up sex-defined names like 'Batwoman' or 'Batgirl', and nobody in the running for the gender-neutral Flash name!

Then again, you could field an entire seven person League of Bat-ladies (2 Batwomen, 3ish Batgirls, Spoiler, Huntress, etc.), so that's probably a bad example.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Harley actually wouldn't be a bad choice as her classic self really was at her heart good (if Joker obsessed) and could be a fun asset. It's her modern self that's, I don't know. Weird. And honestly not someone you'd be able to trust in a team setting unless your name is Poison Ivy (and not always even then).

DC needs to stick with a specific motivation for her as even Deadpool isn't "Lol completely random thing done with a slight explanation that'll be contradicted pretty quickly.", at least he isn't that so much more and it's made him a far more usable character for that.
    Good point.

I think the main issue these days is how differently Harley is written in the books she's appearing in. In her solo (and the various spin-offs) she's very much in that "Deadpool" anti-hero grouping; she wants to do good and her heart is in the right place (more or less), her methods are ultra-violent but she's got the right idea. She's put herself at risk many times to help others, including strangers. She's someone I could see the League bringing in, if for no other reason than to keep an eye on her and ensure she doesn't backtrack into raw villainy.

But in Suicide Squad she's much more the psycho, much less stable, and infinitely less trustworthy. Or at least so it seems, I dropped Squad after the first few issues of the current run, and didnt last much beyond the first year of the New52 series.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Before the Wonder Woman movie I might have agreed but I think we have enough evidence that DC can rely on more than just the Batman and Superman franchises. Hell, they proved that years ago with Static Shock
    We know that. DC does not seem to agree. But maybe they're finally figuring it out. Wonder Woman has turned a huge profit with a much smaller budget, so perhaps the lesson will finally find its way home.

But the larger media stuff rarely seeps down into the comics, and movie success doesn't always translate to comic book success. So if DC were still interested in using a high-profile female for a all-girl JLA, I still think Harley might be a smart choice from the business side of things. Even if Diana is financially capable of keeping a team book afloat on her own merits, it never hurts to have an extra bullet in the gun, you know?

All that said, Im not campaigning for Harley Quinn to be included in the League. Just pointing out that she'd probably help increase sales if they did include her. Which isn't a good enough reason on its own to do it, but it is food for thought.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, Lobo and Killer Frost are in the JLA. Everything is possible.

Well, votes have continued to trickle in but it hasn't changed the top 7: Black Canary, Green Lantern Jessica Cruz, Hawkwoman, Mera, Vixen, Wonder Woman & Zatanna.

What has changed is the one with the least votes: Batgirl.

I have a question for those that voted for Jessica Cruz. Is it because you like the character or because you think there should be a Lantern on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Well, votes have continued to trickle in but it hasn't changed the top 7: Black Canary, Green Lantern Jessica Cruz, Hawkwoman, Mera, Vixen, Wonder Woman & Zatanna.

What has changed is the one with the least votes: Batgirl.

I have a question for those that voted for Jessica Cruz. Is it because you like the character or because you think there should be a Lantern on the team?
    It's because I like the character. She's been one of DC's best new characters in recent years!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

@ksneen

Why doesn't anyone care about Fire and Ice anymore? That what makes me upset about all this Killer Frost attention, there's already Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmanbud View Post
    Why doesn't anyone care about Fire and Ice anymore? That what makes me upset about all this Killer Frost attention, there's already Ice!
    Jessica Cruz replaced Fire as DC's top Latina hero (one of each is the unspoken rule of comicdom) and Killer Frost broke out in a way Ice never did thanks to Injustice, Assault on Arkham and The Flash. That's my take at least. I'm still a fan of all of them though...
    Last edited by El_Gato; 06-30-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Well, Lobo and Killer Frost are in the JLA. Everything is possible.
    The Caitlin Snow version of Killer Frost was set up to be more sympathetic/nuanced from the beginning (and the TV show has kept the "sympathetic" element with her as well). So her being on the JLA isn't that hard to buy.

You can buy her WANTING to do good, but there's JUST enough doubt about whether or not she'll lose control again to make her something of a wildcard.

Other than the fact that they haven't seen much panel time in years? Im not sure.

I thought what they did with Fire in Checkmate was brilliant, but no one seemed to have an idea for Ice once her League disbanded, unless you count being Guy Gardner's love interest.

When the Frozen movie came out and all the kids were going crazy over it, I thought DC missed an opportunity to raise Ice's profile, but I am really enjoying what they're doing with Frost right now.

But I'd be perfectly happy seeing Fire and Ice back in action. They had a fun dynamic and I think there's a lot that could be done with them.

~ Black Panther.

Wonder Woman
    Hawkwoman
    Mera
    Zatanna
    Jesse Quick
    Starfire
    Black Canary
    Fire
    Ice

Edit it down to seen and I'll cut Starfire. My second cut would either be Black canary or Jesse Quick. A speedster is needed so I guess i'd cut BC next.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 07-01-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Ultimate Member

I loved the original Icemaiden, from a magical hidden land, and 'Green Fury,' with mystical green fire that she could use to generate heat, cold, illusions or even change her clothes. After their 'update' to Fire and Ice for Justice League International (and then Fire later having even *different* powers because of some meta-gene business and becoming a green Human Torch), I was less of a fan. IMO, what was special about these two characters I first read about in Super-Friends (yes, I am that old) was stripped away by Giffen.

But hey, they've gotten better treatment than Jack O' Lantern or Tasmanian Devil, so there's that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Because DC doesn't use them enough. I like them but man DC has a problem with using lesser known heroes.