Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Since we can't measure online sales we should take the Comichron sales facts as our statistics for measurement, even if those sales figures are estimates its the most concrete sales evidence we have that we can use. Both Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel are seriously underperforming.
    Thing is though, we already know it's a faulty way of looking at things. Squirrel Girl and Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur are two of Marvels lowest performers in the Direct Market and yet we already know they're safe and will continue to get published because of their success outside of that Market. Ms. Marvel is another documented case of that already as well.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Thing is though, we already know it's a faulty way of looking at things. Squirrel Girl and Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur are two of Marvels lowest performers in the Direct Market and yet we already know they're safe and will continue to get published because of their success outside of that Market. Ms. Marvel is another documented case of that already as well.
    I wonder if any Spider-Man book has a deal with scholastic?

I'm surprised Spidey didn't, particularly so they could keep a book with young Peter going in-time for the movie.

Incredible Member

Why they're safe is beyond me but remind me how Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl make their profit outside the comics?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Why they're safe is beyond me but remind me how Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl make their profit outside the comics?
    Squirrel Girl through trades and digital and Moon Girl because her books are sold through K-12 School Book Fairs. Champions and Totally Awesome Hulk are also in the same boat, and it's a known fact that Ms. Marvel has also been a strong seller both digitally and in Trades.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, essentially no matter how far they go down, Champions, Ms. Marvel, Totally Awesome Hulk, Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and I believe now Unstoppable Wasp, are safe thanks to the Scholastic deal, as well as selling well in trade and especially digital. They're the exception to the rule.

Incredible Member

Squirrel Girl through trades and digital and Moon Girl because her books are sold through K-12 School Book Fairs. Champions and Totally Awesome Hulk are also in the same boat, and it's a known fact that Ms. Marvel has also been a strong seller both digitally and in Trades.
    But where do you get digital statistics for that? Not calling you wrong or anything, I just want to know where you get sales data based on digital or other because I don't have access to it myself?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, essentially no matter how far they go down, Champions, Ms. Marvel, Totally Awesome Hulk, Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and I believe now Unstoppable Wasp, are safe thanks to the Scholastic deal, as well as selling well in trade and especially digital. They're the exception to the rule.
    Unstoppable Wasp and even School Girl are abominable.

Astonishing Member

The market as a whole looks worse than it used to unless digital is making is adding 50% overall to sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    The market as a whole looks worse than it used to unless digital is making is adding 50% overall to sales.
    The fact that we don't see numbers on digital is odd to me.

They should be much easier to track, the sales aren't going to be multiple purchases by one person because of variants, and we should even have data on how many people have actually read the books, and whether or not they read the entire issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

They should be much easier to track, the sales aren't going to be multiple purchases by one person because of variants, and we should even have data on how many people have actually read the books, and whether or not they read the entire issues.
    The floppies have greater transparency (the annual statement of ownership figures can be compared to sales estimates.) While it would be easy for Marvel to release digital info (how many issues did a book sell? how often was a title read on Digital Unlimited?) they have no incentives to doing so.

Hell, they're not happy about people spending time talking about physical sales.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

Indeed. Digital sales could be tracked down similarly to number of downloads or views and online purchases. I really want to know these sales figures.

BANNED

Comixology doesn't release numbers. The best you have is their best seller list.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

In the past, Marvel confirmed that Ms. Marvel sells more digitally than it does in print, so I assume everything that manages to chart higher than a new Ms. Marvel release and keep that position for at least a week, sells more than 30k.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Comixology doesn't release numbers. The best you have is their best seller list.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

In the past, Marvel confirmed that Ms. Marvel sells more digitally than it does in print, so I assume everything that manages to chart higher than a new Ms. Marvel release and keep that position for at least a week, sells more than 30k.
    But if you don't see or know ComiXology's data, and Marvel's claims that Ms Marvel is a digital best seller without revealing how much it actually sold, how can you estimate it sells around 30k digitally?

BANNED

But if you don't see or know ComiXology's data, and Marvel's claims that Ms Marvel is a digital best seller without revealing how much it actually sold, how can you estimate it sells around 30k digitally?
    When they revealed that Ms. Marvel sold more digitally than in print, its print estimates were around the 30k to 40k range.

Based on that I assume its digital sales are at least 30k.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    When they revealed that Ms. Marvel sold more digitally than in print, its print estimates were around the 30k to 40k range.

Based on that I assume its digital sales are at least 30k.
    Ok, So its your own estimate. I can dig that seeing as how you know your stuff. However digital figures don't have to be released and aren't available for checking, right? Can they do the same with the direct market, you know, show sales figures or is it exclusive to digital.

And how do TPB's factor in, as in their sales figures?