Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

25k for Renew Your Vows is actually much better then I was expecting, particularly given the books it's outselling.

I'm wondering how long Scarlet Spider, Spider-Gwen, and RYV will be able to maintain their sales.

See, told you so, didn't I? It's sales are steady, same goes for Champions. They were just knocked out of the top #100 due to new comics launching.

2099 is the only poor performer there, and that series is already canned.

By the way, I included Doctor Strange in my list because Spider-Woman is in it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    25k for Renew Your Vows is actually much better then I was expecting, particularly given the books it's outselling.

I'm wondering how long Scarlet Spider, Spider-Gwen, and RYV will be able to maintain their sales.
    I believe Spider-Gwen sells unusually well in digital and trade, so it will probably survive a long while even with low direct market sales.

And Scarlet Spider actually had a smaller drop then most series have from 1 to 2. Most series loose around 60 percent of their issue 1 numbers, but Scarlet only lost 45 percent. If it remains stable it should be in for a healthy run (I hope it does, I love that book).

And while a little under 4000 is a big drop for RYV, it seems the Venom issue last week got a huge boost in sales.

Honestly, Renew Your Vows is gonna be safe, if Spider-Man 2099 can last that long while not selling the best, than RYV, especially with its dedicated fan base, should last.

Same with Spider-Gwen, I think that book's in a good place where it can just keep on going, unless things get really bad. Ben Reilly will probably be fine too, although that book feels like it's planning towards some sort of end goal, and isn't just indefinite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    I believe Spider-Gwen sells unusually well in digital and trade, so it will probably survive a long while even with low direct market sales.
    I don't know about trades, but it was selling well digitally when it first came out. Chared pretty well.

But that hasn't been the case for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Honestly, Renew Your Vows is gonna be safe, if Spider-Man 2099 can last that long while not selling the best, than RYV, especially with its dedicated fan base, should last.

Same with Spider-Gwen, I think that book's in a good place where it can just keep on going, unless things get really bad. Ben Reilly will probably be fine too, although that book feels like it's planning towards some sort of end goal, and isn't just indefinite.
    I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with Spider-Gwen once Rodriguez retires after the upcoming Gwenom arc now that that's finally happening.

About RYV, it's not that bad, it's just 5k under mighty Spider-Miles and doing better than the heavily marketed Champions.
    I'm afraid than Scarlet Spider's isn't going to last for too long (I'll be prety sad seeing both PAD spider-books getting cancelled), and we'll have to see how Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-man's going to affect RYV sales.
    Last edited by vhm74; 06-19-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Spider-Gwen will survive as long as it doesn't go below 20k that's when a series starts getting into cancellation terrority.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Spider-Gwen will survive as long as it doesn't go below 20k that's when a series starts getting into cancellation terrority.
    Then in that case Ms Marvel has entered cancellation territory since it performed under 20k.

Yeah, Kamala's definitely relying on her digital sales for her survival.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Then in that case Ms Marvel has entered cancellation territory since it performed under 20k.
    I will admit that I believe that marvel does make special exceptions with ms.marvel and captain marvel, captain marvel more so which is a series that sadly as a reputation of selling terribly no matter how much it gets relaunched and as a captain marvel fan it's a sad reality I've had to accept.

For Carol, they don't want to have a character who's getting a movie not have a comic. Kamala is doing well digitally as far as I know. These sales estimates don't tell the whole story.

Incredible Member

I will admit that I believe that marvel does make special exceptions with ms.marvel and captain marvel, captain marvel more so which is a series that sadly as a reputation of selling terribly no matter how much it gets relaunched and as a captain marvel fan it's a sad reality I've had to accept.
    I've found that both Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel have had bad runs since ANAD. Their books were really wearing me down and I dropped them. Mighty Captain Marvel to me seems like its especially SJW stuff.

Whatever the case my beloved RYV is still not on death row.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    For Carol, they don't want to have a character who's getting a movie not have a comic. Kamala is doing well digitally as far as I know. These sales estimates don't tell the whole story.
    Since we can't measure online sales we should take the Comichron sales facts as our statistics for measurement, even if those sales figures are estimates its the most concrete sales evidence we have that we can use. Both Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel are seriously underperforming. Nova too and his book is super awesome now that Richard Rider is back.