Default Spider-Man Sales For May 2017

2 VENOM #150
    27 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #27
    63 SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #17
    77 SPIDER-MAN #16
    83 BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #2
    86 SPIDER-GWEN #19

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...vels-may-2017/

Absolutely heart-wrenching to see, in addition to Miguel, Renew Your Vows drop completely out of the top one hundred. That X-Men crossover did'nt go down well at all, and I know there was a lot of criticism aimed at ''One-Punch MJ'' online.

Incredible Member

Spider Man works best when dealing with Spider stories rather than crossovers.

Honestly I'm not all that surprised about RYV. The only time I ever saw any promotion for it was when it was a fan pleading for people to pick it up, or Ryan Stegman on twitter. Also Marvel produces too many damn books. Who has the time and money? When they got to pick OG Peter Parker's book, Miles Morales, Gwen Stacy, my mom's spidersona, your mom's spidersona, etc...another event, another event, another event, another event, another event, another event, anoth

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCordo74 View Post
    Honestly I'm not all that surprised about RYV. The only time I ever saw any promotion for it was when it was a fan pleading for people to pick it up, or Ryan Stegman on twitter. Also Marvel produces too many damn books. Who has the time and money? When they got to pick OG Peter Parker's book, Miles Morales, Gwen Stacy, my mom's spidersona, your mom's spidersona, etc...another event, another event, another event, another event, another event, another event, anoth
    Yeah, Marvel has built a massive dilution machine for producing too many titles that don't complement each other. Short term profit. Though I'll reserve judgment until I see how MJ's Venom issue performed.

(Sigh)Really depressing seeing Renew Your Vows drop so much again. It deserves so much better .

I'm really wondering how long Venom can hold those numbers.

That's a pretty sharp drop for the new Scarlet Spider book. Not sure how long it has for this world...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Sigh)Really depressing seeing Renew Your Vows drop so much again. It deserves so much better .

I'm really wondering how long Venom can hold those numbers.

That's a pretty sharp drop for the new Scarlet Spider book. Not sure how long it has for this world...
    Tell me about it. So bummed, if this keeps going, I'm worried they will turn it into a maxi series like Vision (which in itself can be good if its nominated for awards). They should relaunch it as Amazing Spider Family or Amazing Spider Man Family. Their superhero team dynamic was an interesting and original thing that while it still has its downs it also has its ups and still has more to offer and potential. Think Incredibles.

I'm really wondering how Spec is going to do now.

Maybe the recent "surprise reveal" and Kubert on art will probably give it a good launch, but I can see it going down to similar numbers to all the other Spider-Man team-up books, if audiences are actually in the market for another one, anyways.

It's possible that RYV maintained last month's numbers and still dropped out, as this month's #100, Red Hood, was in 89th last month with 26k sales. I wouldn't panic before looking at the exact numbers when Comichron posts them.

Champions also dropped out of the top 100.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's possible that RYV maintained last month's numbers and still dropped out, as this month's #100, Red Hood, was in 89th last month with 26k sales. I wouldn't panic before looking at the exact numbers when Comichron posts them.

Thanks for the reprieve. But they've really taken their time revealing the exact numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DCordo74 View Post
    Should Renew Your Vows dropping sales charts be due to promotion? It would be an indication that people who picked up the title weren't interested.

Incidentally, the main thing isn't the ranking in the Top 100, but whether it's profitable. That's more about how well it sells.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Slightly pedantic, but Comichron has estimates rather than the exact numbers ordered.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    83 BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #2(

I really thought this would at least do as well as Kaine solo SS book but I'm guessing we're looking at a 12-15 issue run based on the drop from the first issue to the second issue. For me this kinda sucks because while I'm on record as being against the direction they've chosen for Ben the book does at least provide me a place to see Kaine on a semi regular basis.

Also the direction they chose to go with Ben kind of muddies the water as far as determining what the demand is for a solo book starring Ben Reilly. Are people not interested in reading a solo book starring Ben Reilly or are they not interested in a book about Ben Reilly acting like a douchebag?

Hard to tell imho.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 06-18-2017 at 05:22 PM.

BANNED

Comicron estimates

It appears Spider-Gwen's placement was misreported, it was not in the top one hundred either, and Renew Your Vows is out-selling it

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-05.html

Spider-Gwen double shipped. One issue was in the top #100, the other wasn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Comicron estimates

It appears Spider-Gwen's placement was misreported, it was not in the top one hundred either, and Renew Your Vows is out-selling it

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-05.html
    The chart shows two issues of Spider-Gwen.

#19 came at 86.
    #20 came at 105.