All-New Member

Default Justice League Forever Evil unclear!?

Hey guys im new here, so its my first post. forgive me if i missed something. i have some unanswered questions about the forever evil part of the justice league. well atom girl of the other earth was the rat and she helped ultraman owlman and co come to this earth as trinity war ended. Thing is i dont get what exactly happened with the actual justice league? How did they get destroyed? Because in the parts after its like the story has some big holes... And did thsi affect the storylines of every hero on his own comic storyline? like batman disappeared and jim gordn was this batman in a robot suit... was also superman missingin his own comic? sorry if i missed something i just started reading comics so im new in this. for every help im very thankful

they got sucked into the firestorm matrix. Tie ins varied, I remember the main series suffering from delays so we saw a lot of the aftermath in many titles before the the FE conclusion came out.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I want to say Forever Evil was sidetracked by the weird nature of comics at that place in time. DC pulled a Marvel and had all their titles get highjacked and jump from event to event.

Trinity War -> Forever Evil and Futures End

A lot of balls were in the air. Storylines were dropped, tiles were delayed, titles were relaunched/rebranded (Earth 2, TT, Batgirl, Grayson come to mind), characters faded into obscurity (Pandora right when FE started), and the events that were supposed to mean something, were abandoned and never brought up again (Future's End).

After all that we had Convergence and DC's short lived soft reboot of the New 52 with DCYou.

A lot of dead ends from this era. My advice, just read the main FE event book and the accompanying JL (Forever Heroes) to get the story. Don't try to fit in what the individual league members solo titles were doing at the time, because DC stopped trying to make it all make sense.

If I remember correctly, the Justice League title (and possibly Justice League of America?) that ran concurrently to Forever Evil told about what happened to the Justice League and how they got out from imprisonment. Jim Gordon replacing Batman for a while was an unconnected story that happened long after both Trinity War and Forever Evil.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

All-New Member

a thanks a lot, thought they were somehow connected so thats why i was confused about the other storylines

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Justice League title (and possibly Justice League of America?) that ran concurrently to Forever Evil told about what happened to the Justice League and how they got out from imprisonment. Jim Gordon replacing Batman for a while was an unconnected story that happened long after both Trinity War and Forever Evil.
    I think JLA stories of the FE event (Survivors of Evil), was a bunch of adventures and flashbacks in the heads of Stargirl and Martian Manhunter. Like FE Blight (with the untrapped members of the JLD), the Amanda Waller JLA team ended up going nowhere and not having much of anything to do with the main event. JLA was cancelled, but some of the members (Stargirl, Martian Manhunter, and Green Arrow), found their way on to the JL United book.

So much wasted potenial on flash in the pan ideas.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by riddlingBat View Post
    Hey guys im new here, so its my first post. forgive me if i missed something. i have some unanswered questions about the forever evil part of the justice league. well atom girl of the other earth was the rat and she helped ultraman owlman and co come to this earth as trinity war ended. Thing is i dont get what exactly happened with the actual justice league? How did they get destroyed? Because in the parts after its like the story has some big holes... And did thsi affect the storylines of every hero on his own comic storyline? like batman disappeared and jim gordn was this batman in a robot suit... was also superman missingin his own comic? sorry if i missed something i just started reading comics so im new in this. for every help im very thankful
    As for the Batman part, Jim Gordon was Batman, but that is unrelated to Forever Evil. Something happened to Batman in his own book at the end of the Endgame storyline.