Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That means that I guess I'll read the first trade of Flash eventually

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    That means that I guess I'll read the first trade of Flash eventually
    You should! It's an awesome, fun, book .

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

That's... not really uncommon. The range of 40-55k is pretty much what every good Flash run sold.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

It's amazing that this is happening in a moment where he doesn't particularly has a great comic. IMO the current run has been mediocre with some good moments. Flash has never reached the heights of Waid and Johns' runs (the first Johns run with Wally) again.

At the very least I hope this makes DC consider a second Flash Family book.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    That's... not really uncommon. The range of 40-55k is pretty much what every good Flash run sold.
    Which says it all, right there .

Wonder Woman should be next

Flash has been my favorite book of Rebirth but the book has been selling fairly well ever since N52 started. It's been on a roll over the past few years.

BANNED

Despite not reading the book, I'm actually happy about this. If it can stay the best selling non-Bat title, DC may make a 2nd 'Flash' book to put Wally, Bart and the others.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With those sales, I'm wondering how long before we get any kind of Flash spinoff? A book doing that well, you'd expect DC to try for a second title, whether it be starring OG!Wally or a "Flash Year One" story.
    I agree, if the sales can hold (not necessarily the numbers) but the high standing in the sale charts then I believe we'll get a second flash book within a year, for me prefably a flash family book with OG Wally taking the reins along with Jay, Jesse and eventually Max and Bart with the occasional appearance of Barry.

I know I'm a little too optimistic lol but it can happen...I think it's just a case of timing, i mean the sales are great, the tv shows popular, he's in the JL film he's getting a solo film within 2 years, that shows me there's been a clear popularity surge for the character, also once Barry and wally regain their pre flashpoint memories or the majority (surely?) it will be even more feasible for Dc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think the show has probably played a big role in getting it exposure considering how popular it is. I think when you add in people pirating it, streaming it, or watching it on Netflix, it's one of the biggest network shows in the country with a big fanbase overseas as well. Usually movies or TV don't impact sales so I'm actually impressed.
    What?

A good Flash book always sells above 50k, this isn't anything new. TV doesn't effect the sales.

Geez people, did we really forget everything before Venditti or Infinite Crisis? Heck, even Manapul run was selling 60k.

I'm actually impressed. I haven't read the flash stuff but I didn't figure it's be up there. Should I read them? Trade or singles?
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    What?

A good Flash book always sells above 50k, this isn't anything new. TV doesn't effect the sales.

Geez people, did we really forget everything before Venditti or Infinite Crisis? Heck, even Manapul run was selling 60k.
    It's more of its standing and who it's ahead of than the actual numbers which are prob diff now with digital being much bigger. I mean it's outselling Amazing Spider-Man and only Batman and Justice League are selling more for DC

It's more of its standing and who it's ahead of than the actual numbers which are prob diff now with digital being much bigger. I mean it's outselling Amazing Spider-Man and only Batman and Justice League are selling more for DC
    Again, this ain't new, especially back in 90s. Flash started to lose steam after Identity Crisis/Infinite Crisis, before that it was solid top 10. They are mostly bringing back older fans who quit DC and those who simply enjoy good enough stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Again, this ain't new, especially back in 90s. Flash started to lose steam after Identity Crisis/Infinite Crisis, before that it was solid top 10. They are mostly bringing back older fans who quit DC and those who simply enjoy good enough stories.
    Huh when was Flash ever in the top 10. I'm checking Comichron and can't find anytime it sold anywhere near that well. Find it hard to believe Flash was ever that high in the charts especially with X-Men usually being guaranteed at least 3-4 spots on the top 10. Could be wrong though

Huh when was Flash ever in the top 10. I'm checking Comichron and can't find anytime it sold anywhere near that well. Find it hard to believe Flash was ever that high in the charts especially with X-Men usually being guaranteed at least 3-4 spots on the top 10. Could be wrong though
    I mean top 10 DC books. Market back in the 90s was different (some books being spammed to a point industry being almost crushed etc.). Current Flash isn't in Top 10 either, he made it last month due to having a crossover with Batman, which is the first time ever in it's publication history.

All pros at DC confirmed TV fans only effect trade sales, not floppies. And the current floppy sales are your normal Flash sales. Bart's Flash run sold these numbers, Johns Barry run had these numbers, Manapul also ditto, Waid's Flash was always getting these numbers during first run etc. etc.