Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default If Joker was the villain of Suicide Squad

Food for thought.

Probably woulda been better
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Probably woulda been better
    I dunno, I don't think I needed anymore of Jared Leto's Joker in that movie then what we got .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

A grounded villain and not some goddess would've made the movie way better.

cara delevingne's Enchantress or jared leto's Joker. Why trade one stinker for another?

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Would've been so much better

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    cara delevingne's Enchantress or jared leto's Joker. Why trade one stinker for another?
    Well, I guess both are equally easy on the eyes, depending on how you look at it .

It would have made more sense if the main villain had been Poison Ivy and she had held some industrialists hostage in some high rise or something. I don't know why the Suicide Squad needed "save the world" level of stakes. Being forced to defeat Ivy to save sleazy industrialists who polluted nature would have also added to the moral dilemma of the Squad and they could have properly set up Gotham City Sirens.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It would have made more sense if the main villain had been Poison Ivy and she had held some industrialists hostage in some high rise or something. I don't know why the Suicide Squad needed "save the world" level of stakes. Being forced to defeat Ivy to save sleazy industrialists who polluted nature would have also added to the moral dilemma of the Squad and they could have properly set up Gotham City Sirens.
    I tend to agree with this. Does a super secret task force need to be formed to take down a street level thug like the Joker. Something that Batman can easily handle.
    While someone like Enchantress was way OP to be realistically handled by them which is why the movie fell apart. Not sure Poison Ivy rises to that much more of
    a threat level though, but I suppose they could OP her enough if they gave her some sort of mutant army to work with. Then the question is how do they DP
    her enough to make her want to hang with Harley Quinn afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Does a super secret task force need to be formed to take down a street level thug like the Joker. Something that Batman can easily handle.
    While someone like Enchantress was way OP to be realistically handled by them which is why the movie fell apart. Not sure Poison Ivy rises to that much more of
    a threat level though, but I suppose they could OP her enough if they gave her some sort of mutant army to work with. Then the question is how do they DP
    her enough to make her want to hang with Harley Quinn afterwards.
    Maybe instead of OP-ing her, they could've leaned into Ivy's scientific genius like in her mini and created a gang of plant mutants. They could also have homeless orphans working for her whom she provided sanctuary to after their homes were taken away by the industrialists' misdeeds. I think morality wise it would have been really interesting to see the Squad stuck between sympathising with a grey-shaded Ivy and her orphans and being forced to defeat them to save corrupt industrialists who financially benefited Waller and her operations. That would have also allowed Harley and Ivy to connect with each other and reach a compromise of some sorts.

Any which way, Enchantress was the worst pick for a Squad villain. Not only was she too OP but now with the Squad defeating a supernatural threat, what is Justice League Dark's niche and purpose as a team going to be?

All-New Member

Maybe instead of OP-ing her, they could've leaned into Ivy's scientific genius like in her mini and created a gang of plant mutants. They could also have homeless orphans working for her whom she provided sanctuary to after their homes were taken away by the industrialists' misdeeds. I think morality wise it would have been really interesting to see the Squad stuck between sympathising with a grey-shaded Ivy and her orphans and being forced to defeat them to save corrupt industrialists who financially benefited Waller and her operations. That would have also allowed Harley and Ivy to connect with each other and reach a compromise of some sorts.
    I love your train of thought! Poison Ivy's such an awesome villain, ever since her story arc in Arkham Knight I've wanted her done justice onscreen. I hope they cast the right actress for Ivy.

I see two main problems with that (hypothetical) approach:

*Having Joker as a main villain only to have him beaten by the B and C-listers of the Suicide Squad would have been a massive anti-climax for the reintroduction of one of the very best villains the movie medium has ever seen. Having him skulk in the shadows like the movie actually did was the right move, although the less said about the execution the better.

*The Suicide Squad are a black ops team meant to do shady operations that the heroes won't touch and whatever agencies they're run by can deny if they get caught. Joker holding a city hostage is a job that doesn't require deniability or off the book-shenanigans, just regular old government enforcement or superheroes. Basically, it's a threat or problem that doesn't doesn't jibe with what the Suicide Squad is about.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

I think both Joker and Ivy would be ill-suited to face off against the Squad. They seem more like members then a force that the Squad would be needed to take out.

Enchantress goes entirely too far in the opposite direction, even if the stuff with her and the Incubus is lifted from the actual Suicide Squad comics.

I personally would've gone with them fighting the Jihad, though that might have been too politically-charged in today's climate to work for a blockbuster.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it definitely would have been better. If only because magic and sorcery don't really fit the Squad and its better to downplay all of that. Have Enchantress on the team, but don't emphasize the otherworldliness of her power. This ain't Doctor Strange. In the end, Suicide Squad seemed just utterly goofy because its story had what should be street level characters going up against a (badly done) CGI monstrosity. They really need to fix that for a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, it definitely would have been better. If only because magic and sorcery don't really fit the Squad and its better to downplay all of that. Have Enchantress on the team, but don't emphasize the otherworldliness of her power. This ain't Doctor Strange. In the end, Suicide Squad seemed just utterly goofy because its story had what should be street level characters going up against a (badly done) CGI monstrosity. They really need to fix that for a sequel.
    I mean Enchantress and her magic background was from the comics, just leaving out Nightshade's involvement or going even more into the fantasy-aspect of it like the comic did, but it was probably not the kind of story to start off the first Suicide Squad movie on.