• Bishop

3 1.84%
  • Cable

15 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    An argument can be made that the men don't have a Trinity but a Quadrant. With Xavier and Magneto being one pair of opposite poles and Wolverine and Cyclops being the other pair of opposing forces. And the series is about the intersecting of these two opposing pairs.

This is beautiful and pretty much accurate

Ultimate Member

Another hard one.

Gambit's the only one (other than Wolverine) on that list that has been deemed to rate a solo movie (even if it never actually happens), long before anyone's even dreamed of a Cyclops movie.

Nightcrawler, Beast and Angel all have lasting tenures on other teams, spreading the mutant love out to the Avengers, Excalibur and the Champions & Defenders. Beast and Angel are also founders. Nightcrawler and Angel have not just been on other teams, they've *led* other teams. Nightcrawler also has that *epic* 'storming the White House' scene at the beginning of the second X-Men movie.

Iceman's getting a big push, right now, and getting his own solo, something that Angel and the Beast have yet to accomplish. He's also been a Champion and Defender, at times, and got a little bit of cross-media exposure in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (and a better movie appearance than, say, Colossus, or Angel).

Cable, eh. He could have his own team, forty years of history and a line of blockbuster movies, I couldn't bring myself to vote for a Liefield creation.

I went for Nightcrawler, because he's my favorite, and that's what broke my tie.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Huge Gambit fan but it's about eras... during the 90s, he was definitely up there, but today and "all-time", it has to be Cyclops (dead), Wolverine (dead), and Nightcrawler, arguably Cable... Deadpool off of sheer popularity, if you consider him an X-Man at all.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I absolutely would have put Magneto as my third prong with Cyclops and Wolverine. Other than that, Beast might be the best fit, but I wouldn't have put him with the other two. I also would have put Magneto over Professor X just to be clear.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

If it were to be my favorites it would be Cable, Nightcrawler, and Iceman.
    However, I would say that Cyclops, Wolverine, and either Xavier or Nightcrawler fit the bill for me. Cable I immediately associate with X-Force or Deadpool, Beast I associate with X-Factor and the Avengers, Gambit and Colossus are X-Men but not trinity level, Angel and Iceman are X-Factor and X-men but not trinity, Bishop is not even close to being in the running, and Magneto is definitely a contender but he's too much in the adversary category for me to be considered as the X-Men Trinity.

Cyclops and Wolverine for sure but it was difficult to choose the third.

I stay with Nightcrawler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Of the list given, I think Wolverine, Cyclops and Cable top it pretty easily. However, I do think Xavier belongs on it more so than any other. Magneto, as much as I'm a fan of the character, not so much. he's hugely important yes, but not top 3 possibly not even top 5. As compelling as his narrative is, too much of it was wrong, or as an antagonist.
    As a X man? No. Magneto is no top 3 even though his story has always meant more than any other when he's on a team. But as a character...Magneto, Wolverine, and Storm are the top names in x history. Easily.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Cyclops,wolverine,nightcrawler
    X-Men Forever

This one wasn't as easy. I went with Cyclops (obviously), Wolverine (obviously), and Gambit (probably not?). I almost went with Beast, but thought about the animated series.

Cyclops- leader of X-Men for most of their history
    Wolverine- most popular and one of only team characters to successfully become a solo star
    Beast- would say Xavier but Beast is probably the next on list

Leaving out Xavier and Mags for strict hardcore X-Men then:

Cyclops and Wolverine go without saying.

For the third, I honestly think it's Nightcrawler. I'd say he's just as well-known as Beast is. He's almost certainly more well-liked. In addition to the comics he has frequent prominent appearances in outside media including:
    - Was in all three cartoon series and the Pryde pilot, and was a regular cast member in two of the series.
    - Held prominent roles in the movie franchise. In fact, he was a major character before Beast was.
    - Is frequently a playable character in video game releases. I haven't counted appearances to compare but if you look at Kurt and Hank's wikipedia pages for game credits they look about even.

Spectacular Member

It's wolverine, cyclops and magneto.

Extraordinary Member

I don't count mentors or semi reformed X-baddies as XMen.

Without this criteria it would be Professor X, Wolverine and Magneto (man, I wish Fox's rights to the movies would lapse).

So to me the most well known Male X-Men are Cyclops, Wolverine and Beast.

They were all in the 90's cartoon and the films at some point (let's not get into how little Cyke got to do in the Xflicks)

Beast mainly because he was in the First Class movies. If not for the FC movies
    I'd have to choose Gambit by default.

Even though Wolverine is the most popular I believe Cyclops is the more iconic one, so my list in order would be:

Scott, Logan and the third one Xavier and Magneto quite closely, even though the last two aren't on the list.

General trinity would be Scott, Logan and Jean, I don't think Storm really comes that close to Jean in this particular scenario, but that's just my opinion.

BANNED

This one is hard. Its not as cut and dry as the x-women (Storm, Jean, and Rogue).

When the X-Men were at their best during Claremont's first run, its definitely Wolverine, Colossus, and Nightcrawler.
    In the 90s, it was Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast.
    From 2000-present, its hard to say. Wolverine is a definite shoo-in, then I'd probably say Cyclops, but I don't know after that.

So, overall, given that Wolverine is on all three lists, he's definitely one of the three. Given that Scott is on 2 out of the 3 lists, he makes it by the skin of his teeth as well. As for the third member, I'm just gonna say Beast followed by a question mark.