Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i'm embarrassed that i glossed over the 90s spider-books and forgot both the return of the sinister six (courtesy Ozman79) and kraven's last hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    i'm embarrassed that i glossed over the 90s spider-books and forgot both the return of the sinister six (courtesy Ozman79) and kraven's last hunt.

I mean... I mentioned Return Of The Sinister Six first, but that's okay...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yes green goblin was awesome, fun and a great take on the goblins. it only ran for 13 issues and did have a crossover with Onslaught as well.

Slott turned him into a bad guy recently which sucks because he grew into a hero by the end of his run.
    Phil Urich Green Goblin turned into a villain in the Loners mini by CB Cebulski. Slott just ran with it.

Astonishing Member

On the Spider-Man side, I would recommend Untold Tales of Spider-Man by Kurt Buriek. It's available as an omnibus if you can find it for decent prices.

I'll second Thunderbolts, Avenger by Busiek & Perez, ClanDestine, and Captain America by Waid & Garney.

Has anyone read Ecto Kid by Clive Barker and the Wachowski's? I stumbled upon it by chance it seems like a bit of an obscure 90's relic and something that I might enjoy.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Has anyone read Ecto Kid by Clive Barker and the Wachowski's? I stumbled upon it by chance it seems like a bit of an obscure 90's relic and something that I might enjoy.
    I actually found #1 last year, but haven't actually read it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Been years since I read it but I remember that it's the only series of that line that I liked.

BANNED

I remember the covers being to 'busy' for my tastes

Heroes for Hire and Quicksilver from the 90's (together).

Sensational She-Hulk. I would recommend starting with John Byrne's second run and reading to the end of the series with issue #60.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

The Len Kaminski/Kevin Hopgood/Tom Morgan Iron Man run (#278-318) is a real hidden gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    The Len Kaminski/Kevin Hopgood/Tom Morgan Iron Man run (#278-318) is a real hidden gem.
    It really is. I thought about recommending it.

Peace

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Venom tooth and claw, along came a spider minis
    Tooth and Claw was okay, but Along Came A Spider devolved into a mess by the third issue. Lethal Protector, Sinner Takes All, The Hunted and The Hunger are the best Venom minis in my opinion. Nights of Vengeance is also excellent, though it requires some knowledge of Venom's supporting cast (which was sadly dumped right after) to fully appreciate.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I just learned about TekWorld too, I love these obscure one-off series.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion