Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

the lamest company event they've had so far was a hero-vs-villain event; Fear Itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    A arctic from bleeding cool about this. If this is right then legacy is ment to hold us over for a new relaunch. Its stopgap a temporary shotty plan to deal with there problems. I hope this is updated soon. This is getting disappointing its like every time news about it comes out its more and more disappointing

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...ll-breaks-out/
    I was getting the sense that it was a stopgap with the way things were developing or how the Friday announcement was handled.

So I'm guessing each major Legacy book reaches their milestone issue, returning their classic heroes to prominent roles, and then everything relaunches (again).

Basically Marvel is going to do legacy numbering for milestones and then relaunching to all new #1's again. Which they've always done.

At least they're finally going to be reining back the hero vs. hero events...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the lamest company event they've had so far was a hero-vs-villain event; Fear Itself.
    Fear Itself may have been the most forgettable event Marvel's done in a long time, but Civil War II was pretty damn lame too.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Lord retail had something to say about bleeding cool's article about the marvel conference call. https://mobile.twitter.com/LordRetai...67327636545538
    So is he talking about someone leaking info to Bleeding Cool? Or something else? Is leaks why he believes retailers aren't taken seriously or because of comic book journalism like Bleeding Cool...?

And is that the Sean McKeever ?

So apparently Legacy is only a stopgap before another relaunch. All this hype for a stopgap and Marvel is surprised the response isn't good so far, then they are going to relaunch anyway.....

Marvel please

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    So apparently Legacy is only a stopgap before another relaunch. All this hype for a stopgap and Marvel is surprised the response isn't good so far, then they are going to relaunch anyway.....
    As pointed in the same article you read, if there is a later relaunch coming, it's precisely because Legacy isn't a relaunch. Has it been advertised as one?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    As pointed in the same article you read, if there is a later relaunch coming, it's precisely because Legacy isn't a relaunch. Has it been advertised as one?
    Times Runs Out wasnt a relaunch either, what happened after Secret Wars was.
    It's the same now, Legacy is not a relaunch, but what happens once Secret Empire probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Marvel please

I saw this on Bleeding Cool and hit the roof. I was looking forward to getting back most, if not all of my old beloved Marvel titles that I loved in years past same as I did with DC Rebirth. Instead, it appears it's all a lie--a cheap gimmick with NO lasting changes at all. Same crap; different covers.

I want to buy more Marvel. I love having great books to read. Aaron's Doctor Strange, Lemire's Moon Knight, Coates's Black Panther--these are excellent books. I was hoping and praying to quadruple or even quintuple my number of Marvel books.

But to find out all of the legacy numbering is going away only to be cancelled (AGAIN!!!) for a whole 'nother wave of new #1's (AGAIN!!!)...NO. Just...NO.

I'm loathe to drop BP which I'll probably keep, but all other Marvel books on my pull list are gone for now. I am mad as Hell and I am done with this bull$#!+!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It wasn't advertised as a relaunch but as a new direction for Marvel. One that means that we wouldn't need or get yet another relaunch for a while.

Why advertise Legacy as a "return to form" for Marvel when it's only a stopgap before the actual change? It's infuriating. There would none of this backlash if Marvel said nothing before the relaunch. Legacy seems like just another line-wide variant theme like the hip hop variants, but it was advertised as being more than that so of course fans will be upset.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Haha overhyping the stopgap so it sounds like the actual solution to try to get two bumps in sales is such a Marvel thing to do.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Haha overhyping the stopgap so it sounds like the actual solution to try to get two bumps in sales is such a Marvel thing to do.
    Now that I think about it, that's kind of true .

Alonso and Breevort need to go.
    Variant overload and turned issue 20 to 690 seems short sighted.

The relaunch sadly makes sense as Infinity War launches in May and the milestones will hit beforehand.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I can't see Marvel relaunching after bringing back legacy numbering. Maybe relaunch some books, but not all. Bleedingcool I am starting to trust less and less. Nick Spencer on Spider-Man? Fantastic Three? Sounds like rumor news.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I can't see Marvel relaunching after bringing back legacy numbering. Maybe relaunch some books, but not all. Bleedingcool I am starting to trust less and less. Nick Spencer on Spider-Man? Fantastic Three? Sounds like rumor news.
    I can.

They bring back the legacy numbering for milestones and a quick sales bump and then quickly relaunch to get a new #1 when it suits them.

It'd be more surprising if they kept the numbering going after the milestone issue hits.