Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I want less multiples of same "characters". If you want to replace Steve Rogers with Sam Wilson then just do it and lets move on. I don't think that current approach is working (fans of "original" think that he is slowly getting pushed aside while fans of replacement think that Marvel isn't committing to new character fully therefore it can't shine as well as it should) and if we look at DC we can see that GL and Flash fanbases are constantly fighting over who should be "main one". So while it might look cool that fans of both characters can get an ongoing I think that long term it is going to hurt the franchise and create, smaller or bigger, splits in fanbase.

So my one wish would be that with Legacy we get 1 Hulk book, 1 Captain America book, 1 Iron Man book and so on.
    Quoted in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Well marvel doesn't have the film rights to the x-men yet they got eight new series with the resurrexion relaunch with new series like x-men blue and x-men gold, generation x, weapon x, cable, iceman, Jean grey, and astonishing x-men with the two continuing series of old man logan and all new wolverine combining the total x-men comic line to 10 titles/series.
    If Marvel could end every x-book without getting their lunch eaten by D.C. comics and it hurting their Avengers and other titles as X-Fans stop buying them they would do it today.

But, translating movie tickets into comic buying fans hasn't worked so Marvel knows they can't kill the X-Men without doing major damage to their whole publishing line.

Marvel can get away with nixing the F4 with limited damage to their line not the X-Men.

If movie tickets translated to comic sales the way Marvel hoped just a few years ago there would be no X-Men today, but they don't as comic book buying fans are a separate entity that go to see the films, but casual moviegoers certainly don't go from the films to their comic shops.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-19-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I read that if Fox dont do another FF movie before 2022 they will automatically revert back to Marvel. Given that the last movie was such a flop and the previous two movies didn't do well either they might not take the risk.
    The Tim Story ones made a billion combined.

The last one... Fox will gladly blame bitter comic book fans who attacked one actor and tried to ruin his life. Instead of calling out Fox for it's meddling on the film.

The rule says make a film before 2023. It does not say what type or how much. So direct to dvd or a ultra low budget film is an option. I wouldn't give the rights back. Especially if I own the rights to a certain character who is linked to a certain king. They have the cards with Silver Surfer, Doom, The planet eater and others.

Like others have said movies rights haven't prevented others form getting books.

And many of the folks crying for them will find a reason as always to not support it. They are just mad Marvel is looking at others and all these witch hunts to ruin other books won't make FF sale when they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I will expect nothing... and still be disappointed.
    Me too Dewey.

+Bring back Bruce and Tony but don't cater too much on the past, the past didn't chain Rebirth so hopefully the same will apply here
    +Ironheart solo without Bendis and Champions should continue under someone like Whitney
    +Establish more comic writers-artists from indies to establish things, yes, the book writers help but this leaves comics writers who are trying to establish themselves left out and then wonder why DC has a good writer when Marvel had a chance to get that person but didn't.
    +Get good artists, the artists for the Gwenpool issues range from ok to HOW WAS THIS PUBLISHED, get more from the ok crowd and stop stretching other artists thin
    +Give Ant-Man a book again

-Trim the number of books
    -Stop the number of tie ins and relaunches
    -USAvengers or Occupy didn't work because no one got the names but comic fans are to blame as well
    -Stop ending books that get low preorders because the direct market isn't key anymore

That the X-line gets new writers instead of full on relaunches mainly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    If Marvel could end every x-book without getting their lunch eaten by D.C. comics and it hurting their Avengers and other titles as X-Fans stop buying them they would do it today.
    No, they wouldn't. The idea that Marvel has an ongoing evil agenda against mutants and only wishes to rid of them is absurd. It's continually proven to be absurd and yet some fans still want to cling to the idea that mutants are endangered at Marvel. They're not.

BANNED

I'd like to see a return to classic 90s marvel.

When it felt like Xmen were great, Spiderman was street level, Avengers were Earths mightiest and respected, Fantastic four were like family and welcoming, Crossovers were special and exciting.

I want

Amazing spiderman to be great again with a fresh team
    Xmen line is perfect right now IMO
    Venom is Perfect
    Avengers and Uncanny Avengers to continue with new line ups
    Wolverine and Hulk to return with solos
    Fantastic four return
    Ghost rider ongoing
    Doctor Strange with magic
    Antman in a team book
    She Hulk in Defenders
    Royals is fine
    Heroes being heroes

Thats all I really care about now and original numbering please.

I should add that rebirth did a soft reboot perfectly, not erasing everything but just fixing things with common sense and what the fans actual wanted.
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 06-19-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I want less multiples of same "characters". If you want to replace Steve Rogers with Sam Wilson then just do it and lets move on. I don't think that current approach is working (fans of "original" think that he is slowly getting pushed aside while fans of replacement think that Marvel isn't committing to new character fully therefore it can't shine as well as it should) and if we look at DC we can see that GL and Flash fanbases are constantly fighting over who should be "main one". So while it might look cool that fans of both characters can get an ongoing I think that long term it is going to hurt the franchise and create, smaller or bigger, splits in fanbase.

So my one wish would be that with Legacy we get 1 Hulk book, 1 Captain America book, 1 Iron Man book and so on.
    The issue with them is MANAGEMENT refuses to share the sugar and treat each one with RESPECT.

Babs as Batgirl is fine because the other two started under different names. Yet both got DELETED and banned for years despite fan support and even writer support for them.

The hatred of John Stewart-Dc can find writers who WANT to write the others. John fans had to endure HELL and take it not only form Hal fans but creators and even other lantern fans. Jessica & Simon can take Hal's book and JLA spot-no complaints? Let that be John. As a result you lost all John Stewart fans and the consequence that you speak of is a lower sales of Hal's book. 10+ years of abuse was enough and sitting behind 7 other lanterns was the final straw.

Flash-Barry as the main one-FINE-Wally didn't have to be erased and then we get that racist stereotype replacement. Who is being written badly who gets talked down to by Batman's son like a DOG.

The Robins. The hatred for Duke Thomas-hardcore Batman fans won't read Batman over him. He has Tim Drake & Damian fans hating his guts. Nevermind Damian has 2 books. Tim is coming back and they are still mad. How do you have hate for a guy who has pretty much been a token in Batman's books? 7 appearances out of 40 Batman Rebirth books. The hate is heading towards Inhumans/X-Men levels.

DC does not like COMPETITION.

Marvel seems to like it. Two CA books is better than one. Two Spider Man are better than one.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The Tim Story ones made a billion combined.

The last one... Fox will gladly blame bitter comic book fans who attacked one actor and tried to ruin his life. Instead of calling out Fox for it's meddling on the film.

The rule says make a film before 2023. It does not say what type or how much. So direct to dvd or a ultra low budget film is an option. I wouldn't give the rights back. Especially if I own the rights to a certain character who is linked to a certain king. They have the cards with Silver Surfer, Doom, The planet eater and others.

Like others have said movies rights haven't prevented others form getting books.

And many of the folks crying for them will find a reason as always to not support it. They are just mad Marvel is looking at others and all these witch hunts to ruin other books won't make FF sale when they come back.
    The contract stipulates that it has to be a Theatrical release. They already tried low budget with the last trash and it still lost them money.

They must know that no one will watch another while still made by Fox. Their best bet is selling the rights back to get some semblance of profit from the franchise.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...e-mine-marvel/

According to bleeding cool there doing what i feared and bring back everyone in one go. Pacing out there returns would have been better. Im getting more and more worryed about this.

Amazing Spider-Man #788.

So I guess they added Superior

Spider-Gwen #28.

Pre Secret Wars

Spider-Man Deadpool #1770

This has to be a joke.

Captain America #694.
    Black Panther #165.
    Daredevil #594.

Makes sense.

Hulk #708.

Huh. So Red Hulk counts?

Iron Man #593.

Sigh...

Guardians Of The Galaxy #146.

Huh.

Gwenpool #21.

What?

Iron Fist #72.

Ok.

Captain America, Iron Man, and Daredevil are closest to milestones.

I'm guessing they must be adding every Guardian run together, maybe even the classic Guardians?

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Gwenpool #21.

What?
    Yeah, why is Gwenpool mentioned? This volume is her first, though she did have a #0 issue compiling her backups from Howard the Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, why is Gwenpool mentioned? This volume is her first, though she did have a #0 issue compiling her backups from Howard the Duck.
    Yeah, I want to say that Gwenpool listing was a mistake, because unless they add #0 (which is no really point to), there's nothing else to add. #20 is set to come out in September, so maybe they're double shipping again so #21 will be there as well.